Drifting for Miles - House 1, Part 7

Welcome to the final part of House 1. Firstborn and heir Freesia is five days away from leaving the next and drifting all on her own.


Freesia: So...name-change?

No, it's drifting for Miles after the founder, as well as the fact that you guys will be going everywhere-

Freesia: Lame. 


Hyacinth: Seriously? You guys too busy flirting to clean the house?

Roxana: Uh...yes?


Miles: So. My only son. How go things?

Acorn: Mmm. I dunno. Tacos?

Miles: Yeah. Tacos. Good chat.

They have a very deep and meaningful relationship as we can see.


1am...

Acorn: Uh, sis? You've been at that code for five hours and I'm starting to get worried.

Freesia: I'm about to get it right! Worry about yourself! What kind of nine year-old wears a waistcoat?

Acorn: One cooler than a teenage girl with no friends who just....codes all night.


Hyacinth: I'm gonna go to that highschool and be the most popular, prettiest girl there!

Roxana: Slow down, freshman.

Hyacinth: You've never been supportive of my dreams!


Roxana: Hmmm...what smells like dirt?

Daisy: Uh, hiiii? It's me, your neglected child!

Roxana: Oh, go ask your father, Acorn.

Daisy: Wow, thanks!


Roxana: Don't throw food!

Daisy: Choke on those pancakes!

Roxana: Way to create extra work for us!

Daisy: That was the POINT!


Yeah so Miles is the only one she'll listen to.

Daisy: How did you convince me of this?


Miles: Um...sure, man. Hasn't it been about twenty years?

Johnny: Never too late to catch up with a friend.

Miles: Yeah, but were we even close?

Johnny: Ouch, dude.


Johnny: You'd think they could keep house a little nicer!

It's ONE highchair you prick.


Daisy: Fly with me forever!

Miles: Ooh, no OW DAISY I'm not as young as I was!

Daisy: Not my problem old man!


Johnny: What's wrong with these kids?

Hyacinth: Up yours, random stranger.

Freesia: Well Acorn only slept three hours last night.

Acorn: Shut up, you stink, literally.

Freesia: That's Hyacinth's fault! She got herself pushed in that mud!

Hyacinth: Apparently I shouldn't be hitting on the homecoming queen's boyfriend...


Hyacinth: One day I'll be exactly like that couple in this song...

Miles: That's nice but...what about that computing interest you mentioned? Can't we talk about that?

Hyacinth: Silly Dad. You know I got this romantic side from you!

Miles:...Doesn't mean I want to hear about it.


Acorn: I will be fit to wear the waistcoat!


Freesia: Dad the old food on the highchair really stinks...

Miles: You and Hyacinth didn't smell much better when you got home!

Freesia: Dad...

Miles: Besides it's gonna get way worse once you go drifting, heiress of mine.

Freesia: Great.


Freesia: God why'd they have to have this brat? I was enough. Guess I'll have to clean it...

Hyacinth: As if this world would be as good without me in it.

Acorn: Attagirl, sis. That'll show Freesia.

Freesia: Oh get over it, your waistcoat is mediocre and I stand by it.


Roxana: Sometimes it feels like my life has spiralled beyond my control...


2am...

Hyacinth: Where did these flies come from? Seriously, is life conspiring to hit me in the squeamishness?

I sympathise with you girl. Yikes.


Roxana: So how was school yesterday?

Hyacinth: Very funny.

Roxana: I genuinely don't know tho.

Hyacinth: How about I answer you once you're wearing clothes?

Acorn: Dance dance! Someone join me!


Miles: Now why're you freaking out in here, Freesia?

Freesia: Um, maybe because you said I was doomed because I'm the Drifter!

Miles: Oh, you'll be fine! It's hard but you can get through it. I did, and you remind me of myself sometimes.

Freesia: That's not reassuring!

Miles: Well. OK. I tried.


Miles stop looking so afraid of your baby daughter.

Miles: But I don't know what she wants! Show me mercy, Daisy!

