Sutherland Ascendants - 1.1

(Note all this gameplay is from 2022. The first five chapters have been kicking around in my drafts for a WHILE)


Umbriel:...What do you want me to say? I'm not helping you out here. Go finish one of your other challenges.

...No.

Fine. This is my attempt at the Ascendant Legacy. With the way it's structured you can start as any one of the star signs, which gives you two traits, an aspiration and career suggestions.

There's also house challenges and you start with the first one no matter what sign you pick. House 1 requires some difficult lot traits and the Renaissance Sim aspiration, which she's already been doing. So this is House 1, Gemini. Umbriel has the right traits (Geek, Outgoing).


Umbriel: Well. At least I have a house unlike Great-Grandpa Felix. I'll get on with my journey of learning and all.

Yeah, luckily the rules don't require a full legacy start. So I put down a cheap starter home. It doesn't even have a computer yet.

Umbriel: It WHAT

These are her goals for Gemini.

- Lead a club for your Sim's area of interest
- Complete the Neighbourhood Confidante Aspiration (this comes after Renaissance Sim is done)
- Have an elderly friend move in, take care of them until death.
- Volunteer once a week.


Umbriel: And you've just fucked up my house. I am *this* close to quitting.

Yep, House 1 requires three lot challenges. These are Spooky (random ghosts lol), Gremlins (shit's gonna break) and Reduce+Recycle (trash will pile up even outdoors).

Umbriel: I'm out.


She got her wish (for a bit).

Max Villareal: Track my IP address now, Luna! You'll never stop my cyberbullying!


Umbriel: Hey, dude. Are you the librarian on duty? Some kid just tried to kick over a bookshelf and there's a whole mess down there.

Romeo: Hush I'm trying to get the high score.

Umbriel: Also I need to use that computer.


Romeo: Well hello there, Miss! You can call me your Romeo.

Umbriel: I'll call you a shitty fucking librarian. The nonfiction section isn't even in Dewey order.


Before she got started on her first freelance gig, I had her talk to some people. Being Outgoing she enjoyed it.

Umbriel: Hi there! What brings you to this beautiful old library?

Marcus: My roommates are always hogging our PC-

Umbriel: Right and you're trying to hide your AO3 history, I see you.

Marcus: What, no-

Umbriel: C'mon. My glasses prescription is pitch-perfect.


Umbriel: Oh God, this computer. It works so well and isn't full of my granddads' and siblings' inability to clear their cache files. I could just bring it home. Or buy one. I do have money, right?

Not enough for a good computer.


Romeo: Hey if you wanna invest in crypto-

Umbriel: Were you eavesdropping on me?

Romeo: Maybe? Why are you talking to yourself? I'd sure help a girl like you get less lonely-

Umbriel: I would literally rather die.


Umbriel: Seriously is there anyone worth my time in this town?

Um, yes. I put two of them in specifically for you.

Umbriel: Really? Let's go see 'em then. I'm pretty great.


Umbriel went to go make a virus on her own. This is why I loved her back in Perfect Genetics-land, by the way. She was always going off to do something instead of just standing there, idly chatting or dancing.

Umbriel: Am I crossing a moral line?

Marcus: I dunno what you're doing, but I'm reading a very explicit story in public, so no judgement here

Umbriel: Eh, thanks. Works for me!


Mele: Oh, you are just so beautiful. Were I twenty years younger and unmarried.

Umbriel: Damn is everyone just into me.

You are very pretty.

Umbriel: I'm not complaining.


Mele: Well then, I do have a lovely island home if you're one for the beach.

Umbriel: Who isn't? And...are you trying to wink?

Mele: Maybe, pretty stranger.

Umbriel:...Sorry. I don't mess with married people. Kind of a personal hangup.


Hot damn. Didn't viruses used to give like $30ish?

Umbriel: Maybe I'm just that cool.

Or maybe they changed stuff round, it's been ages since I had a Sim make a virus.


It was pretty late so she went home.

Umbriel: Hmmm, what leftovers am I having for dinn - oh. Shit.

Yeah, for all her skilling awesomeness as a teenager, Umbriel never once touched the stove.

Umbriel: And I don't wanna start on this cheap old setup!


Umbriel: I didn't even USE any of this crap.

It's the gremlins. Or maybe ghostly visitors. Your house is fucked up, remember?

Umbriel: I'm having the worst shower of my life. It's hard to forget.


She wanted to invite someone over so I picked Marcus. And of COURSE-

Marcus: I don't normally hang out with someone at 7.30, but shit that girl is worth skipping my gym sesh for!

So Umbriel is totally irresistible apparently. As she deserves <3


Marcus: Uh, your whole kitchen is broken.

