Sutherlands Get Random - 4.10

 

We will start this chapter with Gimlet meeting with his spellcasters' club. He should have been doing this as a child according to the rules but considering he only just became a spellcaster...this is fine imo.

Gimlet: You're a spineless pale pathetic lot, and you haven't got a clue-

Mathew: Well here I thought we'd have a nice time here!

Jaleesa: Oh he's harmless. Mf is spouting Mulan lyrics.

Ricardo: Boi I'm just glad he didn't make fun of my greying bowlcut.

Gimlet: Maybe I will next time.


Gimlet: Jaleesa! It's good to see you in particular!

Jaleesa:...Do we even know each other?

Gimlet: Well we're sure to now. There's a little voice in my head telling me this is a good idea.

Mathew: There's one in my head telling me to go home. Shall we move on, twin?

Jaleesa: Don't be a killjoy Mat, what's a club meeting without a whacko or two?


Looks like Sprite's club still meets up. How cute!

Gimlet: Wow Auntie that's no way to get into it, yuh.

Sprite: I wanted to go to a San Myshuno wine club not this hick bar.

Jaleesa: Looks like someone's losing her power.

Ashlee: The boy is right! Dance with passion, darling!


Gimlet:...And these are the haircuts you could have had if your parents loved you.

Ricardo: Gee, thanks Gimlet.

Gimlet: You're welcome! I'll show you salon addresses next!


Gimlet: The stars are like a gate into a new world, even further beyond the spellcasters' realm, and more awesome. It is so good to watch them.

Ricardo:...Yeah, sure. But we could read some-

Gimlet: Let's just watch the stars, Ricardo. You are my favourite after all.

Ricardo: I...I am?


It was late and Gim got tired so I switched back to the main house.

Vermouth: Can a boy not read his mother's manuscripts to ensure they always stay best friends?

...You COULD but maybe you shouldn't.


The other kid isn't doing much better.

Kezia: Did you really just pick up that random half-eaten sandwich and chomp down on it?

Kahlua: You betcha, Granny Kez.

Kezia: Ew. No. I'm technically way more generations back. More to the point I saw the cat lick that bread.

Kahlua: Eh, what's the point in caring.

Kezia: I'm literally a slob. That's still gross as fuck.


Carl: What's up with you cat?

Tommy: Oh piss off I want Sangria.

Carl: No can do. I know she's soft on you-

Tommy: Wait hold on. That's hilarious. You think you're the bad cop?

Carl: Sure I am. I'm crazyyyy-

Feline's right, Carl.


In the morning San bound a Book of Life-

Sangria: Which you didn't even show me writing-

-to Gimlet.

Sangria: Not only is he the heir to this thing, he's 100% the kid who's most likely to die. Maybe I should write one for Carl, he does all those crazy experiments. And Kahlua likes pissing people off on purpose-

Well yeah.

Sangria: I have a lot of work to do.


Carl's doing pretty normal Carl stuff.

Carl: So I've stacked up all the parts and it looks like a tiny robot...OK fake robot tell me what to do.


Kahlua: Ugh, how bullshit that we slave away in the kitchen while our parents do random crap and Gimlet gets to be a wizard.

Vermouth: I dunno Lua :). Doing dishes is cleansing for the soul.

Kahlua: Oh go and be wholesome somewhere else.

Vermouth: I can't. Cos dishes.


Gimlet: Oh good. Someone's making breakfast for me.

Kahlua: That's what you think *spits*

Gimlet:...Or I'll just check the fridge.


Vermouth: Do you think we'll ever get to go on a plane?

Gimlet: Fuck a plane. I'll be crossing the world on a broomstick.

Kahlua: Cute that you think we'll do anything except die in the ground.

Gimlet: You can die in planes too. Go look that up Vermouth, maybe you'd be less happy.


Vermouth: Please. I'm not happy! It's called a facade.


Gimlet: Whatever. Did something actually die in here or is that just your hopes and dreams?

Kahlua: Dirty ghostly sink water and skunk-infested Tommy. As always.

