The Name Game - 2.14

 

We start back here again after Luzija's teen birthday. Still haven't decided which girl is heir so this could either be the last or second-last chapter of Cyb's generation.

Cybil:...You couldn't do that anywhere else?

She's currently working on the writing aspiration 'cos it'll be easy for her.

Berwyn: I just had to feel the muuuusic, don't you understand~

Luzija: See? I really am irony. She's the one playing with a child's toy.

Tosca: Eh, I never really did homework as a teen but I can sure help you, my little contradiction!

Luzija:...Granny you're really not helping me at all.

Also I finally put together display space for Cyb's stuff. Collectible plates are inside, relics are scattered about the house, treasures are outside.


It has nothing to do with anything, but there's no aspirational skill to work on, so Luzi here is doing wellness.

Luzija: It'll help me tamp down the emotions and all. Gotta stay ironic.

Also, she really is such a pretty Sim. Has a lot of her mother and grandmother's features (the Tosca Nose is going strong), but parts of her eye and mouth shape are definitely from her dad. And of course the colouring is completely different.


Cybil: Can you guys just go somewhere else? Please. Bother someone else for all I care.

Jude: I just wanna check in on your writing career-

Cybil: Literally don't have much of one, but OK.

Berwyn: Don't you wanna feel-

Jude: No, seriously put that tiny violin down. You look ridiculous.


Chaim, aka father of the C-Y-B kids and ex-husband of Thirza, has aged up to elder.

Cybil: But wait...that means...CRAP.


Cybil: Enough about my ex-idiot, I'm making the best of my impending elderhood.

You have a week Cyb. Forgot about that slightly creepy age gap. Considering they got together when Cybil was like 15.


Jude: Good God Bea you smell. Rolling around in the sand again huh?

Bea: You would if you had the strength old man.

Jude: Oh please, as if I'd ever go near any gross crap-

Tosca: Remember when we were really poor, raising too many kids and we would scavenge for seashells?

Jude: I never enjoyed it!

Berwyn: *cheerfully violins* I am performing my whole personality!


Impreza is performing hers as well lol.

Impreza: Not true I'll probably work out and get depressed later.

Perla: Stop talking and kiss me!


Bea: Autonomous school project? Really? Impreza might be a hot mess but at least she's interesting, I'm going to watch her.

Luzija: Hey that's not fair I've at least done more than one thing today.

Berwyn: You better not be talkin' about me!

Luzija: Who ELSE-

Berwyn: I played violin over there, and now I'm playing a different violin over here! Separate activities.


Hhhh guys why this bathroom.

Jude: I'm hearing no noise and preparing a very wholesome dinner for my wholesome family.

Impreza: Hey you're the one who gave me a single bed only.


Impreza: Girl seriously we just did it and you're playing the violin-

Jude: Gonna pretend I didn't hear the first part and back you up, Preza! Why does every guest put their grubby paws on this thing?

Perla: Trust me, Mr S, I'm definitely nice and clean.

Impreza:...You're still gonna sound terrible, babe.


Cybil: Yes Chaim, at the ripe old age of 65. You should be proud. Or retired.

Chaim:...Well you're close, bitch.


Impreza: What makes you think you can sit on my bed, little sister?

Luzija: 'Cos I'm on your level. You and me are the only contenders for heirship.

Impreza: So you want six kids? 'Cos I don't want seven.

Perla: Lol what.

Luzija: I want a successful family for some reason, and you just want attention.

Impreza:...Fair enough.

Perla: Hey are we in here to, y'know-

Impreza: No Perla, I finished with you in the shower, now go home. Dunno why you followed me in here.


Honestly she's just straight up uninterested in the poor girl.

Perla: *sways hips* Oooh, I love this song...my hips don't lie.

Impreza: Gah, Mum goes abroad one or seven times, and now all we hear is the same three Latin Pop Songs...what was that?


Chesmu: Rootin' for you, sis. I hardly know the other one for a start. And neither grandmother nor mother wanted all their required kids, and we turned out fine.

Impreza: Yeah, sure. I just cried into a plate of salad and you still think your wife is a lizard.

Chesmu: She IS! Descended from a long line of-

Impreza: Oh whatever, it's just good to see you.


Luzija: *hiss* Hold it in, Luzi! C'mon, it's not ACTUALLY talking and I'm not ACTUALLY annoyed at my piece-of-shit older sister-


Hey, finally! I think Yven's actually ahead of Sloane in the pregnancy progression, but no matter what, our Cyb's a grandma soon.

Cybil: And I'll have the looks to match it.


Cybil is actually thinking of her eldest daughter Berywn though, how sweet-

Cybil: I'm thinking of her 'cos I can hear her damn playing, and I want to like, telepathically make her stop.

