Drifting for Miles - House 4, Part 1

 

Lichen: Hey look! There's neighbours this time. Haha I hope the property values go right down this first week because of my squalor.

...Perhaps.

Anyway Lichen got the Lazy trait from his mum (thanks, Candice) and is going to start in the scientist career for now. He also smells but luckily he has enough points for a hygiene potion.

Lichen: Those aren't an efficient use of-

Yeahhhh but you're already smelly and uncomfortable.

Lichen:...Yeah. Wait, the scalerot is a mermaid thing and not a DAD thing?


Buckthorn: Ah, he's having great fun!

Lichen: OW -

Buckthorn you didn't need to check on him so soon.

Buckthorn: Oh no, you see I'm wholly undercover, I could be any member of this family-

Lichen: Go away dad.


Lichen is on his first collectibles run! A classic.

Lichen:...Ugh. If dad had to come and awkwardly watch me fish he could have at least brought some money or something. And not thrown the old family pickaxe at my face.


THIS is new. Sorry Lichen. This is the problem with starting at night.

Lichen: Whatever, it's 2amzzz


Lichen: You still haven't let me go to bed.

You still don't have one, get digging!


Lichen: Well. Solid three hours of shuteye before my first lab shift. This should be fun.


Lichen: This ain't bad! More comfortable than I am on the lot.

Also it's collectibles day so once they spawn you have to go back out there.

Lichen: Honestly, my life is being played as a sick joke. Well, I'll play right back!


Lichen:...Can I stay forever? Even Dad's fancy shower doesn't have these powerjets!


Lichen: Mother please I only just grew up and my life is kind of a shambles. Ask Dad!


WHAT happened here?

I assume maybe Freesia got caught making out with her dead wife?

Fredrick: Hey maybe I could be-

Freesia: But you weren't. I tongued it with Fina's ghost, so there.


SIGH why did it have to be today that the lab tasks sent him outside?

He didn't end up doing that well cos of the low needs, but £344 is £344 at this stage.


Back at home...

Lichen: Do you think anybody saw me piss in there?

There's no cover at all.

Lichen: Well I can't be asked to care.

Attaboy. Now go to bed.


LP's third child and his late son's first child were born.

LP:...Yay.


Lichen: Well! I just got my first-day performance review. Adequate? ADEQUATE? How dare they. I'll show them all by...coming in on time and improving my performance!

There's that Responsibility.

Oh yeah he got Parenthood traits. Responsible and Insensitive.


Today Lichen gets to work inside the building. He can meet his coworkers!

Devon: Oooh that's a good haul...this fast lab Wifi is so good for online shopping.

Lichen:...Pass. Unless I happen to work with a cat?


Devon: Ugh. New kid, right?

Lichen: Yeah, good to know I get to be let in the building and not pass out in the sand!

Devon: Well you should have brought a water bottle, that desert sun is fierce.

Lichen: I was SO hydrated, don't you dare!

Devon:...Fine, dumbass. The Company is sorry.


Hi Knox. 

Knox: Simple jogging or ecoterrorism? You'll never know.


Robot: Hello, tiny minded human.

Lichen: I will tear you off that pathetic crane do not test me!

Robot: I'm only saying what your beloved cats think.

Lichen: How did you know that?


Lichen: The robot's workmanship is shoddy. I'm not pleased with this invention.

It is the most boring one tbh.

Lichen:...I wanted to make a SimRay!


Lichen:...You can never catch me squawking! I am simply too smooth.

Oh you wish.


Lichen: You asked Dad and he said no, right?

Candice:...What, no, I'd never.

Lichen: Do NOT do it, Mother. Seriously. Also just cos I'm a YA does not mean you ask me for life advice. I'm gonna start giving you troll answers, I swear.


...Somehow I'm not surprised.

Buckthorn: I do NOT alway smell like fish! You're the one who apparently wants a new fishy baby!


Lichen: I haven't spoken to another human in three days. I'm starting to...miss them?

Your family?

Lichen: No more like people as a concept.

Well it's never too early to get a spouse over.

Lichen:...I gotta get some dignity back first.


Lichen: As if I could invite a woman and show her this as a future!

I think it might have worked on your mum.

Lichen: That's not good. I don't want to marry my mum! Not only is it Freudian...she's kinda dumb.


Too bad she's here anyway.

Maricela: I'm not judging you for this. I'll judge you if you don't make it better soon.

Lichen: I can work with that. Shall we play a game?

