The Name Game - 2.16

 

Welcome back. This time Luzija should actually grow up and take over.

Jude: Aw COME ON guys clean your shit - it SMELLS and it's sharp but also squishy, I'm gonna puke or go into an early grave, or BOTH-


Impreza: Gloominess, begone. I know I'm a bad bitch. Not like I need to make out (and more) with people for validation. Not like I cared that much about sealing the deal with the hot vampire guy.


Cybil you're supposed to be writing books.

Cybil: I'd rather shove a pen into my ear, shut up and let me dance my worries away.

Impreza: What worries do you even have?

Luzija: So the sparkle is real, right? Cos I'm still trying to restrain the family trait. I'm not seeing it, right?

Cybil: I'm not seeing anything. I only dance.


Cybil: Well I always thought you'd Bea my companion in exercise, but 'twas not to be. Oh well, back to the grind I suppose-

Bea: *snore* Do it somewhere else you type hella loud


Impreza: So. You into working out? I really like working out.

Brendan: Are you making fun of my body?

Impreza: Nope. Just a simple question. You have a nice face. Well, what I can see of it is pretty good...

Brendan: Stop negging me it's not going to work!

Impreza: I just meant your beard.


Brendan: Told you, missy. Not. Working.

Impreza: Hmph. Well. I've been in need of a challenge.


Impreza: OK. I was tactless earlier and didn't think of the implication of my comment. Honestly, I was fresh off a round of boxing and had it on the mind. It's a hobby.

Brendan: OK, OK, makes sense. And this beard is getting itchy, maybe I could use a shave.

Impreza: There we go. See, I'm not so bad.

Brendan: Heh, yeah, I can definitely tell you work out.


Brendan: Your lips are that of an angel.

Impreza: Mmm. It's my new apple lipgloss. Good, right.

Brendan: Better than that! I don't have the words.


Bea: Uh. Should I go in a different room.


Impreza rolled an embrace wish, which I let her fulfil. She then, well...

Impreza: Hey wanna see something cool in the bathroom?

Brendan: Nope I actually gotta go, was not even looking for the kiss tbh, good as it was.

Seriously. Man legged it before any WooHooing could take place. Which I think is hilarious.


Luzija came home.

Luzija: I will not engage in degeneracy. Instead I shall channel my mana...and I don't just feel like I'm floating, right? I am actually definitely floating?

Yep, girl, don't even worry.


(aaaack unfinished wall ew)

Impreza: So...you're Brenton, right? Not Brendan.

Brenton: Yep, it's a mistake people do make, don't worry.

Impreza: I never do.

Liar.

Impreza: Anyway, that's gonna be confusing, you know-

Brenton: Why exactly?

Impreza:...No reason.


Brenton: Lemme tip my hat to you-

Impreza: -y'know, maybe I should be on antidepressants. Hey, Brenton, wanna pretend to my sister that that shiny glitch isn't really there?

Brenton:...Like, gaslighting? To cheer you up? That's fucked.


Robin: And it's all 'blah blah blah living by the ocean is a pipe dream'. I mean it'll be hard work, yeah, but it's like she doesn't even believe in me.

Luzija: Mums will be mumming. Mine's a mess, you know.

Robin: Don't have to tell me twice, Luzi.

Luzija: You know...this house is by the ocean. Just saying. Hey, is that a gentleman-caller, Preza?


Cybil: So when are you gonna tie that knot, Berwyn?

Berwyn: Hey I'm like six steps closer than you ever were-

Cybil: First of all no need to be hostile. Second of all I was in a long engagement with your father, though we kept putting off marrying each other-

Berwyn: Because he wanted to get with Auntie Thirza, we know. Your life is sad.

Cybil: Well yours doesn't have to be. Lock your man down!


The next morning...

Tosca: Wait...how old am I if Cybil's getting old now?! I mean I know half my other children are old but I never see those ones!


Azure became a grandma, yay.


Jude: Impreza. Please. Don't be an a-hole and use the kitchen sink, I was about to go in this bathroom.