Gimlet: If you wanna move out, just move out. I could use my own room.

Vermouth: C'mon I'm a great roommate.


Kahlua:...I'm calling sexism.

Gimlet: Well you've got the right hair, Kahlu-rella.

Vermouth: Who's her prince gonna be then?

Gimlet: Definitely not BOBBY!

Kahlua:...Too far.


Gimlet: Hey look I'm gonna do something really cool and-

Kahlua: Up yours.

Gimlet: Gasp! Consequences for my words? Who could have seen this coming, tiny sparkles?


Gimlet: If a boy discovers Zipzap but nobody's there to see it, did it happen at all?

...Yes. Yes you discovered a whole SECOND spell. Stop getting philosophical and practice MORE.


Knox: -aeroplanes are actually a tool of the climate-destroying bourgeoisie, and you should quash your interest in them immediately so. Now let me recommend you some blogs-

Vermouth: I know about the climate I've read textbooks.

Knox: Psh the system doesn't tell you the real shit.


Carl:...I'm not here. Robotics who?

Get to WORK you have skills to build and an exo suit to create.

Carl: Well damn if you told me that's what I was doing I would have got way more mechanisms done! Ugh, silly Watchers.


Sangria: Um, why is a shirtless radical talking to my son in the street?

Knox: Lady your kid approached me-

Vermouth: Yeah it's cool. Mr Knox, this is my Mum.

Knox: Wow, couldn't have figured that out.

Vermouth: She's my official best friend!

Sangria: What did we talk about, Vermouth?

Vermouth: I should stop saying that to everyone!


Gimlet: My God! Repairio? Really? That's what you're gonna brag a bout on your Spellstagram? Other spellcasters are so lame. I bet he doesn't even make proper sparkles.


Carl: Mentally, I'm on the beach.

Surely you should put a shirt on.

Carl: Eh. What's a few burn marks to the torso?


Vermouth: So do you like writing? My mum's a writer.

Knox: I only write radical columns under a pen-name. I also regularly protest the Willow Creek publishing house for its support of deforestation practices. Y'know, we really do need to talk about the environment-

Sangria:...Let's go home, I need to wash my cat.


Sangria:...Carl for the last time we wear shirts while on the engineering table. Also your trunks are covered in motor oil.

Carl: All part of the plan, dear.

Sangria: What plan, to work my last nerve?

Carl: Ladies love a tradesman.

Sangria:....This is doing something to me.


Knox: Right OK this house is so environmentally inefficient.

Gimlet: Heyyyy look it's half a nudist.

Vermouth: Me and Mum made a friend today.

Elisa: Oh did you now? You're a regular little chatterbox. Also I hate flirting.

Knox: Why would you say that to the kid tho.

Jaleesa: Um, your house attracts really weird people Gim.

Gimlet: Why do you think you got an invite?

Elisa: Oh snap.


Ricardo is here also.

Ricardo: *sniff sniff* I wanted to be alone here actually!

Kahlua: Unfortunately Grandma taught me how to sniff out human misery. So here I am. Also this is my mum's room dude. You really shouldn't be in here.


Gimlet: I'm so mad I could just punch a UNICORN!

Jaleesa: Nah those definitely aren't real.

Gimelt: What do you know about real? The magic energy in my brain wants to punch a unicorn and so I'm DOING IT.

Jaleesa:...Are you OK?

No, girl. He is not. It's also not on you it's that damn erratic trait.


Kahlua: Oooh still feeling down? I can sense your tears, little man.

Ricardo: She's a monster. What spell even is that?

Gimlet: No. Nonono. This is no spell, Ricardo. 'Tis is who she is as a PERSON. She will find your misery.

Kahlua: Why thank you, brother!


Gimlet: I literally learned scruberoo to avoid this crap.

Well I'm reserving that for real grimy messes, you're already charged up.

Gimlet:...I'm gonna beat the shit out of that unicorn again.

Blueni, in the nursery: Please, no-

Gimlet: Hey who's callin' me?


