Sutherland Ascendants - 1.2

Shea:...I'm hosting what at the library this evening?

The Geeks+Gamers club, led by none other than the fearless Umbriel!


It's going great.

Shea: Why is it so hard to get a dating profile right?

Gideon: I'll do that and you do my English homework?

Shea: Ugh, no kid!

Umbriel: Yeah sure, come along! Bring your friends!


Cameron: Please, I'd never stoop to Python, that's like babytown easy!

Juniper: Such a douche, we all start somewhere.

Umbriel: I will not have pretentious bullshit like this in my club! Only a bad workman blames his tools!

Juniper: Say it girl.


Shea: So you come in here, take over the whole place and all the bandwidth too-

Umbriel: Look lady I filled out the permit, I have a right to have friends that gather here. U jelly?

Shea: And one of these ruffians is just tearing through my books!

Umbriel: Yeah that's not on me, nobody can control Acacia.


Marcus: Eh, librarians are just uptight. At least not creepy like the one back in Windenburg.

Umbriel: Guess so. What've you been up to? How are things with Kalamainu'u?

Marcus: Well. She's mostly wonderful, but...I did always like a challenge.


Umbriel: Anyway! Acacia, how are you how's the baby?...Where's the baby? Oly had to work...

Acacia: Oh little Kaleb is just fine at the house. I think his vampiric energies are protecting us from them now.

Elsa: Uh, I don't think that's what you do with babies.

Umbriel: Kid's right, y'know.

Acacia: Lmao no I'm joking, I got him a babysitter.


One of Umbriel's goals this generation is to befriend an elderly person and have them move in. I invited one over to start.

Bentley: How dare you drag an old man away from his stories at this hour?

Umbriel: It's like 10pm and you could have just said no.

Bentley: The disrespect of the young people these days.

Umbriel: Oh lawd.


Bentley: I don't know what came over me, I'm so sorry. You seem like a very nice young woman.

Umbriel: Yeah. I'm pretty great. You ever heard of sundowning?


Later...

Bentley: Oh shit is she actually some kind of black widow?

Dion: Dude no. It's way worse than that.

Bentley:...Uhhhh, should I get the fuck out? She seems nice-

Dion: She's irritating and very cursed. Also I'm a bad repairman.


Felix Psyded: Sooo apparently we now all meet at this chick's place.

Who's we?

Felix: Y'know. Us.


Felix: Get to it boys, clean your mess up!

Dion: Maybe I will be a good repairman in...in the afterlife.

Bentley: How did I get roped into this?

*Meanwhile I finally download Seasons, who waits four years lmao*

(Also Strangerville and Paranormal Stuff.)


Felix: Oh, you're messing with the strange electrical box now? I can't stand for it!

Dion: Dude this is my territory to haunt, I'm the one with a grudge against this chick.

Felix: The disrespect!


Dion: By the way there's a weird old ghost in your house, curse-chick.

Umbriel: Yeah I know he's staring at me in my underwear.

Dion: Hey I'm trying to help you!


Umbriel maxed programming. She already did have some skill but like Level 4 I think?

Umbriel: We've been through this, I really am that good.


Umbriel:...I'm bored and I wanna talk about Stranger Things with someone.

Soon, dear, soon. Promise.


Umbriel: Oh look! People.

Oly: Didja miss me?

Umbriel:...Wait, I'm distracted by that guy over there? Aren't you boiling, dude? It's summer now.

Darrel: Anything for the aesthetic.


Oly: Anyway I got you a gift! Acacia found it outside.

Umbriel: Oh God I don't know if I want to open this.

Oly: Kidding. It's a DLC code, happy downloading.

Umbriel: Aw you do know me.


Oly: Speaking of I also know this really cool event in San Myshuno, it's got...a really nice atmosphere, I think it would suit us-

Umbriel: Why do you say that? Geekcon isn't back for ages.