Umbriel: I'm aware. I just spent 2 hours fixing the upstairs bathroom. Apologies for the mess, my house is haunted by gremlins.

Marcus: Um, what?

Umbriel: You heard me.

Marcus: *whispers* Still hot tho.


Umbriel: What were you saying about me then?

Marcus: That you're a force of personality and hella smokin' hot.


Umbriel: OK but my life and house is actually cursed! I'm gonna have to do this crap every MORNING!

Marcus: Heheh pretty.

Umbriel: Are you not listening? I'm being chased around by vengeful creatures determined to ruin me!


Welcome Wagon's here.

Umbriel: Hey, I'm Umbriel. Just moved in. House is a cursed mess right now...um, why's he standing over there?

Mitchell Kalani: Because he's being a prick.

Gunther: I simply don't think you match the aesthetic of this neighbourhood.

Maaike: You could try a bit harder, Mitchell.

Gunther: Ugh, I know. But Ulrike says she 'likes his personality'. Who gets married one day into existence?

Much of the Sim population.


Dion: This house has BAD ENERGY! Why have you called me here, woman?

Umbriel: Jeeez, it's not my fault it's cursed. I'll give you a tip or something, just calm down dude.


Marcus: Eh, well I'm out. It's a weird time for a hookup and now the house is full of people.

Umbriel, inside: I can hear you, idiot, close the front door!

Dion: *grumble grumble* I'm an expert and I'm getting electric shocks? This shit is cursed!


Ulrike and Umbriel had a chat.

Ulrike: -no, it really is nice to have someone around who doesn't dress and act like a snooty professor.

Umbriel: Exactly. You can be smart without all that shit!


Umbriel: How did you two get together then?

Ulrike: Well, he got me pregnant.

Mitchell: Hey it takes two. But we're happy...right?

Ulrike: Hey c'mon. I'm literally the opposite of that. Just look at me.


Umbriel got that inheritance scam call and I knew exactly how to get the $2500. She had money for a very nice computer after that!

...She does still have the cheapest bed, bathroom stuff and kitchen stuff.

Umbriel: No regrets!


After this I had her go introduce herself to some very special Sims that I placed in the world - Oleander and Acacia Straud from this legacy challenge. Same person who made Roxana, the founding spouse for my Drifter challenge.

Oly: Um...hi?

Umbriel: Hey. Figured you were standing outside of your house for some reason, and just wanted to know what it is.

Oly: Ugh. Coding block. Working on this stupid mod and it just won't click!

Umbriel: I feel that.

They're both geeks.


Umbriel: -I just adore the original Galaxy Quest! The worldbuilding, the visuals-

Oly: But that sequel though-

Umbriel: We don't talk about that! Now, who would win in a fight between all the Captains-


I also had her speak to Oly's sister.

Umbriel: Hey! Wanna come outside and talk, it's really dark in-

Acacia: Yes, that's the point. I don't want them to come get me.

(She has the Paranoid trait, but I didn't have the pack so I made her plain ol' Erratic)

Umbriel: Oh shit is this house cursed too?

Acacia: C-c-cursed? Another force trying to ruin me? Say it ain't so!

Umbriel: Never mind just ignore me.


Acacia: I've already had a visit from a vampire. And things got...steamy. It was like a mesmerisation, I just couldn't stop.

Umbriel: Um...were you vampire mind-raped? Because that's definitely-

Acacia: Oh no he was just very hot.

(MCCC did its work so she's having a kid with Caleb Vatore lol)


Umbriel: Is she...OK?

Oly: Eh, she's always been like this. Keeps throwing up purple stuff now too, which is inconvenient.

Umbriel: Is that why my mum only got with one vampire?

Could've been lol.


Umbriel: Eh, never mind. Speaking of, OMG THE REFUGE COMIC BOOKS-

Oly: Squeeeee I know I'll be queueing up for that shit!

Umbriel: I'll join you!


Acacia: Given my discussion with Umbriel, I believe I might be pregnant.

Oly: Well shit.

Umbriel: OK I never actually said that I was more just worried about your paranoia.

Acacia: No but they really are going to get me.


Umbriel: Jeez you have the same tiny TV as me. 

Oly: I know it hurts my soul. Perhaps I should have never left my legacy.

Umbriel: Yeah, I'm fourth-gen. Or I was. 'Tis hard to adjust.


Acacia: You ought to be careful.

Umbriel: Why do you say that?

Acacia: First of all having a vampire baby is gonna suck hard, so don't let that happen to you. Second of all, you've got your house curse and now they have found you, for you came here! Third of all, my brother is a whole slut so don't trust him.

Umbriel: Aww, thanks girl. I can deal with all the curses, and it'll take more than one shitty guy to get me down, if he is so. Half this town is in love with me it seems.

