Drifting for Miles - House 4, Part 5


Lichen :Oh God, it's space! They've come for me!


Verbena: What's wrong with the plumbing around here, honestly? Oh well I'll do my bit and clean.


Verbena:...Yeah. Neverending cycle, I realised. So one of the adults can just slip and fall. I wonder who it'll be - is Jasmine old enough to start a betting pool with me?


Aspen's a grandma now, thanks to her son Brendan knocking up a girl day 1 of adulthood.

Aspen: Son if you try and make me babysit I'll punt the thing into the ocean, I swear it.


Verbena: Morning Mum! How are you doing?

Maricela: I'm goddamn purposeless, Bean. Don't marry a Drifter.

Verbena: Well...Dad says I'll become a-

Maricela: Then don't get married! Die alone!

Verbena:...Uh, anyway, we're doing abstract art in class today-


Celia: Oh my, this thing is hilarious! Cold and full of human nutrition!

Verbena: The...fridge? Dad your new housemate is really weird. Also now the other sink's broken.

Lichen: I pretend I do not see it.

Shashka: Yeah, don't. I love my floor water.


Maricela: Team effort!

Celia: I don't even know how these things work I'm kinda just wrenching it.

Maricela: Just do it the plumbing can't get even more fucked and - Verbena what are you doing?

Verbena: I'm expressing my creativity, God!


Maricela: I might have been too harsh with Bean this morning. Of course she can use her paints.

You also told her to die alone?

Maricela:...I had a point somewhere there. I'm a good person. Ish.


Shashka: Girlll you smell like rotten BUTT. How has this happened again?

Verbena: I wish I could tell you, Shash. I guess the other kids just don't like my personality. Also I will admit, I did hog all the good paints in art class.


Celia got home from her business job.

Celia: Per my last email, which you CLEARLY DIDN'T READ - just gotta let it out.

Jasmine: I am the queen of this castle.


Celia's baby daddy came for a visit. This is Trace. Trace MUNCH. He's a MUNCH. How exactly is he looking like that?

Trace: I dunno. Might have been adopted. They're all very cagey about it.


Jasmine: Heyyy! Feed me but also leave me alone! I can do whatever I want! But I'm starving and only you can help!

Maricela: Jeez I'm exhausted just listening to her. How do you look so happy Lichen?

Lichen: *manic giggling* Heard of fake it til you make it, dear Cela?    


Maricela: ...*sigh* What have we all become?

Lichen: Maricela, put the goddamn baby down or actually do something for her, don't stand there holding her hostage.

Jasmine: I agree! Dammit I agree! Mother you made me agree with him.

Lichen: And I don't need any bullshit from you! Might have to wrestle you from your mother, so make sure you duck!


Jasmine: I hate everything! Verbena's books in particular!


LMAOOOO Eliana.

Anyway Maricela you now have a vampire for a stepfather, congratulations.


Blair got married. This is not the woman he impregnated. Oh well.


Celia: Quill shush, chill out! What's that smell? There must be something in the walls!

Or take a shower woman.


Also LP died. RIP dude, sorry about Pierre predeceasing you. He leaves behind his wife, their two surviving children, and I think a grandkid?


Lichen made a New Year's Eve resolution.

Lichen: I am going to get so many promotions, there's much work to do...but first, let's finish this YouTube video.


Maricela: See? Look at all this food I have here. Doesn't it smell good, Jasmine?

Jasmine:...Yes. Can I have a chip?

Maricela: Wait for it...no. This is how I feel. Every day.

She's still got unfulfilled dreams.


Celia: Lalalala mac 'n' cheese for breakfast...that's a good human meal, right!

Shashka: Sure, whatever. How dare you flex on me in this way.

Sorry Shash. I'll get that bowl filled up.

(Also yes this kitchen is a mess lol)


Lichen: Bean, you should do your homework. My father, dickhead that he is, did one good thing in making me do mine. I managed to fulfil my dreams, invent so many-

Verbena: I look at job boards. Cs get degrees I guess. And careers too.


Celia: Verbena is there a reason you're in-

Verbena: It's my room now. I'm doing homework. Shoo.

Celia:...OK! You really are like your dad, huh.


Maricela: Alright I'm gonna actually give you breakfast.

Jasmine: I don't trust you! *pushes*

Maricela: Your dad is outside working on that stupid rocket. So it's me or nobody, capiche? Who wants some expired yoghurt?


Celia and Verbena are at 'Offensive Conversation'.

Celia: Are you going to babysit for me or not?

Verbena: I dunno, are you going to finally shut the fuck up and let me work?

