Perfect Genetics - Gen 3, Week 1


Here we are at the start of Gen 3?

Rigel: First billing for me? What a treat.

Don't get used to it, it's just 'cos Teth has chosen this moment to use the toilet.

Rigel: Eh, whatever.

He grew up as a snob which is why he's got a slightly more refined look. I'm gonna let him stick around until we need the space for Teth's kids, so he's getting a job as a food critic. I still haven't done that one yet.
 

Teth grew up self-assured which suits her perfectly.  She'll get her tech guru job eventually but for now, let's hit on Lilith Vatore.


Tethys: My dear, you are just thorns to my rose.

Lilith: Ohohoho I can tell you're no rose. Don't you know I'm a married woman?

Tethys: Yeah, how's that going?


Meanwhile, despite the fact that he has two cat beds (a nice fancy cat tree in the living room and a smaller bed in Teth's room), Grimm is passed out under the coffee table.


Lilith: Well...

Tethys: A night of passion. It doesn't have to mean a thing. You can go home to your boring life in the morning because honestly? I'm not after serious things.

Lilith: Oh you're speaking my language. To me a human lifespan is so short and fleeting, why waste it all on one person?

Tethys: You understand.


This is of course the exact moment that Deanna chose to come in and clean the desk.

Deanna: I'll be taking my leave now, Teth.

Tethys: Yes, yes you will.


Lilith: God you're hot.

Tethys: I know, which is why you're cheating with me. 

Lilith: Well-

Tethys: Hey, I'm the single one. This is your dilemma, though I wish you would have said something before-

Lilith: Oh fuck it, let's go.

Tethys: Ayyyy.


Grimm: What? What are you looking at?! Of course I must guard her.

Even if he does like his freedom he loves his owner.

Grimm: Shut up. No I don't. This is a responsibility, an obligation-


Felix came to haunt and ran all night.

Felix: Why does it STILL make my body feel like shit? I don't even have a body!


Tethys: And the first of it begins! Who wants to bet this kid fails?

Me. It might seem early in the generation to get her knocked up, but remembering how long it took in Felix's - best to start early, not all heirs will get lucky like Merc.

Mercury: Yes, cos I'm -

Awesome, yes yes.


Tethys has her job now. Ready for adult responsibility, Teth?

Tethys: I think I'm gonna be sick.


Tethys: Grandma really?

Deanna: A tidy workspace is a tidy life. What sort of immortal SuperGrandma would I be if I didn't at least try and help you out?


Softieeee

Deanna: Yeah I guess he's not always intolerably self-centred.

Mercury: Where's your momma, Grimmy? 

Deanna: Working on programming and slightly pregnant, in fact.

Mercury: MUM I didn't realise - wait Teth's WHAT?


Mercury: I hear you've made me a grandfather, Tethys.

Tethys:...Yes, Dad.

Mercury: How could you? It's too early! I am way too young to be a grandfather.

Tethys: Well, you definitely look it, Dad. Far too young!

Mercury: Oh, I do now?

Tethys: Yup.


Tethys: Ahhh, flattery can really get you a long way.


Tethys: Who's a sweet kitty? You are! Now I might be busy with a human baby, but there'll always be time for lil Grimmy.

Advaith: Ah you do have a heart Mistress Tethys-

Tethys: Get out or I'll punt the cat at your face.

Grimm:...Thaaaaat's the cold bitch who adopted me right there!


Tethys: Come on dude, chin up. I didn't invite you over to hang out with some drip.

Corbin: *sniff* Work is just really stressful and-

Tethys: And that's not my problem...


Janet: Tethys WHAT ARE YOU DOING-

Tethys: Sweeping you off your feet, darling. 


Advaith: All I do is try to help...stupid Tethys and her stupid happiness and-

Mercury: Should I greet the baby mother, of course I don't have a problem with gay relationships-

Deanna: That's not the girl, Merc. You can't deny our Teth's nature.

Janet: Oh, I'm sorry I was being weird I missed you-

Tethys: Yeah we have to break up.


Janet:...I'm sorry, what?

Tethys: Yeah, it's cos of your hair colour. It's the same as mine and all, we can't have that. Remember the genetics thing I told you about?

Janet: No?