Impreza: Speaking of being in things-

Jude: Don't want to hear about your sex life-

Impreza: I was about to say you're in the drywall. And I'm in a dry spell, now you make me think of it.

Jude:...Just go eat your breakfast.

Impreza: *sniff* You're disappointed in me, aren't you?


Cybil: Hey. You look down. Wanna talk about your emotions TM?

Impreza: See, I've been considering the everything about my life, and-

Cybil: Honey, I was about to say there's a hotline for that.


Impreza: Awww you're just the same as therapy.

Jude: Sure. That's how it works.

Bea: But Preza I don't want to carry all this weight.

Impreza: I'm not gonna ride you, silly! And even if I was I'm pretty light-

Bea:...Never mind.


Luzija always smiles just a bit too wide.

Luzija: Oh leave off I'm still working on Normal Smile 2.0. System update coming soon.


Cybil: Hey Mum what's u-

Tosca: Your father just blew me off to clean toilets.

Cybil: Huh. Sounds like it sucks-

Tosca: I mean he polishes those things three times a day in his old age, and we're definitely not getting younger, I just want quality time with the man I love-

Cybil: Yeah I was just being polite.


Impreza: So. You ready to do this, big man? No implications meant.

Brendan: Cool, just don't say that again it was cringy.

Impreza: Fair enough. Wanna go see that thing in the bathroom then?

Brendan: I mean surely the more comfortable thing is-

Impreza: Definitely NOT a single bed, now follow me.


Berwyn: So. It turns out Elvis is actually asking about a wedding date. However, I simply can't risk making my mother *shudder* RIGHT about something. I bet Luzija knows what to do, is she here?

She's a teenager, and at school cos it's 11am.

Berwyn: Huh. I came all this way for nothing and I don't even care...I need to get more gigs.


Impreza: Soooo...do you like...stuff?

Yasmin: That's a very broad question, m'dear.

Impreza: Sorry. I'm trying this thing where I find out things about those I find attractive. Like know them as people and stuff.

Yasmin: Oh fuck that shit girl, I'm pretty go-with-the-flow. Noncommittal-traited and proud of it.

Impreza: Oh thank God, changing your behaviour is really hard actually.


...Jude were you working out again.

Jude: Hey come on now I still got it.

At this point you have a very weak heart, please don't push it.


Tosca: Show some respect and get your feet out of my personal bubble, girl-

Berwyn: But...you wanted to use Luzija's chair, that means-

Tosca: As if I'd touch your feet. Surely I should be the one getting a massage. I'm OLD.

Berwyn: It occurred to me, but like...why bring it up, ya know?


Chesmu: Whassup fuckers.

Who invited you?

Chesmu: I invited myself, I did live here many moons ago.

Impreza: Can you use the computers inside please, I'm kind of doing a thing.

Yasmin: Hi, I'm gonna change my name to 'thing'.

Chesmu: I think I'll stay and chaperone.

Impreza: I'm twenty-three-


Impreza: Heh...was that a bad kiss? You look mad. Why are you-

Yasmin: Oh no Preza, you're fine. Your weird brother, however, is right behind me.

Impreza: Oh yeah, I see it now.

Chesmu: See what? Look, I'm closing my eyes, I'm not even here-


Impreza: Oh don't you dare sit down.

Chesmu: What? Mum did the same to me and Sloane. I'm passing on family traditions, sister.

Yasmin: Y'all are really weird, did you know that.

Impreza: Um, yes. I'm sorry about him.


Luzija: Ew she just peed everywhere right by my feet-

Chesmu: Well dogs do that, Lu-

Luzija: Shut up you prick. I'm in sandals. I 'm gonna DIE-

Chesmu: Yeah, that is a shame. Wanna go use our shared erratic trait to annoy Impreza:?


Luzija: You are what you eat.

Bea: Shut up there's totally treats in there, Miss Cybil is always honest-

Luzija: Riiiight.

Impreza, Yasmin: *slurp*


Tosca: Yes, Adrian. It'll help you cement your own existence.


Bea: This is the best day of my life.

Siiiigh this dog.