Gimlet: And so, we meet again Ricky.

Ricardo: Stop it and don't call me that. I'm not here for you anyway, I'm busy.

Gimlet: I can see. Ooh, is it a drug deal? Can I join?

Gimlet PLEASE just go to your duel.

Gimlet: Ah, he means to fight me.

Voice: No...I do.


It's Mack. Mack is the voice.

Gimlet: Oh, it's the dealer. Cool.

Dalton: I'm not a bloody drug dealer and I don't even know that bowl-cut kid.

Gimlet: Then why do you dress like one?

Dalton: Do you WANT to duel me because you're heading that-

Mack: Nah. He has an appointment. With me.

Gimlet: You're on lizard boy.


Gimlet: Get fucked!

Mack: *cough* I can do this all day!

Gimlet: Oh and he fights on! Watch me win, bois.

Rcardo: Ooh, is that the sky.

Dalton: Fuck off dude.


Mack: OK Gimlet I underestimated you please DON'T!

Gimlet: Being bad never felt so good. Wait. I lie. It's ALWAYS felt good!


Sangria: Gosh this beat is...sick! It's FUNKY!

Vermouth: Mum please even I can't defend that lameness.


Tommy: What? I'm guarding the boy. I must if he insists sleeping outside.

And?

Tommy: The bush too, yes. Fuck them squirrels.


Bellini's middle child and eldest daughter got pregnant.


I think Tommy does love our Gen 5 boys.

Tommy: As if. They really just do need the help.

Gimlet: *almost magically sets bedsheets on fire*

Vermouth: *tucks himself in too tight*


Gimlet: Maybe I should know Scruberoo. These hands are delicate.

Vermouth: Oh boy I do wish I could eat something other than air. I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me-

Gimlet: I don't know Delicioso yet.

Vermouth:...But you can cook.

Gimlet: But I won't.


Sangria: So...Delicioso? Scruberoo? Does this mean you'll finally do some chores?!

Gimlet: Now you're enthuse about my wizarding path, huh.

Sangria: I am practical, darling.

Gimlet: That's overrated.

Sangria please wear clothes. Jeez.

Gimlet: Yeah, especially cos your best friend Vermy is in this kitchen. Freudian much?


Prosecco: Well well well, I finally make an appearance...

Sangria: Don't break the fourth wall.

Prosecco:...an appearance in your life, Auntie San.

Sangria: Yeah, I've been busy.

Prosecco: And all your kids turned out to disappoint?


Carl: Um, hello, I kind of need to use the computers for-

Sangria: Don't interrupt me Carl I'm trying to make this young man confide in me.

Prosecco:...I don't want to talk about my 'weird marriage' with you, San.


Sangira:...just saying that, your sister has a baby on the way. You might have one if you hadn't married an old lady-

Prosecco: Maybe I don't want one. Maybe I'm happy with Nylah, Auntie San.

Sangria: I'm just SAYING.


Tommy:....Come play with me.


Gimlet:...Is there a reason we're at an abandoned nightclub and we couldn't just go to my house?

Jaleesa: Not really, I just think this place is kind of cool-

Gimlet: Because I do have homework, which is uncool but if I don't do it Mum won't let me skive off school to go to the Magic Realm-

Jaleesa:...Right, you're still a kid.

Gimlet: Not a KID-


Gimlet: Never call me a kid again, I just kicked your ass!

Jaleesa: God, alright! Weren't we doing a friendly duel for ingredients.

Gimlet: YES! I'm being friendly. Now gimme those cherries they look nice!


Gimlet: Heyyyy girl calm down. Not your fault you're terrible at magic.

Jaleesa: Jesus Christ Gimlet you are actually so fucking annoying-!

Gimlet: Oh yeah. I've been told.

Jaleesa: Shouldn't you LEARN something then?

Gimlet: I'm immune to that bb.


Gimlet: Oh, my two favourite people!

Ricardo: Wish I could say the same about you, Gim.

