Drifting for Miles - House 4, Part 4.

 

Welcome back. This is part 4 because I'm an idiot and accidentally wiped Part 3. Verbena grew up and got a sister. Here she is with the cat, which might have been obtained in the missing Part 3.

Verbena: Why are you on my bed?

Shashka: You done crying you little crybaby?

Verbena: Oooh I'm SHASHKA the cat and I think I'm COOL-


Shashka: I am cool. Caught two of my own meals today and climbed on top of the fridge. What have you done?

Verbena: Get off my bed or I'll bite you. Like this.

Shashka: You wouldn't.


Shashka: Leave me be, I'm doing detective work.

Curious cats are my new favourite lmao.


Verbena: I see you're at the desk.

Shashka: What of it?

Verbena: Dad says that if somebody sniffs 'round your computer or tries to get in your forum accounts, you should have 'em bite the wire. Shocks the nosiness out of 'em!


Lichen's such a good father.

Lichen: Hey. Can we not today. You're almost as annoying as my cousin Irene. 

Jasmine:...Huh?


Lichen: So you're done cursing at me now that the labour pains are over and - ow, did you just bite my knuckles?

Maricela: You let your guard down! And you were being an asshole again.

Lichen:...Yeah. Kinda was. You healing up alright then?


Shashka: I've decided I want kittens too. Yours are cute if annoying. I need the challenge. This house is understimulating.

Maricela: Maybe you'll find the vet a little more to your taste.

Lichen:...But Cela, she could have just one and-

Maricela: How are you going to ensure that? I am not going to live under a pile of cat litter and hairballs.

Shashka: So am I getting kittens or not then?

Maricela: We will talk about it, go play with your scratching post or something.


Lichen:...You aren't in uniform.

Celia: Yeah I don't let strange men tell me what to wear-

Lichen: And we shouldn't be letting strange women into this lab. You got your work pass on you?

Celia:...Where can I find that 'laboratory robe', as you humans call it?

Lichen: No...no we don't.


Lichen: There's some...weird people in the lab today, right Devon?

Devon: What, you actually care about this job? Couldn't be me!

Christy: Ohohoho, too right friendo, too right!

Lichen: What? Who are you? Devon, this is what I mean!

Devon: Dude I genuinely can't stand you and I'm trying to get concert tickets, please leave.


Celia: One burger please! Just one!

Lichen: Damn, I am pretty hungry...wait, what was I doing here

Celia: Burger!

Lichen: Right. Yeah. Work pass. And figuring out what the hell is happening today?!


Lichen: I think it's aliens! They've come from Sixam to study us, find us, live among us! What say you, normal human girl Celia?!

Celia:...

Lichen: But they don't want to hurt us. It's sheer curiosity, the type that led me to unethically test serums on my peers and dig for hours in the desert! It makes me a kindred spirit to the aliens, does it not!

Celia:...Haha. Wow. Crazy.


Lichen: I think they've got quite good at blending in. They mimic humans almost perfectly, don't they? The average person would never know the difference. But I'm no average man.

Celia: Of course not. You are a tangfastic - fantastic - scientist, yes? That is what they told - I figured out-


Lichen: Oh drop the act! I know you're one of them! I'd've been impressed if you did a better job at infiltration! All that work and you didn't even get lab coats?! I mean, what is that

Celia:...We had a budget-


Lichen: Honestly I find this all very interesting and think it's hilarious that the protocols here are this lax. Take this Earth token of my friendship, Miss Normal Human Girl.

Celia: Oh that's very kind.


Lichen: Great lab clothes there, random stranger! You look exactly like someone who works here! Would you like to try some earthen tomato soup?

Christy: It is glowing a lot...

Lichen: Oh boy, my Earth tradition really is being rejected, huh. I have to wonder-

Christy:...Fine! I'll take it! Are you shaking the flask or is it just moving like that on its own?


Lichen: So I'm giving out tomato soup-

Celia: Nope. Not falling for that one. Plus it's really important to not ingest strange liquids in my condition.