Celia: I don't know. You're terrible at maths by the way. I learned these sums at three years old! 

Verbena: But you didn't learn how to shut up!

Celia: Not at three! You've seen your sister, right?

Verbena: I try not to.


Verbena: So...our new housemate is interesting.

Maricela: She is one crazy hot piece of alien huh?

Verbena: I didn't see that coming. The alien part, sure. With Dad's job and her everything...

Maricela: Hey we're Sims, we swing both ways mostly.


Shashka is in heat again. The mating didn't work last time.

Shashka: I want a kitten of my own, y'all have them!


OK, here's a Bengal cat.

Maricela: Nah I'm not watching this. Lichen couldn't put you two in a bathroom or something?


Shashka: Yeah that wasn't impressive.

She kind of looks like a bunny here lmao.

Lichen: Look I did all I could, I'm busy here-

Shashka: I mean you kind of half-assed it. One candidate?

Lichen: I mean I had one candidate when finding my wife and me and Cela are totally happy!


Maricela: C'mon, let's play house or something. Mum, Dad and the weird alien he brought home.

Jasmine: Ah yes, Miss Crazy Fine! Verbena told me.

Maricela: Huh. The way they argued I would have thought she'd stop at 'crazy'.


Lichen: You don't wanna witness this, I had a pretty weird burrito today-

Jasmine: Oh don't worry. I've turned around! But the sounds...the sounds of your suffering.

Lichen: You'll suffer too, get out!


Aspen's kid Brendan married a Straud offshoot. That chin makes it look like a proper biological offshoot as well.

Aron is one of Acorn's descendants, either kid or grandkid.


LP's widow moved on pretty fast. Tbf she never seemed like the sentimental sort when Buckthorn visited.


Shashka:...Halp.

Jasmine: See, three's a crowd. Now both of you can scram and let me have my story in peace!

Lichen: But...who'll tell it?


Lichen aged up Quill because Celia was sleeping. And holySHIT he is so cute.

Quill: I wanna find out all the things! Call me inQUILLsitive.

Lichen: Find better jokes then.


Quill: 4am dinner? For me! Uncle Lichen you're the best.

Lichen: Oh no you won't soften my heart kid. I have two daughters already and I'm still stone-cold.

(Yeah right)

But also Quill might be the cutest toddler of the generation? Just look at him.


Verbena: Soooo...I've got a purple foster brother now. Cool.

Quill: What are you, oh strange and yowling creature?

Verbena: Dad called her a 'horny little thing'. Whatever that means.

Quill: Ooooohhhh.


Celia: Hmm. Kinda smells in here. Has anybody seen that baby I birthed by the way?

Verbena: Uh...check the nursery?

Maricela: Or maybe someone could give me some damn help around here for once!

Verbena: I have plans today actually-

Celia: You do not. You don't even have friends!

Verbena: Y'know-


Jasmine: This is cool and all but can I have a bath please?

Lichen: No can do. Bean is still singing in there.

Jasmine: Ugh. Brought my favourite monster toy too.


Maricela's dad died. So she, Bean and Jasmine are pretty sad.


Verbena: Did I ever even get to meet him? This is so unfair.

Lichen: Don't worry, Bean. Granddads are overrated.

Verbena: Easy for you to say! You never even had one!


Verbena: Even in my grief I am helpful.

Lichen: You're just splashing the water onto my trousers. Can't you go draw your sadness out or something? You are my little creative.

Verbena: I've outgrown that thing and I want a real easel. Art strike 'til then!

Lichen: Well you're not tall enough yet. 


We're behind on Jasmine's skills, so Lichen's doing his darnedest to catch her up.

Lichen: Now what are these, Jas-

Jasmine: They're cubes. I saw Bean's homework. Now let me leave, I gotta superhero toy to make a story with.


Shashka's got the zoomies.

Shashka: Wheeeee nobody can catch me!

Verbena: We're not trying to. Where does she get the energy from?

Celia: Jeez you almost sound as old as your mother, Bean.

Maricela: Hey I'm not forty yet!


Lichen later asked the ladies to help him with the rocket.

Maricela:...My dad died. I want to curl up into a ball and mourn all of our youths.

Celia: Not ALL of-

Maricela: Piss off Celia you're not even that young!


There wasn't much left to do so Lichen took his maiden voyage!

Lichen: Lol yeah that was really easy! I didn't even take an alien home.

He did get a cool space rock tho.


I didn't realise it could go IN this bookshelf, that's also kinda cool.

Anyway get back up there Lichen.


Quill:...You don't look like my mother.