Tethys: Shit, that might have been Sloane. Never mind. We're over...but at least we can stay friends.

Janet:...OK?

Avoiding a messy breakup by putting her in shock, very nice Tethys.


Hayden: You wanna...feel the heat?

Tethys: Jamming coffee into my armpit isn't hot, dude. 


Tethys is meeting people.

Tethys: Hi there, how are you doing?

Rhett: Wonderful! Are you related to my wife?

Yeah you're not hooking up with your uncle. This dude married Eirene recently, and I apparently missed the notification.


Tethys: Hello there, handsome. Love the hair, so unique.

Alfonso: Heh...you're beautiful too,

Tethys: Now I didn't go that far-

Issac: Dude. You're married. Stop that.

Alfonso: Look behind you and you'd understand!


Issac: Absolute sluts. The both of you. You're ruining your marriage for this?

Tethys: I'll call you or I won't. Decide later. Byeeee!

Alfonso: What just happened?


Here we find a wild Teth in her natural habitat.

Tethys: So why are you at this beautiful place all alone?

Sage: Could say the same about you.

Tethys: Perhaps we could keep each other company?


Sage: Oh egads no, it is too embarrassing to flirt here, in front of all these people.

Tethys:...This is the romance festival. What did you expect?

Random guy: Well if you're striking out with her.

Tethys: Dream on dude.

Festival was a bust so we headed home...


Mercury: This shirt is not befitting of me, Watcher, what WERE you thinking?

Tethys:...Yeah, wanna finish our ahem, conversation from earlier? You can see my room.

Mercury: I also don't wanna hear that!


Grimm had his birthday.

Grimm: Helllooo ladies!

Mmm. I may allow you to have kittens and be a deadbeat father. We will see.


His lovely mistress was doing this.

Honestly I wasn't gonna bother but it's what she wanted.


Mariko is our butler now and I don't know why.

Mariko: Worst contract switch ever.

Mercury: Hey. Dickwad. Wake the fuck up and get out of my house!


Chase found a dislike.

Mariko: What do you mean you hate it? This is the Easy Listening station, it's designed to be inoffensive!

Chase: And that is offensive to my artistic vision, now change it!


Look at this GOOD KITTY, actually using his cat tree to scratch on.

Grimm: It's practice to get at that fuckin' BAT!

Bat Hanging Toy Thing: W - what did I do?


Finally bought a punching bag for the workout balcony. Rigel woke up mad so is trying it out.

Rigel: Eat these GUNS, you stupid boss - I mean, blue bag!


Teth woke up in her second trimester.

Tethys: Yeah. and I'm probably about to be sick.


Tethys: Griiiim you're not supposed to be up there.

Grimm: Make me get down then byotch!

Tethys: That's low, kicking me when I'm already feeling bad.

Grimm: Too bad for you, I'm a motherfuckin-


Tethys: Bet I could make a real successful Twitch streamer out of myself.

If you wear that, yes.

Tethys: If I wear anything.

Atta girl. For now work on that programming tho.


Grimm: I see how it is. I make that hoop jump and you miss it. Guess I won't bother.


Deonte: Hey, Teth, I remember you!

Tethys: High-school, yeah. Good times. How have you been?

Deonte: Great, but...not up to as much as you.

Tethys: Right. The pregnancy, It's pretty obvious now I guess. But just a temporary thing, right?


Tethys: Shot thru the heart!

Deonte: And you're to blame!

Tethys: Don't worry I won't give any kinda love a bad name!

Are you sure about that.


Anyway then they did a home date cos Tethys wanted a date. 

Grimm: So. Are you really enough for my Teth?

Deonte: Hey, come on, cat, I don't wanna hurt that girl-

Grimm: I am not worried about you, son.


Deonte: I feel as if I have received a kiss from a goddess!

Tethys: You need to wear chapstick my dude.


Tethys' geek side remains strong.

Tethys: And the graphics are just so cutting-edge and new, all that beautiful lighting and textures -

Deonte: Oh, absolutely...


Tethys: Damn fam how's you get up there! i can't reach and I'm way taller than you.

Grimm: A genius never reveals his secrets, now begone and leave me to vibe.


I also enrolled Deanna in a new degree. I thought it would make her quit her Master of the Real job automatically, but it didn't. Anyway she's keeping it because it's only 5 hours for two days a week.


