Drifting for Miles - House 1, Part 6

We start with Adult Roxana happily grilling.

Roxana: I like this makeover, these fritters smell amazing and I got a very encouraging text from Nalani. Life is good.


Miles: Kids, Nalani's gonna be a lot happier now, I feel.

Hyacinth: Good, will she stop stalking us then?

Acorn: But does she have a home now?

Miles: She always did...but I think now she has it back.

Acorn:...Oh.

Hyacinth: Oh?

Acorn: Yeah, I admit, I don't get it.

Miles: When you're older.


Haven't made much note of it, but Daisy is a very fussy and irritating baby. For example, now. Miles just finished taking care of your other needs and went to skill, you just had to use your nappy?

Daisy: Don't judge me!


Why are you playing by the road at 1am? You are very exposed.

Hyacinth: Yeah, like there's so many serial killers in this boring-ass town. Gimme a break!

This is how people get eaten by cowplants, Hyacinth.

Hyacinth: I've reevaluated and I'm not scared of that thing either. Especially now that you got rid of it.

(It was pissing me off so yeah, I sold it. I only grew it for Miles's aspiration anyway)


Acorn: Everyone's awake, it's like a 3am kitchen party!

Hyacinth: Some party. Anyway, I'm off, gonna go brood on the monkey bars.

Miles: Daisy shhhh, it's ok sweetie please go back to sleep.

Acorn: God that baby's so loud.

Hyacinth: Take complaints to Dad, not me.


Roxana why are you grilling in your underwear on our street-facing balcony?

Roxana: Why does the balcony face the street?

OK my building skills are not on trial here.

Roxana: Hey, the world deserves to see how good I still look after four kids.

Sure, whatever. Hope the local pervs enjoy the show.


Freesia still exists.

Freesia: As if I could be forgotten. Hey, apparently Auntie Nalani got divorced last night?...Why was DAD there?


Acorn is Roxana's favourite. They have the closest relationship and they're always hanging out together, even if not talking.

Which is not always for the best.

Acorn: I love the outdoors, not even this weirdness could ruin it.

Roxana: I don't know what you're talking about.


Freesia got her dumb ass stuck behind the table. Had to reset her so she could go to school.

Freesia: I think you mean hot ass.

Not mutually exclusive.


Daisy grew up.

...And she grew up Fussy. I don't believe it. 3/4 kids of the generation got the stupid Fussy trait. What are the odds?

At least it happened in the generation parented by the Baby Whisperer.


Case in point.

I think the 'Soothe' interaction that replaces 'Comfort' for Family-Oriented sims can't be rejected. So Miles can deal with Daisy's growing up sad.

Yeah, she grew up sad because Roxana went to work.


WHOMST.

Howard: Yaaaay I finally found a home!

Oh no you didn't, kid, we've got enough of our plate around here.


Kids are home.

Freesia: It feels good to be this awesome.

What, sitting on your ass playing the Sims? Doing nothing useful?

Freesia: What are you doing then?


Miles is so cute with his kids.

Miles: Your mother and I love you so much.

Daisy: What mother?


Roxana's home for some reason. Even though her portrait shows her at work.

Roxana: Maybe I just miss my Miles-

Hyacinth: Why are you like this? You've got kids too.

Roxana: Well Acorn's having a nap right now, isn't he?

Freesia:...Wow.


Freesia: I've got reliable info stating you feel terrible because you won't eat a proper meal.

Hyacinth:...Peas are healthy.

There's so many leftovers. I don't know why Hyacinth won't eat them.


Freesia: Oooh electrocution hazard! Maybe one of the kids will get a little shock...just enough to know that Freesia should always be listened to.


Hyacinth: EW, Dad! Leave!

Miles: What does it look like I was doing...

Hyacinth: I don't know! Absolutely disgusting! Leave.

Miles: Damn those teenage hormones got an early start with this one...

She's been like this since she was a toddler.


Acorn: Soooo Nalani, how's the divorce going?

Hyacinth: Seriously. You have a house.

Nalani: Oh, well it's lonely around there, now that he's gone...

Acorn: You could always get married again!

Hyacinth: Ah yes, you and your excellent taste in men, back on the market!


Milana is traumatising their kids.

Hyacinth: Ew! Just do this in your room, what is wrong with you people?

Acorn: O__O That doesn't look sanitary.

Hyacinth: That and the trash pile!

I didn't make them do this. Miles' wish was for an 'Embrace'.


NO.

Miles: They're all growing up so fast, and Daisy will be a child when-

I said no, Miles. Your heir ages up in a week!

Roxana: I concur.


Nalani: What do you think then, kid?

Acorn: I think I'm too young to hear about your emotional problems.

Nalani: Fair.

Acorn: Seriously, get a therapist lady.


Acorn: Have you been to the park, Freesia?

Freesia: Well, no. I used to think I was awesome enough in this house, but I think more people need to see me. To hear me!

Acorn:...Let's go then!

Freesia: I'll ask Dad for us, Aky.

Hyacinth, across the room: GUYS, it's 3am!


Freesia: Ah, siblings. They're not always so bad.

Miles: Glad you came around.

Freesia: Well, I realised I'd always be better than them because I'm the heir.

Miles: So you wouldn't want-

Freesia: Four kids is enough, Dad.


Miles: You're as beautiful as ever. Loving the new outfit.

Roxana: Oh Miles, you flatter me.