Acacia: Ah, the things you can experience when you go outside.


Umbriel: Anyway. I should go and actually start my next gig. Thanks for the chat and intro.

Oly: You're welcome. Come back round anytime soon. I'd invite you someplace but I am actually scared to leave Acacia alone right now.

Umbriel: Fair enough.


Your 'gig'.

Umbriel: I'm always looking to meet new people after all. Hi, I'm Umbriel and my house is cursed.

Gloria: Why don't you tell me all about that once I get off shift, doll?


Bjorn is flirty too.

Bjorn: Now why haven't I seen you round here before? Surely I'd remember such a pretty face.

Umbriel: Well I just moved to town. But you don't have to remember my face. Please don't do that.


Archer: Oh God I'm so unprepared for this what have I done.

Bjorn: I'll cover your tab if you like, by the way.

Umbriel: Don't do that either. I don't wanna owe you shit.

Clara: Lol nothing to see here.

Right.


Umbriel: I mean maybe this whole thing is a bit ridiculous, you guys surely can't be comfortable-

Right Bear: Oh no she didn't.

Other Bear: *slams paws on table* What the hell did you just say?

Umbriel: I said I really love bears, don't smack me with those things.


It's like 2am I should really take her home.

Alika: I see what my wife meant you are SMOKIN.

This is getting ridiculous.


In the morning...

Umbriel: Just checked my account. I really should get some actual work done.

She has $20 lmao.

*phone rings*


Umbriel:....OK well I could theoretically make money doing this.

It's Geekcon. I couldn't say no to her.


Oly is the one who invited her out.

Umbriel: I'm going to kick your ass and win that prize, Straud.

Oly: Oh, do it. They have a demo of the new Road Rival here, I'm all about that shit!


Umbriel: OMG I love your costume! Let's get a picture!

Gloria: I'd be happy to? Kind of just got it at the store and wore it for a dare-

Blue girl: Psh. Nerd.


Oly: Congrats on your win, Umbriel.

Umbriel: Yeah, thanks. I seriously need the money now. These hotdogs are really overpriced.


Umbriel: This reminds me of home...I will not buy one.


Bella: I don't think dogs are allowed in here, Miss.

Umbriel: I've never seen that creature before in my life.


Finally she went home and started this shit.

Umbriel: Oh my God I have so many unread messages from this client.


WHAT

Bjorn: Surely I'll find something of hers. Seriously...she's just that hot.

Stalker alert Umbriel.

Umbriel, working on her cool laptop: Hang on just let me finish this line of code-


Bjorn why. Are you happy now?

Bjorn: Nah. My texts aren't getting through.


Gremlins came again.

Umbriel:...My life fucking sucks.

Also there's trash outside for you to clean courtesy of Bjorn.

Umbriel: Case in fuckin' point.


Dion: Am I going to spend the rest of my career coming to this cursed-ass house?

Perhaps.

Dion: This bitch is paying me time and a half.


I guess not.

Dion: I'll...haunt her...forever!

Oh my god how. HOW. He is literally the NPC who is supposed to do this crap.


Umbriel: Please! He's a dick but doesn't deserve this! The curse should have been mine to bear...

Grim: Nah, no can do, there's consequences to your actions.


HAHAHA they just sent a new guy.

Repairman: Call me Donte. As in I 'Don'te' want to die repairing shit in this chick's house.

That spelling reminds me of the Langurds lmao.


Umbriel: Can't belivee a dude died so I could watch this crappy TV....I'm gonna repress the hell out of that guilt I tell you.


Umbriel: If he died repairing this thing, now THAT would have been worth it!

Also Marcus called. He got with Kalamainu Iona. I wasn't gonna let that be a thing anyway.

Umbriel: Oh but it woulda been a victory!


Umbriel: What do I do now? Just sit here and try to forget about the literal grave chilling by my outdoor trash?

I guess? Do your gigs.

Umbriel: But I'm bored. I want another friend. You can't coop me up in here!

*phone rings*


Umbriel: So. You're really having that vampire baby huh Acacia?

Acacia: Oh yes, absolutely. Somehow we have a dog too. I think I can hopefully stop the natural hatred between the child and their destined rivals.

Umbriel: Ah...neat. You've been reading too much Twilight then?

Acacia: What We Do In The Shadows, actually. Oly loves that shit.


Umbriel: You're a good little doggo, aren't youuuuu~

Rezy: Ugh. Maybe.

Umbriel: Haven't I seen you round before? At that Geekcon karaoke bar.

Rezy: I don't know what you're talking about.


Oly: Umbriel. Darling.

Umbriel: Heard you like What We Do In The Shadows.

Oly: Yeah it's pretty good.

Umbriel: That's hot.