Luzija: Wow Mum I'm...happy.

Cybil: Yeah it's a jungle curse. Y'know, a trap and all.

Luzija...How is joyfulness a trap again?

Cybil: Well you see, if you're too happy in the jungle you'll be off your guard. Why, I almost had my eye pecked out by a very angry flock of birds-

Luzija: Cool story-

Cybil: Sometimes I think I should have let it happen. Coulda had an eyepatch and all.


Cybil: Welp. Here it is. My final birthday cake.

Jude: That's nice dear, but you can't blow out the candles from that high, you'll have to move it.

Cybil:...I mean I just thought you'd-

Jude: Yeah I'll come celebrate once I'm done with this cobbler. Your mother too if she can find her vuvuzela.


Impreza: Come on who puts the empty milk carton back?

Cybil: OK, time for old age-

Impreza: Wait shit that was me. Something happening over there, Mum?


Luzija: Ah yes. I must stay focused and determined, hone my mind into - aw crap is that a vuvuzela? What are they doing now?!

Luzija honestly spends most of her time chilling alone. She's harder to screen shot because of it.

Luzija: Suits me. The best leader gets things done behind the scenes, right? Like all your pictures here are of Impreza but what does she actually do?


Luzija: FUCK I got really distracted monologuing to you, Watcher!

Sorry. I'll go to your mother now.


Cybil: SONNUVA-


One makeover later...

Impreza: Wow Mum. Looking real good. Y'know, unironed and all.

Cybil: I know, I still look fantastic and I don't need your sass.

Impreza: At least I showed up.


Berwyn: So that was a pretty big fall-

Luzija:I don't know what you're talking about.

Berwyn: Aw come on you don't have to be too proud, especially in front of me-

Luzija: No I seriously don't know what you're on about. Can't remember anything really.

Berwyn: Maybe you need some medical attention.


Impreza: Surely that thing's not good for your neck, grandma.

Tosca: Well the warranty on my body's almost up, so to say-

Imprea: Oh great! Death! That'll help my sometimes-all-consuming sadness.


Luzija: Childish? Me? No! I'm acting out some very plausible and realistic adult scenarios. These two are discussing the tax on their property. Multi-storey, lots of rooms - it might be a burden. Ah, problems of the landed gentry and all.


About 4am...

Cybil: W OOO llama blessing

She's such a cute old lady.

Cute: Cute? Cute? Take that back I am terrifying. these hands are for clapping, choking and THROWING.


Impreza: Woooow that was hard work! How does Grandpa's old back handle all the cleaning, cos my young strong one doesn't.

Jude, shouting from somewhere: Mine handles it even worse you spoiled br-

Impreza: Anywayyyy time to work out!


Luizja: Who's a good doggy-dog?

Bea: Um, me? Do I smell bacon?

Luzija: Yeah but that's mine, you can have some of the dog treats we get from the discount store.

Bea: This is a betrayal.


I then redid the house in anticipation for Gen 3. This included adding a new room, more balcony/deck space and fucking with the layout overall.

It still honestly does not look very good but I'm a crap builder and..kinda like the hodgepodge? IDK.


Bea:...Sooo are we actually going somewhere or-

Impreza: *sniff* Just shut up and let me feel feelings OK?!


Cybil: Wait, you actually had FUN with your uncle? I only suggested you hang out with him as a prank on both of you.

Chesmu: Well we're actually becoming friends.

Cybil: Dammit nothing ever goes my way *slams phone down*


Impreza: OK...I don't actually want anything.

Todd the vendor: Then step away, love, I got lotsa selling to do. Fish tacos, come get your fish tacos here-

Impreza: Damn I'm too sad to even make a sex joke about that.


Berwyn: WOO LLAMA CLAP.

Tosca: Sheesh, that joy blessing Cybil picked up from the jungle's like herpes. Never goes away.

Berwyn:...Aaand you ruined it.

Tosca: Well I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, I still have the Cheerful trait-

Berwyn: But herpes is bad, Grandma.


Todd:...You're really not gonna clean up after your dog.

