Drifting for Miles - House 3, Part 1

 

Bucky's hair got even bigger and he's dressed all Drifter-ly. He's on a big lot in Oasis Springs, ready to fish his way to prosperity.


Marshall: Oh ain't it great to be in nature, kid? Off the phone, living off the land. Don't you just feel amazing?

Buckthorn:...My mum just died.

Marshall: Well SHIT wish you led with that.

Buckthorn: Yeah this is gonna be pretty awkward.

RIP Iosefina, loving handywoman and sometimes-competent mother. I'm sure Freesia will miss your guitar playing.


Buckthorn: *sniff* Dead mother...and that frog log looks really slimy.

But at least we got two rare crystals. £300 baby!

Buckthorn: That's like NOTHING-


Buckthorn: I'm pretty sure I need to take these off the plants.

Right. So. An explanation. For some reason all the plants in this area are bugged, and despite there clearly being flowers ready for harvest, he can't harvest them. There's two tulips pictured on the map so I Debug'ed 2 of them onto the lot for free.

Buckthorn: Well whatever let's hope they feed me.


There was a professional fisherwoman nearby - despite the plainclothes - so Buck asked for some mentoring.

Meagan: Throw it around, young man! Bet you can do a lot with that...rod.

Buckthorn: I feel violated.


Later he did an odd job and made just enough for a bed.

Buckthorn: My scales are itchy.

We will get to that.


Freesia's siblings are still having children I guess. This is Acorn's first with his second wife, I think.


Damn Buck your hips don't lie.

Buckthorn: Shut up! Oh God it itches! Why couldn't we buy me a shower?!


There we go.

Buckthorn: But I had to do all that wooooork! And it has less pressure than the Chinese Water Torture. And my Mum is still dead-!


Wow. THANKS. We've been here ONE DAY.

And poor Bucky's got $11 to his name.

Buckthorn: Don't forget my random lawn crap, worked hard for it!


Freesia didn't waste any time moving onto her second spouse.

Freesia: Yep now it's my turn to be the cougar.


Later that night LP had his kid. Good luck with a child-hating father, Pierre.


Buckthorn: The Watcher needs to get back to ME, right sandwich? R - I need some company.

That you do. Look, build a room, get a real toilet and sink and I'll think about inviting your future spouse over.

Buckthorn: Double bed too tho. Right sandwich? - Yeah I need to hurry up.


Buckthorn: Is this supposed to entertain me? Floor books? I miss the computer.

We're a loooong way from that.


Hey, we managed to pay the bills.

Buckthorn: With video games too! And Mama Fina used to tell me it was pointless.

He did the Blicbloc odd job. And now he's about to go off to another.

Buckthorn: Grind never stops, huh?

Attaboy.


Meagan: Heya sunshine.

Buckthorn: Oh God tell me that's not my future spouse.

Nah, you're not ready yet. But she's gonna help you with fishing.

Buckthorn: As long as that's all-

Meagan: Still working that rod?

Buckthorn: That was an old joke the first time you said it, Meagan.


Meagan: Now mix up that technique. Fish tend to get bored with the same old shit.

Buckthorn: Well I may be blackout tired, but you're pretty cool Meagan!


See, I didn't do this one. Maybe poor Nalani just can't make a relationship work.


LP's father died as well.


Buckthorn:These pyjama pants are ugly! And I don't think this is enough privacy.

Yeah they are and I'll get you new ones. 


Buckthorn: Hey it's me, Buck, from school...what do you mean 'how did I get this number'? We know each other...yes, the weird blue guy. Sure, if that's what it takes to get you over.


Candice: So you WEREN'T a fever dream brought on by the stress of high school! Thank FUCK!

Buckthorn: There's nothing crazy about you except for being-

Candice: Still though! You're BLUE!

Buckthorn: My family invented blue.


Candice: We could lie on the grass, y'know.

Buckthorn: Mama Fina says this is good for the back.

Candice: But all the dirt...and germs...and maybe we should just stand up?!


Buckthorn: What do you mean you're struggling? At least you don't live on the LAWN!

Candice: Wait...that's all you got? Yikes.


Great. Well, my plans will not be interrupted so on with the show. Just befriend her really good, Bucky.

Buckthorn: On it!


Candice:...Wait. My dad was telling the truth.

Buckthorn:...What?

Candice: Years ago, he was a vendor in Sulani, where you grow up. He said he met a beautiful half-alien woman. She said her destiny was not him. I thought it must have been a dream.

Buckthorn: Mum and I are very real Candy, learn me this!

Candice: Don't call me that.


Buckthorn: See, and that's my Uncle Acorn. We're everywhere.

Acorn: Ayyy, get it my boy.

Candice: Ah, Buckthorn's a gentleman, he wouldn't put the moves on me somewhere so public.

Acorn: Sure he wouldn't.

Buckthorn: Of COURSE I wouldn't!


Buckthorn: Hang on, just checking the odd job board-

Candice: Well if you're gonna be on your phone I'll check out your 'place'. *sweeps past*

Buckthorn: Wait - ooh, the brush-past.

Candice: Think nothing of it.


Buckthorn: Yeah I really don't want to advise you on this Meagan-

Meagan: Not over the phone then? I get it. Lemme come right over.

Buckthorn: Wait, NO-


Buckthorn: You're already pregnant. 

Meagan: My question was more about the 'two under two' thing. Now work that pole.

Buckthorn: Yes ma'am.


Buckthorn:...Were you standing there the whole time I was showering?

Meagan:...No. Need anymore tips?

Buckthorn: I'm good. Goodnight now. Seriously.


The next morning our boy Buck gets his first Harvest. V proud!


Buckthorn: W-what the shit? I was supposed to sell these and make money!

You need to max gardening, so it's a large garden for you this generation. Plus it's long term investment, Buck.


Buckthorn: About time, mother.

Freesia: Well your sister's been a handful. How was I supposed to know Fina's death and my quick remarriage would cause such turmoil for my poor insane baby?

Buckthorn: You kinda answered your own question.


Freesia: Come on son, you can do better with that can! Faster-

Buckthorn: Stop. Please.

Freesia: Just trying to help!

Buckthorn: Sorry, I have an adverse reaction to older women trying to mentor me in outdoor activities.


Buckthorn: Please let me sit down.

Ain't no rest for the wicked.


Acorn's second kid was born.


Buckthorn is lonely all the time thanks to his outgoing trait.

Buckthorn: I want to speak to someone other than the plants. Or my mother! Or bloody MEAGAN-


Candice: Don't look so sad, Buck. You've made some progress.

Buckthorn: I guess I'll chin up now you're here.


Candice: Seriously...you're a decent guy. I'm glad we've connected.

Buckthorn: I couldn't be happier, especially now that you realise I'm real.

Aspen: Hi!

Buckthorn: Damn children always ruining the mood.


Candice: Oh, she's harmless. She's just stopping off on her lunch break from school.

Buckthorn: Now that's gone...damn you look fine girl.

Candice: Ooh so that's where's this going.


Buckthorn: Hell yeah Candy you'd taste fine on my lips!

Candice: TOO far.


Buckthorn: Sorry. How about...'my arm is so tired, let me rest it...'

Candice: Yeah I'll go for that.


Buckthorn: Look, I know you hate flirting. But this is more than that. I'm being honest. I like you and I can see this going somewhere.

Candice: Thanks for the straightforwardness, Buck. I'd...like that too.


Buckthorn: Was that a good kiss? Tbh I've never, y'know-

Candice: Well neither have I. Let's just say we're good.

Buckthorn: We both did good. I like that.

Comments