Sorry. She's got a Seldom Sleepy trait to match yours 'cos I want her to just grind this aspiration. Whichever one of Preza or Luzija takes over, we'll need the space.


Luzija: Hey look I mastered my normal smile.

It honestly looks sarcastic to me. That might be normal in this family cos I write you lot.

Luzija: Eh. Good enough. On with the day!


Impreza: I mean, I'm already out for the day. Cos I'm the better leader. Right, Bea?

Bea: Oh my God the amount of fucks I do not give, can we just go back?

Impreza: Nah...the lazy side of this family cannot prevail! 


Berwyn and Cyb are up too.

Berwyn: Tiny pink violin...I choose you.

Cybil: Oh Lord. Not again. Is this Groundhog Day? Am I in purgatory?


After she finished the damn song (2/4 now!) I let Berwyn have someone over.

Berwyn: Elvis! My childhood almost-friend. How long it has been!

Elvis: Wellll looks like this isn't the Outback 360 experience I was promised-

Berwyn: So my mum can mock up a pretty good fake leaflet, big fluffy deal. Hiiii!


Elvis: Eh, it's not so bad to see you. We were both voted members of the Prominent Chin Committee in school, y'know.

Berwyn: Sayyy...what now? I don't remember any of that.

Elvis: Right. The violin. Kind of consumed your life.

Berwyn: Still does.


Elvis:...This doesn't count as moving out, Berwyn.

Berwyn: Lemme dream. You call yourself a 'devotee of fitness' and you're still pretty lanky.

Elvis: HEY, I'm WORKING on it.


Berwyn: Whether you do or not...you're...yeah not rhyming this, but you're plenty cute.

Elvis: This is how people swoon, right?


Berwyn: OK, COOL, we're into each other and this is gonna work now.

Elvis:...Uh, what is? We just re-met like 2 hours ago.

Berwyn: But, but-

Elvis: You're freakin' me out.


Elvis:...But you are pretty cute and I never thought you'd actually be into me so sure, let's make 'this' work. Whatever 'this' is.

Berwyn: Cool :)


She likes taking it slow I guess. These are the whims she's rolling, compared to Impreza's 'WooHoo with everybody' shit going on.


Yven: Everybody move, pregnant brother coming through-

Elvis: Um. What.

Yven: Ooh, also, geddit little sis. I always wanted your life to be a bit less sad.

Berwyn:..OMG please ignore him.

Jude: Already on it.

Berwyn: Not YOU Grandpa-


Elvis: Hey look ma I'm hugging!

Berwyn: Oh yeah that's how you do it!

Is it now.


Jude: So your little sisters are having boys over also, your mother's asleep...ready to chaperone, Berwyn?

Berwyn: Eh. I'm busy. Yven's here anyway.

Elvis: Yven? The pregnant dude? Y'know, maybe he just had a really big lunch...


There are the boys.

Fredrick: Wow, a rose from the second-prettiest girl in school!

Impreza: Anything for - whaddya mean second? Who's first?

Vasyl:...I can hear crying. Luzi?

Fredrick: Well, I still got the better end of the stick, huh.

Impreza: This is why I should lead the family, right?

Fredrick: Idk I literally met you today?


Tosca: What is this, school's biggest douchebag, nudge nudge-

Impreza: Granny I'm busy. Clearly. Also, he's right here and has working ears.

Tosca: What? I'm not here. Who's Tosca?

Fredrick: Yo who is Tosca though?

Impreza: Sigh.


Berwyn: Oh Elvis, I'm so glad we reconnected, all 'cos you were the person in my age group I had the highest relationship with in the panel-

Elvis: Wait, really? That's sad.

Impreza: My social life is a lot better, it's like-

Fredrick: A public footpath cos everyone's going through it-

Impreza:..Dammit that was kinda funny.


Elvis: Um...your mother-

Cybil: How much do you like my daughter, bucko? Kiss her while I'm eating here. Do it.

Tosca: Ah, I remember when I used to do this with you-

Cybil: Mum please, that was cos we were way too poor to afford this nice a bench.


This Vasyl kid is very cute and would maybe make a good spouse BUT...

Vasyl:...Pretty sure I'm your siblings' cousin, actually-

Luzija: Oh God. Chaim. Do not talk about Chaim, prick's not even my father and I hear enough-

Vasyl: I mean my uncle is a pretty big dickhead.


Bea: You're a weird mother, mother.

Cybil: It's working isn't it. I bless this relationship.

Elvs: I mean if this is what it takes to kiss you...I'll tune her out.

Berwyn: I usually do anyway.


