Drifting for Miles - House 3, Part 2

 

Buckthorn: Wow! I simply can't believe you like me enough to move onto my lawn of crap!

Candice: Well, gotta get away from my dad and his ridiculously young second wife!

Buckthorn: Yeesh, at least my Mum waited until I moved out to do that.


And then they did it in the shower - moved inside for privacy.

Buckthorn: I don't really know how to do this right either.

Candice: Well neither of us kissed before, so doing...'it' should be fine together right?

Buckthorn: Right!

Lol I love these two. They're like 24 but still act like awkward teens.


She came with a glitched part time career so I switched her to retail. She does the evening shift most days.

Candice: Cool, now can I have my makeover? Feeling a little overdressed for this lawn.


Kept the hair the same as it's one I gave to her when I was making over some townie teens. I tried to give her a relaxed look, given that she's Lazy, as well as Unflirty and Squeamish.

She has the Bodybuilder aspiration which is funny. I'll keep it cos she's not gonna complete it.


One of her friends came to visit.

Candice: Yep! Just up and left to move here, impulsive style! Best decision I ever made!

Darell:...

Who are you trying to convince?


Despite her squeamishness Candice took it upon herself to help in the garden.

Candice: Only cos I got this bad baby, no dirt-touching for me!

How did you get that? You don't even have any skill!

Candice: I'm just that badass.


Buckthorn: Guess who bought us a bed!

Candice: You? But it's in the middle of the lawn.

Buckthorn: Yeah, well. Too broke to extend the room we have, and for fun times there's always the shower.

Candice: Yes, the one made of old tarp and a leaky faucet.


Buckthorn finally has time to just...make a meal.

Buckthorn: Never knew I could get sick of eating cereal for five days straight. That was teenage me's dream!


Candice: Wanna toss my salad later?

Buckthorn: You're the same girl who didn't like my Candy-lips line?

Candice: Not because it was sexual, because it was gross.


Right now all Candice can really do is read from the random floor books.

Candice: God romance novel characters are so frustrating. Just be straightforward like me and MY Bucky-

Buckthorn: No Mum I don't want to hear your jokes-


These new tulips grew faster than the first ones. Either way, they're worth like £14 each so that's a lot of money. We might get a real house faster than I anticipated.


Candice: Did I hear real house?

Buckthorn: Sure you did. Now lemme just finish selling these flowers - with pauses in between each sale.

Seriously Bucky stop LAGGING.


Went for the 'fancy shit in tiny dark room' sort of upgrade - but it means there won't be breakages. I was anticipating a 'pregnant Candice pees herself' situation.

Buckthorn: Tell me you didn't say the P word.

This is a legacy, you have to have at least one child.


Unflirty sims are...

Candice: Kissing me in public? The nerve!

I don't get your boundaries girl.

Anyway Buckthorn wisely ran off to fish.


LP: Just thought I'd see how my brother's going here.

Candice: Well I have to be *shudder* outside a lot but he promises he'll build more walls.

LP: Lol you picked the wrong guy to shack up with then.

Candice: I get your point but I do love him.


I decided to go for the optional generational goal of getting the part-time Fisherman career maxed. So Bucky's doing that. He'll have the skills for it so why not?


Buckthorn: She said that?

LP: Yeah, Buck. Buy her a hotel room or something, damn!

Buckthorn:...Can't afford it.

LP: God I'm so glad I escaped this life.

Buckthorn: You're real helpful, LP.


Damn he's on fire with these house goals tho. Already Level 5 fishing, AND he has the cowplant berry needed for one of the criteria.


The next morning...

Candice: OK, so I acknowledged his point but reiterated that I love you.

Buckthorn: OK that's better than what LP said, wish he'd added in that bit.

Candice: Eh, it seemed a bit like he wanted in my pants.

Buckthorn: He's married.

Candice: Yeah...to the girl he cheated on his first wife with.


Buckthorn: So no hotel then?

Candice: No Buckthorn, I want a house so people don't have to watch you pawing at me!

Buckthorn:...Ok coming right up!


Happy now, Candice?

I mean I am, looks pretty good.


Buckthorn: Sorry if the PDA was too much for you, here is an apology rose. We'll have loads of privacy now.

Candice: Oh Buckthorn that's wonderful, sorry I was being so tetchy!

Buckthorn: Seriously. Nobody will see us. I couldn't afford windows.

    

LP: Wow you got this together quick.

Buckthorn: You can do a lot with flower money. Your hotel room sucks, step off my girlfriend.


They did try for a baby earlier but it didn't take.

Candice: He doesn't like kids, makes sense that he'd have stubborn sperm. Y'know, babies are kinda icky, maybe we could just live out our lives as a happy couple-

You need at least one.


Candice: Yeah, of course not LP. You were just trying to help. We're cool - who's yelling?

Fetu: Candice! I have found you! What's with the shack? How could you run away-

LP: You ran away to be with my brother? Dope and romantic, love that.

Candice: I'm 25, I more just moved out.


Freesia: Now what are your intentions with my darling son, hmm Miss Candice? Do you appreciate the ways of the Drifter?

Candice: I appreciate this TV he bought.


Buckthorn: Um, this is my Drifter house, my generation.

Yes, but unfortunately the spotlight will stay off you, as you do all the boring work while your family members entertain me.

Buckthorn: This is bullshit.


Candice: Nice hat, Buck. Where IS that swoosh of hair you normally sport?

Buckthorn: Shush it's company policy.


Once he's back, it's time for Try 2!


I tried to make Candice help with weeding through the Group function, but she wouldn't.

Candice: Buckthorn you're so good at this stuff!

Buckthorn: Thanks, but I could use some-

Candice: The most talented!

