Perfect Genetics - Gen 2, Week 5

 

Tethys: Right, finally, this is my week.

Deanna:...Well, first we do have to go back to the Jungle for your father-

Tethys: OK, after that, it will be my damn week!

Deanna: That's the spirit, dear!


Tethys: Or it can start now. Hey girl...who I know the name of.

Sloane: Haha, I know you forgot. I'm Sloane. But that's OK Tethys.

Tethys: Well now I feel like an asshole.

Sloane: Aw, don't. Feel as cute as you are.


Rigel: That's a lot of smoke and my leg is really hot and FIRE! It's a fire!

Felix: This is how it ends, huh? I'm strangely OK with that.

Rigel: Grandpa!


Tethys: Looks like you guys have it covered, so I'll just spray it as his head to annoy him.

Deanna: Very responsible for the next heir, Teth.

Phobos: No I agree with her, let him burn a little.

Rigel: Shut up and put me out!


Mercury and Tethys: We are so Indiana Jones.

Rigel: That's not even correct-

Deanna: You are really his heir, dear.

Tethys: I feel like you just insulted the both of us, Grandma.


Two is the best amount of people for a jungle trip. And of course Deanna is the best Sim to bring, what with her many maxed skills and nondecaying needs.


Merc can now establish excavation sites which basically means they can be exploited for loads of artefacts. So maybe we can bring more of the family out here once he and Deanna finish the temple.

Mercury: Lol trowel.


The kids are taking turns. Teth and Deimos finished the one near the house so now it's Rigel and Phobos's turn.

Chase: *sigh* Your dad's the love of my life and all but he always sticks us with the unglamorous jobs.

Phobos: If I were heir-

Rigel: Dude that ship sailed ages ago, move out with that girl you're dating and live your life.

Chase: Shut up and dig so we can go home, there's mosquitoes.


Deanna: Hey vacation butler! I don't know why you're out here, but I'm always glad to see you!

Mariko: Yes, I'm sure I deliver a much higher standard of care than the home butler-

Mercury: Nah it's cos you let her use you as a bloodbag, the other one complains.


Chase: Goddammit there's bees now!

Phobos: Well that sounds like a you problem, Dad!

Rigel: My only problem is that I can't get a good pic of you cowering from this angle.

Phobos: Yeah cos who the fuck holds a phone like that, Rigel?


They reached the temple at least.

Mercury: Hey, so I got this crazy sting, maybe I should head-

Deanna: No way in hell are you fucking off home, this is your life goals here, stay and participate.

Mercury: Yes ma'am.


There's established digsites here so come on kids, your work's not done yet.

Tethys: Does this not feel like exploitation of one's children?

Deimos: Eh, stop making it worse by talking to me.

Tethys: Friendly as ever, huh?


Trap: *yeets a full skele-arm*

Mercury: Oh come on temple how is that a reasonable response!


Anyway Deanna's come to the rescue and dug up a Selvadoradian friend from her relationship panel. Get that cure, Merc!

Oscar: For a son of the beautiful Deanna, anything!

Mercury: Hey come on man...surely I'm prettier.

Oscar: Not with that green shit on your face!

I didn't end up taking more pictures but they finished the temple and Merc has so many artefacts to go through.


Mercury: Sooo...is it the archaeological life for you, son?

Rigel: Not fucking likely.


Chase:  Oh HELL no nobody better be pregnant in this house!

Deanna: Ugh I'm not raising anymore babies, so I agree - it's just me, I ate some bad food.

Chase: OK, good, but our Teth is growing up soon-

Deanna: She can raise her own babies!

Chase: Is she really going to.


De and Felix are still...

Felix: Will you miss me when I'm gone, my dear?

Deanna: I'll tolerate your memory.


Oh for fuck's-

Mariko: Mr S. I'm so sorry but I think my baby is coming...

Chase: Then go to the hospital. I'm already doing your job.

Mariko: It's too late! I'll have to have it here!

Chase: Right...let's get into action...kids! Merc! Let's clear off, give her some space!

Mariko: Wait, no!


Anyway we're having a lil bar trip.

Chase: So, the butler's having a baby in our rental-

Mercury: Whatever, she better not do it near my bed.

Rigel: That is a STUNNING lack of empathy-

Deimos: And you're surprised? Come on, I'm pretty sure this place has a TV.

Rigel: Yeah, why not.


Deimos: Really. You had to sit here.

David: Well it's close to the TV and surely you could use some company-

Deimos: You thought wrong. Fuck off now.


Tethys, however, wants to meet people.

Gabriela: Yeah I'm definitely too old for you, little girl.

Tethys: But not for long!


Gabriela: Who do you think I am? I would never DREAM of the 'jailbait wait', now git! Scram!

Tethys: OK OK I'm leaving!


Felix: Nice to meet you, you are simply enchanting.

Catrin: Why thank you.

Rigel: Hey Grandma-

Samuel: Hey, lady-

Deanna: Oh let him dream. We've been stuck together too long anyway.

Rigel: What a wonderful example of marriage.

Deanna: Your fathers have been outside flirting most of the time, look towards them.

Mercury: Well I can't help it if your other dad thinks I'm hot.