Maricela:...The fuck does that mean??

Lichen: Of chess. A game of chess.


Maricela: -so I've been baking recently, have you heard of a souffle?

Lichen: Yeah, actually. Just cos I live on a field doesn't make me uncultured.

Maricela: You said it not me.

Lichen: Whatever. Did your souffle rise?

Maricela:...Let's change the subject!


Maricela: I've had my birthday actually by the way.

Lichen: I feel like you're sending out some signal I'm not getting.

Maricela: Yes. Yes I am.

She's flirtyyyy.


Remember when I said the match might be in danger if she grows up Good. Well...

Maricela: Look, I hate it just as much as you will but since my birthday I have...strange inclinations.

Lichen: Spent half my childhood talking to a robot and my current goal in life is to make a SimRay. Lay it on me.

Maricela: I've been wanting to...donate to charity-

Lichen: That's fucked, Maricela.

Maricela: I don't know what happened!


Lichen: Come on! The girl I knew would be kicking down trash cans to throw it into charity HQs!

Maricela: Ugh, chill out. It's not like I'm gonna start being altruistic.

Lichen: OK. Neutral. We'll work with neutral.


Lichen: But I'm more than neutral on you, girl. You're cute.

Maricela: Yes, I'm aware. Grandma called me the chosen one.

Lichen: Wasn't it 'cos you're the only girl grandchild my age?

Maricela:...Well yes but that's heteronormative and I don't support it. Rusty hasn't declared allegiance to one team, y'know.


Maricela: Well. I just beat your ass in chess!

Lichen: Well it was a pretty close-

Maricela: Say it.

Lichen: You beat my ass in chess, Maricela.

Maricela: :) Very good.


Lichen: But - wha - I said you won!

Maricela: Yeah well I'm BORED of this BOARD-

Lichen: Is that supposed to be a joke?


Lichen: I have a joke. Blah blah blah I'm Devon and you can't get into that restricted store of chemicals you're NEW-

Maricela: What are you talking about?


Maricela: LMAO bye.

They did become proper friends after this. And she remains flirty even after witnessing Lichen being himself.

Maricela: Squawking and all.

Knew it.

Lichen: Watcher didn't see it? Didn't happen!


Hi Candice. 

Candice:...Y'know I'm pretty glad I waited to move in with Buckthorn.


Lichen: Yep, Dad, totally already better than you....of course all my stuff is in walls.

Candice:...Right. Well, he can feel inferior. He's the one who couldn't tear himself away from the garden to visit.


What is with Sims gossiping about actual babies? She grew up 12 hours ago!

Buckthorn: She's a child. Ew.

Lichen and Bluebell:...Thanks.


Buckthorn: Well. Our son's a liar.

Candice: Dunno how he thought he'd get away with that. But you're late. He's on a collectibles run.

Buckthorn: Ah, I know it well. Family traditions and all.


Lichen:...Is somebody watching me?

Freesia: Your grandma, idiot. Now run to those collectibles, you look way too happy!


After the assorted family members left to their own fully built houses, Lichen took out a book to read for his aspiration.

He really does look happy.

Lichen: I spent the first two days eating sand. This ksinda bliss in comparison.


Aspen got pregnant again. This is her first daughter's father.

Also Maricela's twin brother Rusty knocked a girl up and Lichen's old 'friend' Jamie Charm married Hyacinth's son Max.

Later that night Lichen's aunt Karlee and Candice's stepmum Rosalie had babies also. The good ol' family tree sprawl.


Kendall: What? I'm always on the lookout for an eligible bachelor, and he has cool glasses!

It is midnight and my boi is exhausted please go home.

Also I kinda betrothed him ages ago.


We start the next morning with a rested Lichen sexually assaulting a plant.

Lichen: Hey! How else am I gonna reach this bit of soil?

Go...round?


Lichen: Ah. You've built me a prison cell.

Yes Lichen your house is a WIP.

Lichen: You can hardly call it anything. I won't be confined.


Retirement suits Buckthorn well.

Buckthorn: Hey, I'm only in my 50s I'm not old...and yes, it's so good to have time to fish after all the other bullshit I had to work on in my later days.


Lichen: I need to stretch something else...my fingers! That's what's missing! I've been gardening for two days and I need to tell other gardeners online how WRONG they all are!

No more trolling now, Lichen. Sorry. Maybe when you retire from Drifting.