For heaven's sake.


Freesia's home and still miserable.

Freesia: Oh book, oh nice comfy bed. This might be the last time I experience-

Your dad did the same thing and now he slumbers each night in a four-poster, chin up a bit!


Hyacinth: And this is - look at me, Dais.

Daisy: But Dad would be better at this.

Miles: Please let me eat one meal in peace.

Hyacinth: I thought it would be fun to practice for my future babies.


Acorn: Well, you might just be the U in cute.

Nayeli: Really? You're like nine. And what's with the waistcoat?

Acorn: Oh come on!

Seriously she did not like his 'Funny Introduction'.


Miles: Don't mind him. I think it's hard for him to find his place in a house of women, y'know...

Nayeli: Whatever, I came to hang out with my girl Freesia, not psychoanalyse her weird brother.

Freesia: Cool and all, girl, but I have not slept properly for two days and I'm so tired you're kind of just a red blur...


Freesia went to bed.

Nayeli: Why am I still here?

I have the same question.

Nayeli: And why is this kid still talking?

Acorn: Art teachers be like...that's enough macaroni!


Nayeli: Another thing, where are the toddler's parents?

Hyacinth: Well I just heard the bathroom lock click...

Daisy: Oooh, did they eat too much?

Hyacinth: Sure. Sure.


Horny jail for thee. This was autonomous. One 'Embrace' wish from Miles and now we're here.

Roxana: Mmm...the other girls have it.

Miles: I need a break...


Roxana: That's not Miles.

Freesia: No shit. Just gonna try out this bed before I give up comfort forever.

Again, you can make money.


Acorn: You may have usurped my position as youngest, but I can keep you awake allll night.

Daisy: *already used to this so doesn't give a shit*

Seriously. Half the time this kid only naps and spends the rest of the night with the dollhouse.


Hyacinth: Something's not right with that kid, all he does is dance!

Miles: Don't say that Hyacinth, he's right there.

Hyacinth: Doesn't matter. Hey Acorn, what did I just say to you?

Acorn: Uh...oh, thanks Hyacinth, my dancing IS great.

Hyacinth: See?


We've been seeing rather more of our spares than our heir recently, and that's because all she does is whine and NOT take care of her needs.

Freesia: Pretty sure it's not supposed to be this smokey...


Miles: Aw, Daisy, you're gonna get so much easier today.

Daisy: Thank...you?

It's her birthday FINALLY. I kind of regret the fourth kid ngl. Then again Miles has nothing to do and hasn't for a while, so I guess she kept him occupied.

He needs to evolve one more plant to Excellent for his aspiration and then he's done.


Miles: I'm free. I'm finally free.

Daisy: Uh...thanks, good for you?


Daisy grew up a Geek and Whiz Kid, hence the nerdy makeover. Lots of Roxana's facial features in this one, though of course the colouring is all Miles.


Seconds later, the aspiration is complete.

Miles: I think this is the best day of my life.


Daisy: Dad leave me alone I'm trying to beat Freesia's score on Blicblock. Weren't you happy to be free of needy babies?

Miles: I was until I realised I have absolutely no life now.

Daisy: Sounds like a you problem.


I may rag on her but I do love my heiress <3

Freesia: Dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen...surely this song is about me!


With their little sister hogging the computer, the two teenagers are making use of the reading corner.

Hyacinth: God this romance is so unrealistic.

Freesia: Says the girl who's never had anything to do with a guy.

Hyacinth: HEY Jason Gallagher MEANT something with that hug!

Freesia: Sure.


Hyacinth: Now this. This is real romance.

Freesia: Reel Her In? You wanna fall for a sexist fisherman?


Miles: Oh Hyacinth, you're better than that.

Hyacinth: Damn Freesia...

Miles: Did we mess up somewhere? Don't you have enough self-esteem to know better? You're my little girl and I'd never accept-

Hyacinth: Going upstairs now, Dad.