Oly: Well, it's not - we're more than geeky, right? It's something-

Umbriel: I'm messing with you, I know what the Romance Festival is. Let's go.


Of course Acacia, a true Romantic, was there.

Acacia: *giggle* I just love love!


Umbriel: Damn you two have that aesthetic.

Mortimer: Nothing stops Bella from coordinating our outfits-

Bella: Not even pregnancy and this tube of a dress.

Umbriel: Well. Looking hot. Except for the rat-stache, just get a razor.

Bella: That's what I've said!


Bella: I just love young love!

Oly: Well, we're like...good friends who flirt with each other-

Umbriel: We've done a bit more than that.

Bella: Ooooh, OK then-

Umbriel: Wait, not THAT-

Oly: Lol not yet.


Hey look it's new townies.

Ted: So how 'bout we blow this joint and 'go to bed', shall I say-

Meredith: OK but I'm gonna need a few more of these pink drinks first.

Romance.


Um...sorry, Acacia.

Acacia: Don't be, silly! My good friend and my brother BOTH deserve to get some!


Vendor: Right in front of my salad?

Ulrike, probably drunk: Hell yeah! Get it! You'll get more than my husband who didn't come because he was napping in front of Hell's Kitchen reruns!

Vendor: Hey, well if you're lonely-


Gloria: No seriously I'm trying to get my damn sushi order.

Umbriel: Oly I really do like you, y'know.

Oly: Let's give this shit a real try?

Umbriel: That's what I was gonna say.

Gloria: You guys are bad at this.


They ended up having a late night home date because of Umbriel's wants.

Umbriel: !!! Electronica!!!

Oly: Didn't think I'd spend the night dancing to sick beats while leaving room for Jesus...but shit, if she's happy...


Umbriel: So anyway, how do you like that townhouse? It's kind of dark, and cramped-

Oly: Ooooh I know you're trying to legacy-timeline me...and I won't complain!

Umbriel: Oh cool I don't have to be delicate about kinda wanting to keep you forever?

Oly: You never do. The problem is Acacia. I don't think I really want to leave her, especially with the baby...

Umbriel: I...may just have a solution.


Oly: Yeah?

Umbriel: She can come too! I've got the spare room and it's pretty barebones, but-

Oly: She won't mind that. But will you mind her?

Umbriel: Appreciate your sister for her eccentricities. I sure do.

Oly: Well now you're making me feel like a dick. If you're really OK with it...'cos we do hate that townhouse-

Umbriel: When do I ever do shit I don't wanna, Oly?


So yeah. Long story short, Acacia and Oly both live here now, along with Acacia's baby and dog. Not sure if I'll have her stay the whole gen or move back out at some point.

Acacia: Oh, it doesn't matter! My brother is in love and my baby has ducks to look at!

Blake: But my nappy tho


Acacia: Oh look, there's a little floral shield around my bed. Perhaps then they won't get me.

Well, I'm glad she's happy.


Oleander now has a job in the Engineering career. He's too far up in the Tech Guru one for me to feel like it's 'fair'. 


And of course there's the dog.

Rezy: I never agreed to this, I hate the way this wood feels on my paws and I'm going to make your life hell.

He's a troublemaker.


Acacia: It's dangerous to make so much noise at night! We could be found!

Rezy: Oh up yours I don't even wanna be here!


Oly: Oh damn...only one bed. I hope you don't mind-

Umbriel: Obviously I don't or I'd have got a separate one for you. Now turn off the lights you dickhead I'm still trying to sleep.


Umbriel: What? Lingerie and breakfast is sexy right?

You invited his sister to sleep in the room next door.

Umbriel: Eh. It's Acacia. Don't think she'll mind.


Blake aged up.

Blake: HI MOTHER

Acacia: Awww. You already remind me of me!

Maybe it's just the colouring. He's so cute tho.


Blake: *grabs leg* Now onwards, it's time to adventure!

Acacia: Hold on a second, Mum really needs to pee.


Look at him tho. Holy cuteness.