Tethys: So once this baby is out...hook up with me?!

Hailee: Damn Teth we haven't seen each other since, grade school, aren't you moving a bit, y'know, quick-

Tethys: Take it or leave it gal!

Mariko: Let me know when I should call an Uber, just say the word, Miss Tethys.

Tethys: And THAT is why you're my favourite vacation butler!

Mariko:...But this is your house.


Hailee:..Wow I'm not comfortable hearing that from a pregnant woman.

Tethys: That sounds like a personal problem. Goodnight, call me if you change your mind. Hey MARIKO-


The next morning...

Tethys: Ughhhh I'm sick and uncomfortable.

Chase: Well that seems like a you problem.

Tethys: Ugh, men, never sensitive-

Chase: You're forgetting I carried you and Rigel inside me at the same time? And I don't even have the anatomy for it.


Mercury: So your sister's giving birth soon, ready to be an Uncle, Rigel?

Rigel: Yeah, I'm ready to have my own kids...but I also want to get married. Gotta wait for my GF to grow up tho.

Mercury: Ah, the Dipper Dilemma.

Rigel: Don't compare me to that man please.


The couple that works out together...stays together?

Mercury: Push past your limits, break boundaries, work 'til you bleed-

Chase: What a lovely day for a run.

They have diff styles.


Deanna: Mmmm good meal.

Mariko: Please God let me be reassigned.


Deanna: This clay-covered head could have been a person once, and here I am with my stupid little hammer-

Mercury: They're ornaments and I hope you're not hammering that precious material, mother...please be emotionless again.


Deanna: Dang Rigel that is some sloppy brushwork. Even your brother did better.

Rigel: Well apparently to be an art critic I need to know basic skills! I thought they all just made it up!

Yeah so Rigel got promoted and needs some random skills. De is always on hand to help.

Rigel: I actually feel demoralised by her presence.


Meanwhile Teth and her favourite being are sleeping. She had a long day and the 3rd trimester pregnancy didn't help.

Note Grimm sleeping on the bed he was purchased for once.


Deanna: Oh it is strange to see you this way, Felix! You used to be so strong and built-

Felix: I know, I was a stud to the end, wasn't I De?

Deanna: Uh, sure.


Felix: How DARE you insult my body?! they were right when they said you were only ever here for the money!

Deanna: I have made most of the family wealth and I married you when you lived on a field, how dare you!


RIP Al twins. At the time of taking this picture  Seph hadn't gone yet but she prob will.


Tethys: Sorry about Uncle Aldebaran, Granddad. At least you'll have him in the afterlife.

Felix: Eh he was one of my least favourites, so-

Tethys: Awww, weren't they all your least favourites?

Felix: Oh you really get me, Teth.


Tethys: Welp, time to push this kid out. Assuming it survived the door impalement.


Here's Umbriel, first child and daughter of Tethys. Her other parent is Lilith Vatore, and she fails automatically, wooo.


Grimm: So you had your spawn. Attention now please? Attention.

Tethys: Awww I knew you loved me. Pity I have to finish this work project.


Mercury: Now I'm way too young to be a granddad right friendo?

Umbriel: Whatever, help!

Mariko: Of course you look far too young, Mr-

Mecury: Shush woman I am speaking to my friend!

Vase:...


Mercury: Oh Mum, it's OK, you've got at least one other son. Me!

Deanna: Yeah...I feel so much better.


Grimm: I'm watching you Merc, there'll be a new king in town.

Mercury: Don't you try and overthrow my favourite daughter!

Your only daughter.

Mercury: Favourite child then.


Phobos: Oh GOD this isn't going right at all.

Mercury: Oh, what?

Phobos: Anything! I'm unmarried, still not getting promotions, I may never find true companionship-

Mercury: Please prepare a man for this emotional vomit next time.


Rigel: Hey...Auntie Vela...we don't have any valuables or target practice lying around for you.

Vela: Well this is depressing...do you really believe I couldn't just want to spend time with my family?

Rigel:...No?

Vela: Fine. I want to escape my child. She has a slice of toast and some juice, she's fine.