Buckthorn: Some he-

Candice: Love of my life <3.

Buckthorn: So can you-?


Success! Baby Generation 4 is on the way!

Damn Candice's stomach is flatter than paper.

Candice: Yes, yes, it's one of my natural gifts. How do I break the news to my child-hating boyfriend?


Buckthorn: Oh God my life is over! And now there's leaves in my *cough* mouth! Kids are a curse!


Buckthorn: *walks sulkily off into the house*

Candice: I think I'm gonna be sick.

Don't worry girl. he'll come around. I'll make him.


Candice: So...you like this show then?

Buckthorn: Don't talk to me right now. I simply cannot.

Candice: Ooook we're still not ready then.


Buckthorn: Oooohhh, wiggly fish aren't you? So much better than a child.

Candice:...Bastard.

Buckthorn: Don't listen to her, friendo.

She's talking to you, Buck.


He caught a rare 'Captain Bones' fish so I bought the matching bowl. Oh yeah, and a computer. It goes outside until I can be bothered to mess with the house layout.


Buckthorn caught a robot toy also.

Buckthorn: Yeah my fishing skills have betrayed me I don't WANT-


Hyacinth's oldest is a YA and married.


Candice: Oh plate, tell me what to do about my stupid boyf - ow, my fingertips.


Candice: Buckthorn Freesia Sutherland-

Buckthorn: How do you know my middle name-

Candice: I was GUESSING asshole! That's not the point!

Buckthorn: Were you lying in wait all night to-

Candice: Also not the point!

Buckthorn: OK I get it, I slept on it and realised I've been shitty but I need to get ready for work.

Candice: Fine, this isn't over.


Candice: I mean seriously what am I a fucking housewife?

You're making a pretty good job of it. Don't worry, you have a job.


Freesia's old. That's actually so sad.

Freesia: At least I will be memorialised through my son.


Candice found the computer.

Candice: Thank God I can finally check my emails on a big scr - how old am I? At the very least, better Blicblock!


Aspen aged up and I can already tell that she looks more like Fina than her brother, who is a Freesia clone.

Buckthorn: Yeah I'm memorialised that way too, why did I need her name?


Buckthorn: Promotion in the fishing career, garden is blooming, got this cool new bug spray can...what am I forgetting? I feel like I'm forgetting something bad.


Buckthorn: Mum. You got...older and even more beautiful!

Freesia: Thank you dear. Now, what's this I hear about you being an unwilling father. You can't be a deadbeat while you live with her, and your heir must be raised on the drift-

Buckthorn: Yeah yeah I know all that, can you help me with the garden?

Freesia: I see how it is.

She's such a beautiful elder tho.


Freesia: Dear stepson. What are you doing here? How are things with the family?

LP: Well, I do need some quiet time, and Bucky's place is-

Freesia: Not for long, Candice is pregnant now.

LP: Shit.


Buckthorn: See? I'm super happy about it now. She's showing and I'm...HAPPY!

Freesia: Good, good.

Candice: Yeah he's on the right track - LP get out of my hair, literally.


Freesia: My child-averse boys. How will you be kept in check once I'm dead?

Buckthorn: That's a...dark way to start a conversation.

LP: IDK, my wife?

Buckthorn: The one you cheat on?

LP: Low blow.

Buckthorn: Anyway being mothered by your wife leads to divorce, right Mum?

Freesia: That's right. One point to Bucky.

LP: Suck-up.


He's already on the last part of the aspiration. Which is the longest part. But still.


LP: This is the symbol of children's bullshit and I will kick it down! Fie and shame on my brother for purchasing this cardboard house.

Buckthorn, yelling from the lake: HEY, it was the CHEAPEST-


Buckthorn: Ah...living off the land like a true master fisher-

Yeah apart from all the appliances i bought you, plus being connected to power and water grids-

Buckthorn:...But I'm cooking my catch for dinner!


LP came back. Seriously his home life must be very unfun. Which is probably his fault.

LP: So how do you really feel about the kid, be honest.

Buckthorn: Eh. It's gonna Drift like me and Mum and Grandpa, right? So every time the kid is a brat I'll just think about sending it to an empty lot with zero money.

LP: Nice, I wish I had that option!


Acorn knocked up his wife again.


The next morning I finally gave these two some space in their house.


Candice: Well could you have gotten a better sink? Surely you or Buckthorn should do something about this.

We don't have the money, Buckthorn's at work. It's just you.

Candice:...Shit.


Candice: It just started spurting water like...3 hours ago.

Buckthorn:..OK let's call this me making up for being an ass about the baby.

Candice: Ugh, deal, whatever.


Buckthorn's made it up to her methinks.

Buckthorn: I may not like children but I'll do my best with ours.

Buckthorn's whims: 'Be Mean to a Child'.


Buckthorn: New! Fishing! Techniiiique! The Glitch Out - fish through your front door.

You are not on an infomercial. *resets*


The next morning...

Candice: Gawd why do I have to pee again?

Third trimester's no picnic, dear.


Buckthorn:I sense doom a-brewing.


Candice: Buckthorn. Hey Buckthorn, where are you, I'm in labour? Oh God if he cut and run-

Relax, he's just in the garden. I'll get him.


And so Buckthorn and Candice to the hospital and returned with the Gen 4 heir, Lichen (pronounced LIKE-en), a bouncing blue baby boy!

Lichen: No thanks I'll stay right here.


Buckthorn, like the really sensitive guy he is, propositioned her for WooHoo right after birth.

Candice: Nah it's chill I'm into it.

Whatever. See you three next time as we find out with we're getting Freesia Mark 3 for Gen 4, or an actual genetic mix!

Comments