Lichen: In...your...alien-ness? Is it to do with the disguise?

Celia: No, Lichen. We get pregnant. Just like you humans. You should know this considering the hue of your skin.

Lichen: Yeah, I'm a mermaid. Wait. Are you pregnant?


Celia: Yeah. Messed up on my last mission. Which made it my penultimate. Not really sure what I'm gonna do.

Lichen: Well hold on now...let me think of something.

Celia: O...K?

Lichen: Got it.


Lichen: Right. So. Maricela's going to kill me for this one.

Well, what are you doing?

Lichen:...Don't play coy. It's part of these silly little house goals.


But first...

Verbena: Dad. It's clicked for me. Call me potty-trained cos I'm - oh for real?

Lichen: Who's a good kitty? Is that my favourite little creatu  - ow, why are you chewing at my knee?


Celia: You're sure it's cool if I crash here?

Lichen: Haha yeah suuuure. Like 50% sure. If you see an angry yet unreasonably hot dark-haired lady just send her my way.


AND then this happened.

Lichen: What's your problem I'm just lending Celia my couch!


Verbena grew up also. She's an Art Lover with the Creative aspiration.

Verbena: Consistent. Unlike this outfit. Help please. Also have you seen my dad?

Nobody has dear, he's with the aliens now.

Verbena: Neat.


Shashka: If I can't make kittens, no-one can! Death to this bed!

I hate to break it to you cat, but there's so many options.

Celia: Oh, now you remind me of Sixam's babies. What a lovely house this is...and what do you need to eat again?


Maricela: Oooh I'm Lichen and two days after my wedding I blatantly bring home some random woman, duuuuh-

Celia: That's her?

Lichen: Yeahhh. Cela, this is my platonic friend Celia-

Maricela: No but seriously Lichen what the fuck, why was she sleeping in an armchair?

Verbena: Dance! Dance the dysfunction away.


Celia: Hey! Sorry this is very last minute, I'll be out of your hair just as soon as my baby's father calls me...he's on a work trip without signal-

Maricela: Mhm. Right. I so believe that.

Lichen: Honestly? Sounds unreliable. I may be a jerk but I'll always be there for my Cela and our daughters.

Maricela: You're trying to get into my good books aren't you Lichen, you sod. Bet that man of yours will do the same when he comes back...in 5 years.


Celia: Oh no. I believe in Trace! Humans are usually so nice and trustworthy.

Maricela:...Riiiight. Aren't you such an example, Lichen?

Lichen:...A bit?

Celia: Of course I can simply find one of those...'moat-hell' places to stay if it's needed!

Maricela:...Ah. Fuck it. Fine. Sleep on the spare bed then. Nobody's getting armchair-induced backpain in this house!

Celia: Thank you! I've always wanted to try a human bed! You know in Sixam we have our pods, and-

Lichen: Tell me more.

Maricela: It's one in the morning, how about we all just go the fuck to sleep?


Anyway everybody got some makeovers. 

Verbena:...You know how to make pancakes?

Celia: Baking...Earth cake? In a pan? I've been asked not to due to the...incident, I'll have you know.

Verbena: Tf is going on here on this day.

Verbena is an Art Lover, as is Celia, our new housemate. She also has the Erratic and Clumsy traits. A real winner, perfect for this family. She's also very pregnant.


Verbena: What? I'm practicing my portraiture.

I love this kid already.

Verbena: Now this old whatsits better bring me my presents!


Maricela: Cmon. Let's get down to these sick beats!

Shashka: *sigh* There is a certain rhythm to this...but you make it sound so lame.


Shashka: Kittens! Kittens now please!

Celia: Take it from me lady, you do not want something living inside you. Maybe my superiors had it right. We should all ignore our reproductive organs and just use donors!

*Abductees.

Celia: Same diff.