Vela: You, you and those stupid fake-vintage glasses and that shitty waistcoat, YOU can be my target practice you PATHETIC-

Rigel: Sticks and stones etc. etc., I know I look good.

Phobos: Hey maybe she's got a point tho.


After getting a promotion, Tethys got a person over.

Freddy Hekekia: Uh why did you invite me here?

Tethys: No reason-

Freddy: Seriously what's the reason, there's a game on.

Tethys: Aren't you a charmer, just come on in.


Freddy: Well I see.

Tethys: Mmmmhm.


Tethys: My head's cold.

Freddy: Damn girl that's a convincing wig you've got!

Tethys: It's not a - what is going ON?!


This is because I updated the hair.

Anyway she got teleported over here.

Tethys: See? Just a minor error I totally have hair. Also I'm pregnant.

Freddy: So like...is it gonna be an alien?

Tethys: I'm not BALD

Freddy: But you're blue!


Grimm: Uh-uh, this is not your area, you will not sleep here!

Freddy: Come on cat,  Teth said I could-

Grimm: Well she's asleep. I'm the captain now.


Freddy: Ay you're almost as hot as Teth. Can't believe you're her grandma.

Deanna: I have a great skincare routine.

Freddy: Nahhh I bet you're one of those vamps. Look, I'm a mermaid-

Deanna: Mermaid? That's preposterous!


Freddy: HELL YEAH I'm getting with two women in one night?!

Deanna: Don't make me regret propositioning you.

Yeah so one flirt in and Deana decides she wants to bang him. OK.

Deanna: I'm way too old to beat around the bush.


Deanna: Well that wasn't worth the weirdness. You can go home now Freddy.

Freddy: Suits me.

Deanna; Am I just only attracted to jackasses?


Grimm: Eeeyeahhhh that's some good scratch!

You have a full cat tree it was expensive!

Grimm: It's just not ht same raw real claw-feel tho!


Phobos: Hey screw you! I can't believe I got replaced by a cat!

Grimm: You're projecting, Miss Teth says you never had a chance at staying here!

Phobos: That little -I coulda been the heir!


Phobos: OK I picked the wrong time to come in here.

Mercury: Heheheh that's the spot.

Phobos: Glad to see you guys have- no I'm not. Screw you, I'm not married yet so I hope y'all divorce!


Tethys: I'm one cool chick, making my way up the ranks, and-

Rigel: You're a ho leaving a string of broken hearts and I'm now above you in my career.

Tethys:...Eh, say what you like, it's your time here that's about to expire!


Mercury: So I'm done with this career. Where to next, o great voice?

A new career, you are trying to be a Renaissance Sim after all.

Mercury: Ugh but I won't be the boss anymore. I might get...shudder...told what to do!

He became a writer. A journalist later I think.


Holy shit he has the coolest name ever.

Teth you may have to hook up with him.

Tethys: He's not terrible he'll do.


Mercury: Hey don't step - stop looking at me! Stop it! I can see you!

Mariko: You really never took him to therapy?

Deanna: I'm doing homework Mariko.


Tethys: well. Here you are, I guess.

You can't be my heir, let me just set your expectations.

Umbriel: Thanks, I'm barely two.


Wooo a full failure! Haven't had one of them since Tucana I think. Oh well she's still super cute. She is silly.


Umbriel: What are you looking at?

Grimm: What are YOU looking at? Maybe this house ain't big enough for the both of us.

Umbriel: Idk you're pretty small.

Grimm: ExCUSE me?!

Mercury: Now the positioning of your arms is actually important for leg curls-

Rigel: Hey you're not doing anything, I'm the only one getting gains!

Mercury: But I am an authority! Look at these guns.

Rigel: Bringing up my skinny bird arms is LOW.

Mercury: So work even harder my son.

Umbriel:: Miss can I pls have one sandwich.

Umby is at the mercy of everyone in the house, with Teth at work.

Grimm: Hmmm. Mediocre move there.

Chase: Stop it you're putting me under so much pressure! What do you even know, you're a cat?!

Grimm Tethys is the best at video games. She says so.

How sweet. Though she is only a Level 6.

Mercury: Look who got his old job back, huh Grimmy?

Grimm: Teth actually got a promotion tho.

Mercury: Well I already did that work, let's call it even.

Grimm: Hmmm.

Comments