Lichen: I take it back, make Bluebell drift and I'll move back in with Dad.


Lichen: I didn't bleed or cut myself. Tomatoes are really red ya know.

Candice: Son? Let me in!

Lichen: If you wanna see my camp bed I guess...


AHA!

Lichen: Ugh, fine, ow! It hurts! Now get the vial I need mermaid blood for work!

Candice: Wow, son, You like blood as your salad dressing?

Lichen: I'm not taking this from the woman who hasn't cooked a day n her life! Just get the vial!


Lichen: I'll save this one for someone special...

Maricela, right? Maricela.

Lichen: Duh. I mean it's pretty clear I gotta pick one of them, and she texted me that Rusty just knocked up another woman so...

Maricela it is.

But first, work. I meant to follow him but I accidentally sent him by himself so...oops.


Maricela: What are you scowling at? Am I not a pleasing sight?

Lichen: Ugh those idiots at work are so annoying, and I missed on a promotion!

Maricela: Why is that?

Lichen: Apparently I can't put soy sauce into my boss's morning cereal. Also I can't bring in my own blood in a tupperware? It was just for a personal experiment...


Lichen: She's the one who put restrictions on that robot so I couldn't build my SimRay!

Maricela: Sounds like a problem. You did learn your lesson right?

Lichen: Don't get caught?

Maricela: Attaboy.


Lichen: You're more than a pleasant sight, Maricela. Thanks for coming over, made my day better.


Lichen:...Soooo you gonna keep my number?

Maricela: I've had your number since I was seven years old.

Lichen: Is now a bad time to admit you're saved as 'Nalani's grandkid?'


Lichen: You're much more than that. *blows kiss*

Maricela: Oh you. I almost hate to prove my grandma right but...I see it. I see this happening.


Maricela: It's worth it...

Lichen: God this interaction is cheesy.

Maricela: I know right. Ew.

But they did kiss. By this time it was like 11pm so Maricela headed off and Lichen...


Lichen: Sweet. New bed! Could only be better if a certain someone was joining me in it...

In time.


A widowed Daisy remarried, and one of Aspen's cousins stole her baby daddy lmao.

Aspen: Don't need him, never did.

Freesia, picking up the slack:


...Apparently Maricela's mum got to have a fourth child thanks to Neighbourhood Stories.

Maricela: Get me out of this house!

Conveniently...


Licheb: *cheerfully whistles* It's a big day today!


Lichen: I know you MIGHT not want to hear from me-

Devon: And I know you didn't think that soy sauce was chocolate. I had my cereal an hour ago, just so you know.

Lichen: But I kind of really do need this promotion, so could you please unloc-

Devon: No.

Lichen: I'll test that pile of samples you've been ignoring.

Devon:...Fine.


Crystal: Oh God it's you.

Lichen: Hi! Now, can you just finish these samples cos I 100% lied to Devon so she'd unblock my account-

Crystal: I'm busy-

Lichen: you're on a dating site.


Lichen: Let it be known, your eyeliner is kind of wonky and I don't really like your face, Michael.

Micah: It's Micah.

Lichen: But anyway, we all know it doesn't take an hour to shit, so give me a metal sample.


Back at home...

Lichen: Um. I didn't open my home to be a late night field trip for the local orphanage. Go home, rugrats.


Perfectly acceptable studio-style shack to move your girlfriend into right?


Lichen: I think so. And it's about to get evennnn better!

Seriously thsi garden is pulling in the MONEY already.


Maricela: Is there a REASON I'm here at 7.30am?


Lichen: I just didn't want to wait twelve more hours to see you, my dear.

Maricela: You're lucky you're cute. And somehow got charming?

Lichen: I had some character growth since being a teenager, yes.


Lichen: *squawk* I don't have a living room yet, I'm not being creepy OK-

Maricela: Wouldn't be creepy. And yeah, I figured your place is a work in progress.

Lichen: Wait really? It's all spruced up - wall coverings, flooring, lights-

Maricela:...The stove and secondhand fridge 2 feet from us?

Lichen: That might be it!


Maricela: I don't mind it though. I believe that you and your science brain can make it work.

Lichen: Oh I absolutely promise it will.


Lichen: Would you like to come on that journey with me?

Maricela: We're going on a trip?

Lichen:...No. No I am still way too poor for that. I mean the journey of building this lot up into a real place.

Maricela:...Oh. Sure.

That'll have to wait for next time tho :). There'll prob also be babies.

Comments