Celia: Dear wife of Lichen. I mean no disrespect to you or your earthly bond. I'm simply a guest of his-

Maricela: To start with, you can use my name. Second of all, you don't look like you're moving anytime soon with that baby bump. Despite occasional efforts, I'm a good-natured person at heart.

Celia: Oh yes, I can certainly tell that-

Maricela: Flattery isn't making a difference here. Just stay until you sort your life out. Whatever works.


Celia: Don't worry Lichen, I'm definitely going to pay my way! I got a job.

Lichen: Doing what?

Celia: It's at an office. I enter data. Not quite sure what the company does.


I decided Shashka could have one litter. So I put the Cat Hangout trait on the lot and saw who showed up.

This is Fish. He's a Bengal.

Lichen: Wanna go on a blind date? Ooh, maybe I could keep you. 

Fish: Am I getting the food or not-

Lichen: Whoooo wants a treaty-treat-


Shashka: I want my KITTENS.

Lichen: Yes, yes. He's inside waiting. Knock yourself out. Wait, more like knock yourself UP-


Wait why did I put the litterbox in here.

Lichen: Ignore the smell of cat pee, it's a great day to be you, Jasmine! Guess who's getting an early birthday!

It's Winterfest. So everybody's off work and having a celebration. Thought it would be cute to have Jasmine join, so she's being aged up. She only has like 6 hours left anyway.


Jasmine: Eh, I'll take it or leave it.

She's really cute! And Independent, which is a big win.


Jasmine:...Is this supposed to distract me?

Maricela: It's not for you, dear.

Shashka: Give me the fluffy, you're always teasing-

Lichen: You wanna catch it Shas, don't you? Don't youuuu-


Lichen then made a horrible tofurkey dinner. 

Lichen: Yeah that's on me I got distracted by the cat again.

Goddammit.


Maricela: Ah Christ, why now? I really need to pee-

Verbena: Really Mum? Isn't that weird stranger the pregnant one-

Maricela: That's pretty rude Bean...didn't your father tell you to just say it behind their backs?

Lichen: Sorry Jazzy there's nothing for you. We didn't really know if you'd come.

Jasmine: Where else would I go?

Present time!


Celia: Oh wow guys you got me sparkles!

Verbena: Seriously. Straaaange lady.

Lichen: Dammit this doesn't sound like the utranium-romantium hybrid I was after!

Maricela: Where the fuck was I supposed to find that Lichen.


Jasmine: Gotta make your own way and get that gift, nametag or not.

Verbena: That was my name. I will have my revenge.


Lichen: Eh, you win some you lose some, Bean. Think of it this way, at least you get heirship over her!

Verbena: Yay. Living on a random field. Every girl's dream.

Lichen: It certainly wasn't mine. It is what it is.


Maricela: What a great invention this holiday is. My parents just got divorced!

Yep. RIP to Eliana and Ashton as a couple.

Maricela: I mean Dad's definitely not much longer for this world.


Meanwhile Lichen spent some quality time with his daughters before the Grand Meal.

Jasmine: Diaper? I hardly know her.

(I love you kid)

Lichen: It's official, this one's my favourite.

Verbena: I'd be offended but I know you too well.

Lichen: Yes because the cat beats you both if I'm honest.


Verbena: There's no presents left, Mister.

Father Winter: I'm leaving some more for you, my dears.

Maricela: This is the weirdest home invasion ever. What kind of burglar is this altruistic?

Father Winter: I'm not a-

Lichen: That would be you, my good Cela.

Maricela: Don't.


Celia is not happy either.

Celia: 'Oh I'm just here to spread joy and tradition' as IF, I know all about an infiltration mission! You'll never take me alive!

Father Winter: Oh as if I need some alien girl and her brat around! This house ain't worth it anyway!

Celia: Now Lichen and Cela are good people! Shame on you sir!

Father Winter: You believe that about them? I've got a river to sell you then!


Verbena: I didn't get my present today, thanks to my dad and bratty little sister. What are you gonna do about it?

Father Winter: Check the pile, my dear girl.