Vasyl:...The thing is that, everybody dies. And then? Being culled. And then? Forgotten, if you weren't already-

Fredrick: *sob* Dude why are you bringing this up I only came here to hook up!


Fetu: Oh, daughter who I hardly know, how can I-

Impreza: You've got the wrong one. She's in her room on that stupid meditation stool, get in there and leave me alone.


Yven: Don't worry, dude, I'll show you out. I'll even give you a ride home if you don't mind waiting at the hospital for my prenatal appointment.

Elvis:...Thanks, Yven.


Fredrick: Haha. I'm the Fredmeister.

Impreza: Wow the workings of your brain are just riveting.

Fetu: This music is making me really sad...

Tosca: Your ex puts on ballads when she's having an existential crisis.

Fetu: HEY, not my ex, an average hookup, the result is right there.

Tosca: Dude. That's not her and I'm Cybil's mother.


Tosca: Lol empty wall.

Impreza: *rolls the WooHoo whim* Took a bit longer than usual but I feel like making a bad decision tonight.

Fredrick: Yeah, sure...when was the last time somebody washed that dog?

Impreza: Don't be silly you don't have to wash those things.


The next morning...

Jude: I fear for the family, especially as I, the only beacon of sanity, can feel my life ticking away.

You have lived for like three extra weeks at this point Jude.

Jude: YES I KNOW, my time is borrowed!

Tosca: Good Lord, you worry too much. Sutherlands always push through the dysfunction. Make it our bitch 'n stuff.


Luzija: Who's a good dog? You're a good dog! This is a good amount of facial expression, riiiight?

Bea: Uh. Yeah. Sure.

Luzija:...Berwyn she's using human words I haven't broken the curse.

Berwyn: Dunno what you expected really.


Luzija: This will work. Controoool the demon.


Imprea: Fucking bashing that poor keyboard doesn't hide your instability, Lu.

Luzija: Well making out with everything doesn't hide your sad, Preza, but I'm not bringing that up! *whack whack whack*

Impreza: Yes you are! All the damn time, actually. It's getting old.


She's in a distant phase and 9am on a Saturday isn't a good time for romance spam, so I let her do some sailing.

Impreza: I am Moanaaaaa


Luzija: Oh hey, grandpa I could use some help with these sums-

Jude: Eh, well I gotta sandwich. Might be my last one, I am about 102 at this point.

Luzija: OK. I'm OK about this....wait, too normal?

Jude: Not normal at all, dear. Feel, don't conceal.


Berwyn maxed violin.

Berwyn: But I'm not done with the song grind am I?

Not even close.


Luzija: Two days of yoga and my problems haven't all been magically fixed, this is bullshit.


Impreza:...Cool glasses, Fredrick.

Fredrick: All the better to see you in!

Impreza:...Way to sound like the big bad wolf.

Idk but the combination of somewhat douchey boy with family name and the aspiring school bike hits a special place in my heart. That's why I let them go on this date.


This knight agrees. Maybe.

Knight: Oooh yeah go and get it in the historical grounds!


Poor Fred's actually sad tho. Probably because his Uncle Alex died overnight.

Impreza: Psh...uncles. Who meets their uncles? Me and my siblings forget we have 'uncles'-

Fredrick: OK but Uncle Alex was a huge and integral part of my life, he taught me how to shave and ride a bike-



Impreza: I mean, Goths die! It's in your name. Make up a really cool story and get alll the cred on Monday at school.

Fredrick: By golly, Preza, you're right! Can we make out again?

They did, and then the date ended.


Back at home, I had Berwyn keep songwriting.

Cybil: We got you Thirza's old room-

Berwyn: Well it's not a prison cell, I can certainly come out and show you the music. You didn't intend for me to stay there 24/7...did you?

Cybil: Exceptions for meals and bathroom, of course.


Tosca was apparently part of the Knights meeting so she came home in her armour.

Tosca: Yeah, how could I lose this tournament when I'm dressed for the game setting?

IDK, it's motion gaming?

Tosca: *pathetic jump, clank*...Right.


The Active ladies of the family work out together.

Cybil: Right, this punch bag is Chaim, my kids when they piss me off, my annoying clients, the goddamn Archaeology association-

Impreza: Why can I not burn off calories the OTHER way?

Cybil: Um, excuse me-

Impreza: Oh lord, you didn't hear that.

Cybil: I don't care. WooHoo doesn't build muscles is all I'm saying, so it's this or nothing!


Even Azure's youngest is a YA. The youngest of the youngest, how time flies-

Adrian: HEY what about-

Sorry kid you really do not count.


Lol I forgot I invited over Preza's starter boyfriend.

Kason: OK I've been in this bathroom for four hours, is she coming or not?


...I don't think so.