Miles is on free will because he has nothing to do. He chooses to spend his time talking to his kids.

Miles: We're having important conversations!

Hyacinth: No, it's just annoying.


Sent him out to harvest a plant 'cos he whimmed it, and he started talking to Ulrike Faust.

Ulrike: Yes, your kids are so interesting. No reason why I, a stranger, would think otherwise.

Miles: Right? So, after Hyacinth you've got Acorn. My only son, kind of in his own world...


Freesia: Lol homework, Dais? Who needs to do that crap?

Daisy: Me, because I actually want to make something of myself and not be sent to an empty field in two days.

Roxana: She's got you there.

Freesia:...Thanks, Mum.


The morning (4am)...

Daisy: This is an electrical hazard. Do none of them know this?

They do, they're just lazy.

Daisy: That's worse.


Miles: Shit SORRY!

Freesia: Maybe the field won't be so bad...


Roxana: Seriously what's the point of this?

Miles: But the kids...they're so adorable.

Roxana: Miles I'm in that picture giving Acorn a bath!


Ah yes. Miles, father of four, gardener, devoted family man...total bad boy.

Miles: I knew she was interested in my amazing kids!


Miles: See? Dancing with your dad - ain't so bad!

Freesia: I'm dying on the inside.


Evie Delgato came over. She's kind of cute but her huge eyes freak me out a little.


Hyacinth: Oh God...Dad, this is my friend Evie. We're having dinner now.

Miles: Nice! Hi, Evie, nice to meet you, I'm Miles, Hyacinth's Dad...

Freesia: I don't think she cares...

Miles: So what plans do you have for the future, Evie?

Evie: Uhhhh


Miles: Oh NO NOT AGAIN, Freesia's in here.

Hyacinth: Freesia's in here! :)

Freesia: Why do you look so happy at the thought of me peeing? Which, I'm not actually doing...

Evie: Am I the only one concerned about that puddle on the floor...

Seriously game, wtf is this? Nothing is happening, and Miles was in here first!


Miles: I don't think I always understand you kids...

Acorn: Yeah, that's pretty fair.

Miles: No disagreements at all?

Acorn: No.


Miles fuck off.

Miles: But I'm bored! And you won't even have to-

NO. You have enough children.


Roxana: Ah....my favourite guilty pleasure series. I'm glad my Miles 'reeled me in'...and gladder he's nothing like this male lead!


Daisy: Um...somebody feed me?

Um...feed yourself, you're not a baby.

Daisy: Oh right.


Roxana: Miles I like to be close to you but not like this.

Miles: Nope, this is romance.

Roxana: *sigh*


Miles: Yay you guys are home.

Hyacinth: Goddammit I already have a headache.

Freesia: I...uh...I've gotta go wash my hair, Dad.

Miles: Well. Very nice. At least Daisy's happy to see me.

Freesia: Nah, she's still on a high from beating some kid at a spelling bee.

Daisy: Precipitation, bitches!

Hyacinth: Just shut up, it never rains here!


He's such a cute kid, but this is what he looks like upside down apparently.

Acorn: Heeeeeeh


This lump is Freesia. It is her birthday. She's having a great time. But because it's nighttime, I will age her up in the morning with her little brother Acorn.


Evie Delgato is here again. She's trying to replace Nalani, who hasn't come over in ages. Miss her.

But anyway she's kinda giving Miles the eye.

Evie: You do have an interesting look, Mr S...

Roxana: Bitch back off.


Daisy: Maybe there IS more to life than video games and spelling bees. These monkey bars are pretty - ooh, 'monkey' there's another word I did. God that felt good!


Birthday 1!


And Birthday 2!

Miles: Actually I'd quite like to keep being heir-

Freesia: Outta my way old man.


Here's Acorn. He is now a Dog Lover with the Nerd Brain aspiration, adding to Loves Outdoors. He looks like his Mum but very cute of course.

Roxana: Naturally.

Which means next time, we will see YA Freesia in her new home, drifting like her father.

Comments