Impreza: Can't, I'm too pretty.

Todd: And I'm handling food.

Impreza: Looks like we're at an impasse.

Todd: We're really not. This is in no way my job.


Luzija: Oh my GAWD I am quite perturbed by today.

Luzija's having a mood swing.

Luzija: The rage is building inside me but I'd rather it didn't show on my face! Which is making me madder, GAH-


Luzija used Cold shower. It wasn't very effective.

Luizija: YOU, you're plotting against me! That fuckin' hurt my elbow and-! How dare you?


When she calmed down she had Robin over.

Luzija: Or not. Where are you going dude, I was trying so hard to be normal-

Robin: Eh, your sister just came in with a stranger-

Luzija: Oh I'll follow you then.

Robin: That was the plan, yes.


Todd: Might I get fired for skiving? Yes. Was it worth it? Also yes. Looks like I got you pretty weak-kneed there Imp-

Impreza: Not on your life. I work out a lot. Including this morning. Intensely


Robin: Look Luzija, you don't always have to repress yourself. Your family's pretty crazy, yeah, but that's not all on you. You're cool no matter what.

Luzija: You mean that.

Robin: Of course. Why else?

Being Good, I imagine him to kinda out-Jude Jude, which isn't a bad thing.

Robin:...Anyway how old did you say you were?

Luzija: Seventeen! But don't worry, my mum got with her first boyfriend and father of three of my siblings when she was fifteen and- uh, yeah that's a bad example.

Robin: Well I'm glad I checked, don't wanna be skeevy.


Luzija: Well, I understand why you'd go. Says good things about your character. My birthday's in a day and a half tho. No pressure or reason ;)

Robin: I'll remember that. No reason either. G'night, Lu.


Tosca: Ha! Even Preza's catch of the day got it! I'm totally emailing Berwyn, it's so like herpes-

Todd: She has what?

Luzija: Don't wanna know.


Yay, Berwyn and Elvis finally got married. Now have kids already. I wanna see how those chins mix.


Impreza: -I swear, seriously! I'm clean.

Todd: OK, just cos that old lady said something about herpes-

Impreza: I'm gonna kill my mother. Or grandma. Maybe both of 'em?


The next morning...

Luzija: My reign draws closer. Oh, how ready I am. Can I convince Robin I said 'half a day' and not 'day and a half'.

No.

Luzija: Curse his honour. I mean, it's what I like about him, he'll definitely make mine a successful lineage, but CURSE IT-


Tosca: Right. So you take over tomorrow. First things first, six kids is way too many especially when you take after this family, what with our trait and all-

Luzija: I am nothing like you, Grandma.

Tosca: That's very optimistic, sweetie-

Luzija: Aren't you cheerful?

Tosca: But realistic too.

Luzija: Whatever, I'm gonna go play dolls...I mean do...taxes...


Jude: Say, Tos - hey, Lu. Lovely to see you but it sure is weird you're in the bathroom.

Luzija: Granny's eating in here, Granddad, come on-

Jude: True, true.

Tosca: Saddown Jude, I'm eating, but maybe when I'm done eating-

Luzija: Ew. OK. I'll leave.


Bea: Dude. Why are you still here. You've outlived your purpose.

Todd: Well, the food stand company fired me so I thought I'd try my hand at my one true passion. Music.

Bea: Well don't!


Impreza: -yeah, whatever Mum, that Todd guy is kind of a turd and I shoulda known from the name, but that doesn't make YOU-

Cybil: Yeah. You still have better taste in men than me. Y'know, maybe if you'd had a father-

Impreza: Mother. Shall we not? You're not a therapist. You normally make things worse.


Luzija: So. Finally married, huh? Honestly thought you two would chicken out.

Berwyn: Well, its's called-

Luzija: Losing yourself in wedding planning and almost hating each other until you just decide to elope?

Berwyn: Fine, you got me. Don't look so peeved, you can be the second Sutherland sister of this branch to marry.

Lzuija: I mean Preza might - can't even finish that sentence.


Impreza: so, you still play with dollies, huh? Thought hiding it round this side of the remodel would stop you.