Jaleesa: I don't.


Gimlet: Aw, you're back. Can't stay mad at me.

Jaleesa: My emotional investment in you isn't enough for me to get properly mad. Also, sorry for yelling at you.

Gimlet: Oh, don't be! Given my erratic nature, I'll probably yell at you at some point. We can just square that off.

Jaleesa:...Great.


Gimlet: -but I'm hungryyyy

Sangria: Too bad. Finish your homework and then you can eat. You know when I was your age, if I'd gone off to a club for four hours on a school night I would have-

Gimlet: oh please! Grandma would NOT have noticed!


Sangria what are we painting there?

Sangria: It was supposed to be my Auntie Gin-Fizz, then I thought I could do a rough version of the Mona Lisa and now I don't even know.


Lux:...Honestly what have these people done with my legacy?

Eh it's fine.

Lux: Really? Who the hell is haunting in place of my real daughter then?


Tommy just stood at the desks and thought about this rainbowfish all night.

Tommy: I want to taste the rainbow.


And then the ghosts made cake again. Idk why this keeps happening, it's only this file.

Pepsi: -I'm telling you, I am genetically identical to Cola. She cloned me.

Lux: Psh. I'm still calling aliens. This is just a really good disguise.

Pepsi: You'll believe in aliens but not clones?

Lux: I'm literally blue. I've sen aliens. Never heard of this 'cloning' process you - or Cola - claim to have invented.


Carl:...I think my feet broke my pyjamas.

Sangira: Eh. No matter. We're both sexy beasts. Walk around like that, it'll please me.

Carl: I mean there's some middle-aged spread going on-

Sangria: Sexy is a state of mind, darling.

She is actually self-assured. Sometimes I forget. Maybe because she spends half her time cajoling her idiots.


Meanwhile...

Gimlet: UM. Nope! How in the fuck do I smell THIS bad?

Lol he's so shook.


Carl: Ooh, a ghost cake-

Lux: Hmph. Ectoplasm flavoured for you, male-

Carl:...Aw.

Vermouth: Can't believe I have to have fruit salad and Dad gets cake.

Sangira: Um no he does not, put that down Carl.


Kahlua: *Sigh* My birthday's tomorrow, and I really don't know what I should do with-

Carl: I dunno? Move out?

Kahlua: Wow you had that one ready. And you sound real happy about it.


Gimlet: So apparently both my siblings get birthdays....I wanted the attention.

You have it most of the time.

Gimlet:...Is there a spell for that?


Gimlet: I didn't find a spell to get me attention. I found something better.

Which one, Gim?

Gimlet: I can set things on FIRE!


Carl got shocked.

Car: AIEEEE - oooh I'm flying - and that's an arrhythmia, hearts shouldn't do that-


Sangria:...We have to be here, which is annoying. But at least it's geekcon, you like this one, right dear?

Carl: I like HORSES.

Sangria: I've told you to be more careful on that thing.

He's so dazed lmao.


What's going on now?

Sangria: I just imitated a person getting shocked and now he's mad.

Carl: It's not funny San! Tens have died!

Sangria: Well that's probably true and now I feel bad. Oh my God am I just like my mother?

Carl: Not this old nonsense again!

Oh also he got promoted. So he's level 9 too, like San. 


Carl's working from home at Geekcon. One of his tasks is to recruit a product tester.

Llama guy:...No. Absolutely not.

Carl: Aw come on! You've got muscles, you can withstand! Better than me, my lungs are still vibrating a bit.

Llama: It could not be more obviously a suit, and I'm not getting into what else you just said.


Back at home..

Carl: Investigate my failures? You mean you're not supposed to jump right back in and hope you don't get shocked again?


Gimlet:...I have a lot of detention coming up.

Vermouth: I'm about to start high school as the brother of the 'Bus Seat Burner'.

Gimlet: Attempted burner. I couldn't even *sniffle* commit arson right.


Where are you going Kahlua.

Kahlua: To sneak into a different house! I'm sick of having these clods as brothers!