He's a silly tot. And a mermaid. No vampire babies in this house for now.


Umbriel:...Why are you walking like that?

Oly: There's a literal frog in my pocket.

You're the one who wanted to collect one of the stupid things.


Blake: I love you, monster boy. Let's fly into the stars.


Umbriel you've been running for like 3 hours. You managed to go from 0-3 in Fitness skill.

Umbriel: I'd rather do too much than too little.

That is kind of her whole thing.


Acacia: Come on now, munchkin! Let's play!

Blake: Yayyyy! I'm going to the stars!

Acacia: Oh dear, don't you know what they hide in those at-home rocket ships?


Blake: I will make discoveries for myself thank YOU very much!


Oly befriended Brant Hecking while out in the world, so he came for a visit.

Brant: Dude you uprooted your whole life and your sister for this girl, just be careful-

Oly: More like moved down the street. And come on, this place has way better WiFi.

Brant: I'm just saying, Umbriel must be something.


Brant: Oh God what happened here! Why is the grave by the trash?


Blake: Uncle Oly! Wait for me!

Oly: Nope, just work those little legs, you're better than this.

Clara: This is how you babysit then?


Umbriel: Hi, good to see you, Marcus. This is Acacia-

Marcus: Damn girl you need NO introduction.

Acacia:...Why does he know who I am? Have you been watching? Are you one of them?

Umbriel: I don't think-


Oly: Uh, hey Umbriel. Haven't been ignoring you, just busy-

Umbriel: Yes I know. We both have lives and we're self-sufficient.

Oly: So...we live together, we share a bed-

Umbriel: Call it partners? Exclusively?

Oly: Yep!

Umbriel: Good talk.


Marcus: Did you steal my look?!

Brant: Dude, what, who even are you-

Blake: Mum was RIGHT


Blake: So I just...let it go into this thing? Really?

Oly: Better that than some random disposable underwear we put you in.

Blake: Never thought about it that way.


Umbriel: And you're sure Acacia's kid is sleeping. I don't need him to be traumatised under our watch.

Oly: He's traumatised enough by my sister.

Umbriel: OLY-

Oly: Kidding. He's very intense, so he's tired himself out.

Umbriel: Great. Isn't this a good pre-WooHoo conversation.

Yes it's like you're already parents.


Post-coitus, things are not sexy.

Oly: I spend way too much time cleaning the excrement of Acacia's assorted creatures.

Rezy: I told you. I hate this wood flooring. And I'm gonna raise hell.


Oly: Much better. Now to start on Robotics...this table is two feet long! Wait, even Blake could have figured that one out...

He's got a long way to go. Also, I gave him a custom Robotics aspiration that I downloaded.


The Morning...

Umbriel: So nobody got harassed by ghosts and the plumbing hasn't spontaneously exploded? This must be a trap. What's gonna go wrong this time?


Umbriel: I just don't get it. It feels like a trap.

Oly: Just breaaaathe. Rub your temples calmingly. They are not gonna get you.

Umbriel: Yeah I get it, I get it, I sound like Acacia.


Acacia: Oh yeah, 'I'm Oly, you worry too much, it's OK to take your baby outside before his Blessing' - honestly if he led this family, we'd all be dead.

She's cheerful as ever.


Umbriel wants to improve her cooking skill. She needs a lot of skills...so I see no problem here.

Acacia: So can I have the knife yet? I kinda made a blood pact with the dishwasher at work..

Umbriel: Hate to be a killjoy but I agree with your brother on this one.


Awwww.

Acacia: Yeah. I'll just boogie on my own then.

You have two romantic interests in your panel.

Acacia: Both called Caleb. Both don't call me.


Yeah, Acacia's bed and the bath-shower (necessary for a toddler) are both in the same unfinished room. I'll figure out the house eventually.

Rezy: Maybe figure out this SIN! Alert! Alert!

Honestly this dog annoys me. And nobody in the house gives her enough attention...so I put Rezy up for adoption.