Impreza: Huh so this 'Love Arrow' set I used all my happiness on really does work*

(I bought her the beguiling trait)

Ramon Love: Ooooh I think I heard my name.

The girl in the background is Zuri. She's someone I'm considering for Luzija.


Elvis is sad too. His mum was Olivia Kim-Lewis's little sister, and now, well...all the starter kids died.

Berwyn: Babe I do feel for you but your damn hat is really stabbing me, like wow that shit hurts.


Berwyn: Sisters have all the fun...lemme take your mind off things, darling.

Elvis:...What? I don't really like either of your sisters-

Berwyn: Never mind that. Let's rephrase. Wanna bang in the shower?

Elvis: Yeah sure why not.


Impreza: What, so we can't just pick things up?

Kason: No, we had a commitment and then you ran around on me with like five people.

Impreza; I think it was four, and boyfriend's just a word in the dictionary.

Kason: It's supposed to have meaning!

Impreza:...Hey wanna go back in that bathroom?

Kason:...Sure.

Romance!


This girl is adorable. I decided on no more Bheedas but mixed with the Elderberry family they make cute kids. Unfortunately...

Zuri: *sniff* Grandfather Rohan is dead and I have to hang out with Uncle Andy and his weird blue husband.

Luzija:...That might be my brother you're talking about.

Zuri: *sob* Oh God I put my foot in it now, why am I so bad at life-

Luzija: No, nooo, it's fine really! He IS a weirdo really.


This is what's going on around them. Impreza did actually wanna woohoo with someone twice, and Berwyn is having a nice romantic first time.

In a shower, but still.


(Ignore the walls pls)

Berwyn: Heh yeah, things going well, just focusing on my music, taking things nice and relaxed with my new boyfriend-

Luzija: Oh please I was trying to console this girl about a death in the family and all I heard was the showers being defiled-

Chesmu: EW I do not wanna hear about my baby sisters doing that shit.

Luzija: Ugh, speaking of babies go home to the mother of your own.


Berwyn: Oh Elvis I love you so! These last two days have shown me that we probably should have kept in contact in highschool.

Elvis: Well I was a real dick back then, but now I'm different. This was how things shoulda gone and I accept your ring, Berwyn!

Berwyn: Oh you.


Meanwhile Impreza...

Impreza: Lol Kason's just staring at that stupid old arch. What a sap.


And Luzija...

Chesmu: I hope my socks are clean enough for you, baby sis. I can always tell the concierge to switch laundering services at our apartments.

Luzija: Ugh you've turned into such an Uptown prick.

Chesmu: Oh like you guys are living the authentic spiritual island life.


Chesmu: Haaaa those are good insults. No, do it more. Threaten to fuck his dad!

Berwyn: Aww there's that mean little shit I grew up with.

Zuri:...Guys I'm writing an email, go away.


Hey look, Azure's gonna be a grandma too.

Pretty sure I saw a marriage notification for this guy the other day.


Cybil: Ugh...come on skull, show me your secrets. Problem is, if I punch you you'll just break.

Berwyn: I'll enlighten you mother, with my next composition. A foray into the old world-

Cybil:...I really hate my life sometimes.


Luzija actually shows the most emotion during her morning yoga routines.

Luzija: And then I'm gonna just, ah FUCK - the mirrors are trying to talk again!


Impreza: Ugh even exercise isn't helping the sad feelings.

Bea: Girl please,  no more of your nasty strangers over please. I wanna nap.


Berwyn: You hate my music, I think your writing is derivative, but we do have that Seldom Sleepy Schedule going on together, don't we?

Cybil: Bitch, you think I'm that desperate for interaction that I'll brush off what you said about my writing?

Berwyn:..Yes?

Cybil: Unfortunately you were right. Let's eat together, daughter.


Luzija: So. It is your birthday. Moment of truth, huh. Which one of us will have way more babies than we can handle-

Impreza: Shut up and let me blow the candles out.


Hey look, Yven had his daughter which means Cybil got her first grandbaby-

Impreza: Um, hello, your heir just grew up?

Nope.

,
Impreza: Waitwhatdoyoumean buttheattentiontho-

Well, Luzija knocks out two big letters in Z and J, she's got way more genetic diversity than the rest of you Gen 3s combined. Also I just played Tethys' generation in the PG, and I kinda don't want to do a 'player' generation again.

Impreza: Well. I had a good run. S'pose I was awesome enough to put up a fight against those factors.

Oh 100%. I went back and forth between you two so many times. As opposed to last Gen when I kinda knew it would be Cyb from her childhood. That kid was the main character from the age of five.

Impreza: And I'm not having seven kids!

Nope. I think our girl will be just fine. She adds Squeamish to Gloomy and Active traits.

Comments