Verbena: Oh no, I already have. Those presents ain't shit.

Father Winter: Well that was all I was going to do-

Verbena: Unacceptable.

Father Winter:...I don't get paid enough for this.

And then he left.


Celia: You silly little gremlin! How dare you endear yourself to the interloper?

Verbena: But...I just wanted - why are you being so-

Lichen: Mean? C'mon Verbena. She's a house guest but her life is a mess. You can make fun of her back.


Later...

Lichen's aunt Karlee had her second child.


Maricela: Hey so what the FUCK is Lichen breeding in the toilet this time?
    

Verbena:...Is she glowing?

Celia: Yes with the joy of new life! But don't focus on that, focus on how my hips tell the truth.

Verbena: Huh?

Maricela: i.e. they don't lie-

Verbena: Boo. Boooo! None of you are funny! Can I go to school yet?

Celia: Wha-what was the joke?


What are you two doing now.

Maricela: Y'know, you're pretty cool Celia. My husband has good taste in house guests.

Celia: And foxier taste in partners. My child's father is Trace, but dear Lord I would have taken him even if he was a Traci...

Maricela: Ah, I see what you're saying, my dear...also you do know he's never gonna call you, right?

Celia: I'm sure you earthlings have heard of denial.


Later...

Good first day of school, Verbena?

Verbena: What do YOU THINK

I think you fell in some mud.

Verbena: I just wanted to make art...


Verbena: Right. Forum account. Dad says these websites brought him a lot of joy...oh and he's logged in. What's the history like?

...

Verbena: JESUS that is some strong language.


Celia: Hiss! No! I don't want to photocopy your reports, and I don't know how to use that stupid coffeemaker!

She had a great day at work I guess.


...What are you doing.

Celia: Don't judge me, I had to try this thing out!

You literally have a bed.

Celia: I overheard Maricela say I got the 'flat pillow'. I had to see the difference.


Verbena: Mum. Get the cat. She's drilling her head into my back-

Maricela: Ask your father, dear. He promised I'd never have to touch the creature.

Verbena: But she's trying to bite me-

Jasmine: Hey, I don't care! This bed ain't big enough for the three of us, Bean!


Lichen: Hey, wanna go...play with test tubes together?

Maricela: Really Lichen? Right now? I had to go to a gamer's convention and now I smell like it.

Lichen: *sniffs* Yeah, uh, a bit. But no worry. We'll do it in the shower and spray some of Celia's weird perfume.

Maricela: That stuff does smell amazing, y'know.


Celia: Oh shit, sorry guys. I'm aware these things are private on Earth.

Maricela: Well they're supposed to be, but I never mind seeing you!

Lichen:...Weren't you furious two days ago, thinking I was-

Maricela: Past is the past, Lichen. Don't be a killjoy. It was one of your better ideas to welcome this lovely woman into our home.

Celia:...So sweet and all but seriously. I'm gonna piss myself. 


GUYS. Please. I bought so much counter space for you people.

Lichen: Ow, my shoulder-

Maricela: Suck it, I want nachos!

Lichen: And I want to marinate this fish overnight-!

Maricela: God who are you? Your father?

Lichen: That hurts, Cel.


Buckthorn's brother LP is gonna be a granddad via Blair, his younger son. And Hyacinth's son Max and his wife are having another kid.

Oh and Lichen is finally starting work on his rocket.

Lichen: I shall search for the stars!


Celia: Hey so I'm in labour-

Candice: Lmao no I'm too old for this, I do not see it.

Celia:...Eh. Anyway. Let's go void this beast.

Candice: What a weird way to describe-

Celia: Now you care?


The baby landed in the bassinet in Lichen and Maricela's room. But I will move it.

This whiny little purple thing is Quill, after Quill Fruits, found on Sixam. I kind of wanted him to sort of align with the main family naming theme even if he's just a random extra kid. And to really tie it together, he's of course also named for Star-Lord. Yay for space!

Quill: Yay for CHANGE ME

Comments