(I'm not projecting on this dialogue, nope)


Umbriel: And so are you!

Oly: Ahhh I've been waiting to hear that since you randomly turned up outside my house!


Rezy: I'll bite your ankles!

Oly: What did I even do?

Umbriel: I don't know what the deal with that dog is. Your sister has a few screws loose but she's nice.

Rezy: You calling me mean?

Umbriel: Maybe.

Oly: Don't antagonise her when she's this close pls.


Oly: Anyway now that I put her upstairs you're pretty good-lookin' yourself.

Umbriel: Yes. I know. A bunch of people have told me.

Oly: Anything they can do I can do better.

Umbriel: Duh, they weren't an impressive bunch. Except Marcus. Dem muscles.

Oly: You got me there.


Umbriel: Oh my God, guys. I can't keep up the charade. A guy died in my house and it's freaking me the fuck out. I just feel bad!

Acacia: Oh Umbriel, it's not your fault. They get you in the end. They always do. That's another reason for the dog. Protection!

Rezy: *zzzzz*

Oly:...Right. Anyway I wish you'd said something first before-

Umbriel: I still want to flirt with you at some point, just not now, Oly. Gawd.

Acacia: Ew I don't wanna hear about that!


Umbriel: Dude, let your pregnant sister take the bed. Seriously.

Oly: Hey I've been offering to sleep on the couch since we moved in. She refused. Says she doesn't like being 'ungrounded'.


Acacia: Oh yes, yes, it's all true. I'll stay down here until they go away. Until it all ends.

Umbriel: Until WHAT, 'Cacia?

Acacia: You know. It. The curse upon us all. You're gonna get so haunted by that dead guy *giggle*.

Umbriel:...I might head home now.


Acacia: I'll get you one day...trapping me here and all! Is this what you do to a lady?

Yeah Umbriel is already halfway down the street.


The next morning...

Umbriel: Two days in a row? Seriously, curse? This next repairman better not flippin' die.

What are you doing with your hands and that wrench?

Umbriel: It's PHYSICS, you wouldn't understand!

Pretty sure that's not how you - never mind.


Umbriel: I literally hired a guy for this.

Well it's too early to talk to people and your computer is broken.

Umbriel: Well shit! Today really is a dud after all.


Umbriel:...What do they mean just hack into the Origin store? I mean I could but that would kind of collapse my reality!

She's working on freelance clients again.


Acacia: The problem is coming from inside the house! I must warn my dear friend Umbriel.

Bless your heart, Acacia.

Agh she's seriously such a beautiful Sim.


Aaaand look who's coming down the path.

Oly: No way is my sister 'confessing' before me! I didn't even know she liked Umbriel that way.

Um, I don't think...

Oly: What else to think when she basically has an epiphany, shouts Umbriel's name and then runs her pregnant self to the house?


Oly: SO I kind of hid in here because I didn't know what to say to you, and then I realised if it's Acacia you want to explore things with, than I'll step back and be your friend-

Umbriel: Yo dude what? Acacia just came to tell me that apparently the curse is inside our houses. Which, I knew. But she meant well.

Oly: So she didn't...

Umbriel: Noooooo. Not at all. I really think she's got too much on her plate for that!


Umbriel: Hey, now we're sat down and calmer...there is one Straud in this town I'd like to 'explore' with...

Oly: Uh, pretty sure it's not my ancient grandfather-

Umbriel: Um. What? I thought that was a - never mind. Obviously it's you, dummy.


Umbriel: So whaddya say?

Oly: *giggle* Um, I...

Umbriel: Hey look, don't wanna pressure you. If you're not into this...

Oly: I am! I'm just...kinda nervous.


Umbriel: Don't be.


IMMEDIATELY he left.

Umbriel: Fine with me. Work calls, and I'm not desperate.

Oly: Desperate, never. Eager, I think. I'll call ya.

Umbriel: Yes you will if you know what's good for you.


Um...Acacia.

Acacia: Hey it's one letter difference, he'll never know I named him that as an attempt to win his father over.

I later renamed the baby 'Blake'. Same letters, but different goddamn name, ACACIA.


Umbriel: Wow. I have new, unbroken kitchen stuff that doesn't smell like dodgy oil and a San Myshuno dumpster. Maybe the curse is - oh and that's my electronics being broken again, right. Very cool.

Also you got that stuff from working.


Umbriel: Not bad for my first attempt at cooking on a stove ever.

Why does she have to be so perfect?

Umbriel: Don't blame me for who I am.


Bobby: Seriously lady take better care of your appliances!

Umbriel: I'm CURSED OK dude it's not my fault.

Bobby: That's what they all say!

Umbriel:...Is it really?

Bobby: Eeeeh, no. But you're definitely making an excuse.

Comments