Luzija: Nothing could. In fact, I can act as if I'm doing yoga here. Only people who follow me like a weirdo shall know-

Impreza: Follow you to a public area of the house we both live in.

Luzija: Oh whatever.


Cybil: Dad! We never chat anymore.

Jude: Maybe because I had to spend half my retirement years doing the grunt-work for you in a horrible jungle.

Cybil: Can't be that. Besides, you helped me out of the kindness of your heart and I'm always nice to you, right?

Jude: You kicked me in the shin when I wouldn't give over the rocking chair.

Cybil: It's only fair, it's my turn!


Luzi still practices her yoga.

Luzija: Maybe I should put the toys in here. It'll be a total me-room. And now...I'm a bird of prey motherfucker.


But not for long...

Luzija: What a great idea this was Berwyn. I think I know where you got it from-

Berwyn: I don't know what you're talking about.

Robin:...C'mon Lu. I'm trying to do the right thing here.


Berwyn: C'mon am I the only one who dresses properly for things like this.

Robin: Hey c'mon now! Luzi looks plenty good in whatever clothes.

Luzija: Hmmm now that's what I like to hear.


Meanwhile Impreza is having some very stupid drama over here.

Impreza: How dare you.

Brandan: C'mon Preza it was just a fling and I'm married, we both know you're screwin' around-

Todd: Stupid bitch better not ruin this new job I got.

Impreza: It doesn't matter. I need to be worshipped to fill the void and you ruined that, don't you get that?


Berwyn: Sis what are you waiting for, go get him!

Luzija: Well...Robin really is a good guy. And a mature decision would just be to respect his wishes and not initiate anything more than flirting before I'm graduated. That's how I want to start my generation.

Berwyn: Damn. That's deep. But I bet he gets married, or knocks someone up, or both, in tonight's MCCC. Just you wait.

Luzija: Well then it wasn't meant to be, was it?

Berwyn:...Idiot.


What is this, a competition to see who has the quickest heart attack?

Cybil: It's Dad who'll drop first, he's 95 and I'm a spry 65-

Jude: Yet I completed the bodybuilder aspiration AND I did all of that aforementioned jungle bullshit-


The only thing relevant to the family that happened during the MCCC cycle was Azure's eldest daughter getting married. This isn't her baby daddy but so what.


Jude:...Why are you looking at me like that?

Bea: I can smell it. The microscopic leftovers. Gimme.

Jude: Well I'm done so-

Bea: The plate! Let me lick the plate!

Jude:...No, or I'll never eat off i t again. You know my nature!


Bea;...I'm cold. From a lack of nutrition. That's definitely it.


Luzija: So. You've been here all night, huh?

Cybil: Why yes, please appeal to the Watcher and let me stop writing-

Luzija: Write away, I don't care. Just take a shower, you smell like workout and it's gross.


Cybil's DIL Sloane is at the vet.

Cybil: Well, nice to see you! When did you get a pet?

Sloane: I love Chesmu but the whole 'lizard-girl' shtick from him was getting old. So I decided to get us a pet.

Cybil:...Right?

Sloane: Unfortunately actual pet lizards don't exist in this world. So we compromised on a cat with freaky yellow eyes.

Cybil: How's your mother? Has Thirza called?

Sloane: Oh we are not starting with this.


Cybil: -of course I want the best treatment money can buy. Save my lil angel.

Rangi: Of course. The blue colour will fade and she'll stop shivering.

Cybil: She'll also stop smelling, right-

Rangi: NO, you guys need to bathe her dammit.


This was Luzi's birthday.

Jude: Hell yeah go Luzija-

Luzija: Oh wahtever I can finally start my family!


Luzija got the squeamish trait. Works great for the woman who will likely be primary caregiver of six kids. Of course Robin will help but Luzija's primary aspiration is family while I'll likely put him on careers and skills.

Luzija: Well. I've overcome - NEARLY - my other screwy traits, I bet I'll do great with poo. I'm ready for this.

Good to hear it. Next time, it's finally 3.1 time!

Comments