Kahlua: That's some jogging there, Gimlet.

Gimlet: Shut up, like you can talk. I'm looking both ways before I cross the road!

Kahlua: Don't.

Gimlet: You think you can convince me to get hit by a car? I don't need convincing. I'll either do that or I won't. You have no power.


Gimlet did not in fact, deliberately get his idiot ass hit by a car.

Gimlet: It hurts but I'm too important, the world needs me.

I highly doubt that.


*awkward chewing noises*

Gimlet:...Soooo, you need high school tips or-

Vermouth: Nah, I'm good.

Gimlet: Hey at least I tried to do sibling bonding with you. Where's Kahlua?

Vermouth: I dunno.

Gimlet: I'm taking a picture of this sad scene, and she can be repped by that stinky plate.


Tommy: Attention? Play with me? Someone, anyone...Kahlua?

Kahlua: Not now I'm waiting for a...guest.

Tommy: Oh, that fickle boy again? Girl please you can do better.

Kahlua: Perhaps but I have warmth in my heart for this one.

Tommy: Yeowch, that's a curse.


She greeted him with a good ol' handbuzzer trick.

Bobby: OWWWW what was that for?

Kahlua: Suffer dickwad!

Bobby: You're really fucking confusing y'know?!


Bobby: And I've always liked that about you.

Kahlua: Awwww. I still like you too.

Bobby: Like as a-

Kahlua: Oh my God do you need emotional glasses?


Kahlua: As in you're still cute you fool-

Bobby: Yes and - um, can we move-

Carl: Here kitty kitty kitty-

Tommy: Give me the fluffy! I will not be thwarted!

Kahlua: Just ignore my dad. I always do.


Carl: Nice. Here I thought you had no game, oh daughter of mine.

Kahlua: Oh you can talk. Mum told me about the courtship you two had, talk about failing upwards.


Kahlua: So we're both about to grow up. Can we not waste a load of time like my Uncle Aperol and just, y'know. Do something?!

Bobby: Sounds swell!


For some reason he tried to use the spa tub. Anyway. I don't care. They finally got their shit together.


Gimlet: Right I love love and all, well done you two but I need to piss like a horse.

Bobby: Wow. Ew. Are your brothers-

Kahlua: Yes, they're always like that. It pains me too.


Vermouth:...I'll give you two your privacy. 

Kahlua: Shut up, Worm-mouth, I don't need you to ruin this.

Vermouth: Can't believe it took you that long to think of that insult.


Kahlua: Voulez-vous coucher avec-moi...tomorrow? Forgot the word.

Bobby: Tomorrow's just two hours away baby.

Kahlua: Cute but my mum will come nosing around downstairs and I know you've got a curfew.

And so Bobby went home. But overall the mission was a success.  And yes, Lua does want to sleep with him.


Gimlet: No YOU'RE falling behind on training, silly figurines! I don't NEED attention-

GIMLET let your sister have one evening in the spotlight. She's got her man, Vermouth is pretty boring, so I guess it'll be the Gimlet show from now on.


Sangria: *brushes off imaginary dirt* My house is in order. I have control of this family. I am not my mother.

Tommy: *sigh*

Sangria: Don't look at me like that cat.


Birthday time.

Carl: Lol I don't really care.


Vermouth: OhmyGod this is amazing...I look just like Mum! Well, she'd never wear such a sahde of lipstick but-

He's super cloney. But oh well.

He got the Hates Children trait, and the Master Chef aspiration. Guess who's the family fridge-stocker for the next ten days.

Vermouth: Oh whatever...I'm inspecting my beautiful visage.


Kezia: Good Lord who is this new creature in the kitchen. I'm embarrassed for it.

Riv's descendant teenageified.

Kezia: Say it ain't so.

It is.


Vermouth:...Hai.

It turns out he has Carl's nose. So not a 100% clone.

Vermouth: I got Mum's glasses tho :)

Weird boy.  Anyway, next time Kahlua and Gimlet should both be ageing up.

Comments