Acacia: They unscrew the pipes. They crawl through your sink, into your house, into your dreams. The gremlins, Umbriel calls them!

Caleb (not Blake's father): You do have such interesting ideas, Acacia-

Acacia: Ah, you say that to humour me-

Caleb: Oh no, I truly want to hear you.


Umbriel:...Did we make the right choice?

Oly: Well, next time I blow your mind we won't be interrupted by some creature barking.

Umbriel: I suppose that's true.

Oly: Also, we can get a cat. We only had the thing because Acacia doesn't know what a cat looks like.

(Oly is a cat lover)

Umbriel: Wait, you sent her to get a pet? That's kind of on you, Oly.


Blake: Uncle Oly I don't want to lie on Mama's altar, whatever that means.

Oly:...It means she just wants to keep you safe. I'll talk to her. But also you should know this house is actually cursed.

Blake:...So why on earth do we live here?


Umbriel:...Why exactly are we at a university campus?

Oly: My engineering job wants me to break into a lecture.

Umbriel: Come on, be serious.

Oly: I am. They're too cheap to just pay for a skill class I guess.

Umbriel: Sounds like a fun place to work.

They're both dressed for uni despite being like 28 lol.


Umbriel: Well if Oly gets to sneak into a class I'm gonna crash their e-sports tournament and own these kids, mmk?

She actually came second.

Umbriel: Not bad for a first attempt.


Umbriel's friend Marcus was there when we got home.

Umbriel: Any reason you were standing outside my house at 11pm?

Marcus: Heh, well, you're always the person I think of in a crisis. Kind of got kicked out by that temperamental mermaid I was seeing...anyway how's your-

Umbriel: I'm with Oly. You saw him at the workbench.

Marcus: Oh as if that guy benches anything!


Ghosts are back.

Dion: What the fuck, this is not my grave/spawnpoint! I'm gonna immediately destroy this random house for this slight!

SIGH


Marcus: Well. I never realised you were Umbriel's roommate.

Acacia: Well I'm her only roommate. My brother Oleander is her boyfriend. They both protect me from those out to get me. Oh, they also say it's from 'myself' also.

Marcus: Sounds like a nice setup. Surely it must get strange, third-wheeling for your brother and all...


Acacia: *sigh* Oh definitely. He was always the one freewheeling everywhere, but he'll agree when I say: I'm the true romantic. But it's just not happened for me.

Marcus: Really? For someone so beautiful, I can't imagine you've struggled-

Acacia: People are attracted to me! I thought I found the One, and now I have a two year-old.

Marcus: Oh.

Y'know, I'm seeing it. Despite his Non-Committal trait. We'll see.


Meanwhile tonight's ghost is actually trying to work through his emotions.

Dion: Get it together, man! This sort of behaviour is why you got divorced!


He only broke one thing and immediately fixed it. Thanks dude. If we must have ghosts I hope it's this guy as much as possible.

Dion: Boy howdy did I miss Candy Crush!


Blake: Sooo can you grill me a cheese then?

Oly: Do you think I'm incompetent? I'll have you know-

Acacia: Dearie me they're getting bolder. Noxious gases, right at my breakfast table!

Oly: Sorry sis I'll do the dishes in a sec


I'm not surprised Umbriel rolled this whim.


Umbriel: So how do you feel about legal commitments.

Oly:....Can we at least finish making out?

Umbriel: How is that question killing the mood?

Idk girl the way you asked it? Lmao.


Acacia invited someone over.

Acacia: Morning hunk! What do you say to a date? I really need to break this losing streak!

Marcus: Hell I never say no to a pretty face.

Acacia: That's...kind of a red flag!

Marcus: Take it or leave it.


So they had a home date. Umbriel wanted to practice her cooking.

Umbriel: Wait. Hang on, 'Cacia. Is this how Oly and me have made you feel this whole time?

Acacia: No comment.

Comments