Celia: 'Tis called a disguise, silly Quilly. Unfortunately you're a hybrid, so you'll just be the weird purple kid down here. Have fun!

Quill: Wow. Great. You're tactful.


And QUILL you are so CUTE

Quill: I do wish I could bust it down like her tho!

Celia: I call this move the Swoon.


Maricela's twin brother Rusty apparently dealt with his grief by becoming a father again himself. This is his 4th kid, 3rd with his wife here.


This is Acorn's only daughter, Maya. As you might be able to tell from the last names this definitely ain't her husband. Drama.


And Aspen's son Brendan is having a second child.


Lichen:...Bean? Is there a reason you're awake?

Verbena: Because our little purple housemate is really annoying and woke me up-

Lichen: Oh sorry. I'll speak to Celia then-

Verbena:...It was Quill! Celia isn't purple, Dad. Do you need a stronger lenses prescription?

Lichen: Appearances are deceiving, my dear.


All of Lichen's plants bloomed because despite the snow and cold weather it's technically Spring.


Celia:...Ahahaha you're so fuckin' funny, fridge. Now c'mon, spit me out a meal.


Lichen: Cela, I really am sorry about your dad. I've just been...busy. It's a madhouse around here.

Maricela: Too right. Guess you can be sweet when you want.

Lichen: Don't tell anybody.

Jasmine: And get a room!


Lichen: It's Collectibles Day for everybody, right? This isn't just a hazing?

You honestly should have moved past the hazing point.

Lichen: And they should get over themselves and just gimme this shit.


Lichen: Ah, my real work begins. Good to be back, isn't it Robot?

Robot:...Sure.

Lichen: Anyway, I want my SimRay upgraded. Nobody in my house is eating a proper meal and it's driving me nuts. So, they might need persuasion.

Robot: Oddly nondiabolical.

Lichen: Don't jump the gun, I haven't changed a bit!

Robot: Since we first met? You were twenty years old. Surely something should have-

Lichen: I'm the SAME-


Lichen: Hey Crystal wanna watch me transform the molecules of this figurine into-

Crystal: Nope I'd rather walk through glass.

Lichen: You don't mean - OK, guess you do.


Back at home...

Celia: I really hate this radio station and I'm probs gonna smash the dollhouse for it

Maricela: You do you queen

Lichen: I hate y'all sometimes

Maricela: Yeah same.

Celia: Oh you can never stay mad.


Lichen's youngest daughter is doing great.

Jasmine: WOOF, WOOF-

Shashka: Girl come on do I look like one of those mangy mutts?


Verbena is faring slightly better and actually doing her homework.

Verbena: Dad made me. My knees hurt.

We have a table.

Verbena: Fool, you think someone's cleared the dishes?!


Lichen aged up. Sorry I forgot your birthday dude.

Lichen: I wasn't prepared for this.


Verbena: I really thought having a little sister might be, y'know, fun-

Jasmine: :) Am I taller than you right now?

Verbena: It's just perspective! Can someone do the dishes yet?


Shashka: She thinks she can tell me what  to do? No! I'll lick up everybody's old shower water if I damn well want to. F you Maricela-


Maricela: How did I get kicked out of the bathroom by a goddamn cat?


Celia: hell yeah I'm a great earth mother!

Quill: Where's Mr Lichen?


Aspen got married! With hair this guy is pretty cute.


Freesia got REmarried. 

Freesia: I want to outlive this one before we end up getting divorced. I think it's a good plan.


Jasmine: Reeebellion.

I've given up on teaching this one her skills. Same with Quill. Lichen has way too much to do.


Shashka: Guys c'mon this was supposed to be my dinner!

Lichen:...Why tho

Shashka: Because never you mind!

Lichen: Whatever. Come on Bean, work that mop! You can do it.

Verbena: There's a spare one in the-

Lichen: You have the only cleaning implement in this house and you use it well!


Hyacinth's son Max had a kid. With, of course, a girl Lichen knew.


Lichen is reading a romance for work.

Lichen: See this book is so cliched and boring it should reset my brain so I can finally make that breakthrough I need.


Lichen: Who's my good little kitty? You're going to have the nicest coat ever aren't youuuuu-

Shashka: Stop that or I'll gnaw off your kneecaps.


Maricela did get a cake.

Lichen: I KNEW you liked her better-

Maricela: I'm not ready for this either!


Maricela: Oh God I'm hungry. And maybe fat? What is midlife doing to me?

God she's so pretty tho.


Celia: Oh did you need this? Heh heh heh.

Goddammit Celia. Looks like for the kiddy birthdays next time...a new cake will need to be made.

Comments