Freesia: And that, kiddo, is what's called a simp.

Hyacinth: Don't they just love each other? Which is still disgusting, but...


Acorn: Come on Hyacinth. Gimme a go!

Hyacinth: I said you could go when I died. You agreed. Look, I'm still alive.

Acorn: You didn't tell me you were gonna play the Sims!


Took them to the park and of course Miss and Mr Loves Outdoors went inside.

Freesia: I'm youuuurs - shit, wrong note-

Acorn: Wrong song. Wrong instrument. Wrong idea.


Tiffanie: No, seriously, who are you?

Freesia: One day you'll all know...who's staring at me?

Darnell: Damn she cute tho.


Meanwhile Roxana is grilling.

So much grilling.


Freesia: Wow Mum, this is such a great...way to pretend you have friends!

Acorn: Awwwww snap - I mean, sorry Mum.

Roxana: You can't have it both ways, Acorn.


Nayeli: Wh - what are you yelling at me for?

Wolfgang: TEASE!

Nayeli: I was just practicing my chess moves, you approached me!


Hyacinth: Lol those trousers were a mistake.

Jason: W-why would you say that?

Hyacinth: It's advice. Hi, I'm Hy!

Jason: What?


Sometimes townies are inexplicable.

Margaret: You don't like the look? I saw it on the YouTube!


Nayeli: Just hide me if that incel comes back..

Freesia: Yeah, why not?

Nayeli: Also? You're kinda cute tho.

Hyacinth: Oh, thank you!

Freesia: Not like that, Hy.


Roxana: Oh grow a pair and get some single friends. Literally all that'll happen is I'll third-wheel you.

Nalani: Just don't bring your husband.

Roxana:...Didn't think about that.

Brought Miles anyway, whoops.


Nalani: They seem nice.

Miles: Yes, well, Morgyn there is married, to a lovely lady named Catarina. They both love cats and live in Brindleton Bay together. And Johnny, in the green, is married to Jade-

Nalani: You guys are friends then?

Miles: No, we just met. Got to chatting.


Freesia: Why am I here? It's full of fortysomethings trying to reinvigorate their sad relationships.

Miles: Yeah, happy wife happy life am I right?

Freesia: So lame.


Back at home Miles reads to Daisy.

Daisy: Tell me what happens to the rabbit!


But his baby-whispering skills are not always effective.

Daisy: Don't tell me what to do, little man! I'll end you. I'll end your whole family!

Miles: You are part of my family.


Hyacinth: Glad we went to the park with Dad yesterday.

Freesia: Amen. What is that outfit?

Hyacinth: Right?

Miles: What? What's wrong with it? Do I look fat?

Freesia: How honest do you want me to be?


Freesia: You can have a turn once the Sim dies.

Hyacinth: Haha, very funny.

Freesia: Be nice to Acorn, he's the only innocent here.

Hyacinth: What about Daisy?

Freesia: She's three and knows how to give a pretty effective death threat.


Acorn: as if I'd help you, serves you right!

Hyacinth: Freesia's bigger than us. Soon enough she'll target you too.

Acorn: Hahaha as if! We've got a bond!

Hyacinth: Bonds are breakable. So are bones. You will help me.


Roxana: This is Roxana space, Hyacinth. Go dance with your sister.

Freesia: This music is almost as good as my guitar playing!

Hyacinth: I don't want to dance with a delusional person.

Roxana: Just move away. I can smell what you ate for breakfast. Who eats a burger at 9am?


Miles: Oh, aren't our kids so wonderful, Rox?

Roxana: Sure...Miles what is that vest?

Miles: Everyone keeps saying that!


Roxana: Miles stop looking at her it's making this worse.

Miles: It was an accident!

Freesia: I didn't wanna make this eye contact anyway. I know what you're doing, just keep it down.

Roxana: I don't know what you're talking about.

Miles: Jig's up. You can work the speaker, right?

Freesia: Affirmative, I'll now pretend this never happened.


Roxana: You make me feel like I'm twenty again-

Nalani: God do your parents ever stop?

Daisy: No! I want attention!


Nalani: So, anybody special in your life?

Freesia: Eh. I'm too good for most people.

Nalani: Right you are! If only I knew that when I was twenty-five!

Freesia: If you bring up your divorce drama I'm leaving.


Hyacinth: HUGS!

Acorn: I'd rather n - *chokes on hair*


Daisy's a little horror, about as bad as Hyacinth. Maybe worse.

Roxana: We don't throw food! Look at the mess!

Daisy: As if I'd listen to you!


Freesia: Mmmm, yeah, still the best!

She's practicing programming on her own. What a legend.


Hyacinth's having a birthday.

Hyacinth: YAY people might give me attention!

Daisy: No!

Miles: Go to bed!

Roxana: Lol there's a wall over there.

Freesia: *still learning Python or whatever*

Acorn: *standing upstairs doing nothing*


Of course, she turned out absolutely gorgeous. She's got a mix of both parents' eye and nose shapes, I think, with Miles' mouth. She's the only kid to not get Miles' hair and eye colours. And of course, she got Roxana's body shape. Thanks, Bella Goth.

She got the Romantic trait and the Computer Whiz aspiration, so I went for a girly/geeky style.

(Don't tell Freesia but if I could, I'd pick Hyacinth as heir. Not that both girls aren't beautiful. Besides, Hyacinth is Squeamish, not an ideal drifter trait)

Comments