Phobos: H-

Isidora: Now what do you want, boy? What are your motives?

Phobos: Just being friendly!


Back at home...

Janet: Tethys what do you w - ooh, flower.

Tethys: For the most beautiful girl I know.

Janet: You're a bullshitter. This is bullshit.

Tethys: I'm sincere as...idk, I don't have a lot of examples, but I mean it!


Deimos: Well where are you off to looking like that?

Tethys: Oh like you care.

Deimos: Oh I don't I'm just asking annoying questions.

Tethys: Just watching TV. With a very cute girl. Whose heart I plan to break.

Deimos: That's cold, Teth. After you yelled at me about roasting that child.

Tethys: Because it was a child, Deimos.


Janet: I'm sorry I ever doubted your seriousness, Teth, you're wonderful-

Phobos: Haaaahaha but she's gonna-

Tethys: And I'm sorry we're here and can't avoid my stupid brothers.

Janet: I hardly notice them when I'm with you.


Tethys and Janet: *smooch*

Phobos: Big deal I did it first.

Deimos: Gross Teth do that in a different room.

Deanna: Did nobody teach you boys to react properly to things?

Phobos: I mean you could've, Grandma.


Tethys: Let's make this official!

Janet: Sure I'll be your girlfriend.

Rigel: Damn Teth you work fast.

Anyway Janet is now Teth's first official partner.

Rigel: Hey, Teth's new fling or whatever, stop PLAYING you SUCK!

Chase: Um he better not be!

Paolo:...Who's Teth? I'm here to catch up with Deanna.

Rigel: Come get your man then, grandma!

Chase: I mean a grilled cheese? It's so basic, so passe-

Phobos: Hey at least I cooked it without burning the kitchen down.

Chase: It's a sandwich, that's not a big deal-

Phobos: Tell that to your other son

Chase: Deimos is a better cook than you, he wouldn't make a grilled cheese-

Phobos: Rigel, do you not remember this weekend?

Tethys: Guys shut up and watch the damn movie or I'll punch you.


Mercury and Chase were having some nice flirtation until Merc decided to ruin it.

Mercury: Hmmph! You are my ball and chain, the albatross around my neck-

Chase: Bitch you wanted this too. I can't comprehend why I wanted such a brat!

Mercury: Now you're just being mean!

Chase: Oh my GOD and you're not? This is why I told Tethys men are trash!


Tethys: Get out of my way, I need to get into my damn house! Who even are you?

Hailee: Well up yours bitch, I was invited.

Tethys: By who?

Hailee: Phobos! Dunno where he is though...


Rigel: Y'know, I wonder why you didn't invite your GIRLFRIEND, Phobos.

Hailee:...OH. So it's-

Phobos: Nonono, I invited you for Deimos. My twin!

Hailee: The...one scowling into a bowl of cereal?

Rigel: That's the boy.

Tethys: Again. Idiot brothers. Let's go upstairs, bb~


Rigel also has someone over. I think these two would be a cute couple now she's grown up.

Averie: Am I not too old for the swings, Rigel? You don't still see me as a-

Rigel: Child? Nah! But you're never too old for swings!


Averie: Oh you're right, it's still fun! 

Rigel: Yeah but...uh, let's talk! About....history homework?

Deanna: Lol he's got no game.


Phobos Honestly. Some people want to use the computers.

Deimos: Yeah like me.

The screen's blank, Deimos.

Phobos: Well he's just staring into the middle distance, leave him be!


The older twins annoyed me so much that I sent them to work out. But downstairs Rigel and Averie were being nice and ~friendly.

Averie: It was nice hanging out with you, Rigel. But I gotta go.

Rigel: OK, well...come again.

Averie: Yeah, I think I will.


Tethys: You're a dog person?

Janet: Uh yeah, dogs are so fun and energetic and friendly. Don't tell me.

Tethys: Sorry girl, I like you but not as much as I love cats!

Janet: Ew, why?

Tethys: As if dogs are better, the slobbery things-

Janet:...Is this gonna work?

Tethys: Not like we have pets, why should it matter?


   Realised that Vela was stuck in labour, so went to rescue her.

Vela: This is still the last thing I want!


She had a blue baby that I named Mercedes.

 Vela: God I wish I could drive it away.


Felix: I wanna be the very best!

Phobos: Yeah old man, you keep up that running and you'll be the very deadest.


Mercury:  So. How are things going with the girlfriend?

Tethys: She doesn't like cats.

Mercury: So?

Tethys: So, I love cats! Real good knowledge of your 'favourite' there Dad.

Mercury: Dear, you are my favourite, do you think I've been asking the boys about their lives at all?


Deanna maxed guitar;.

Deanna: As was inevitable.


The next morning it was birthday time for the twins, yay!

Advaith: Yaaaayyy!

Deimos: Wow you just ruined my perfect alone birthday, fie and shame on you.

Advaith: Hahahaha what are you gonna do, fire me? You're getting kicked out.

Deimos: Oh screw this let's get it over with!


Tethys: Good morning guys! Happy birthday and good riddance.

Deimos: Screw you Teth, you thankfully missed mine.

Tethys: Cool, we agree. What's your new trait?

Deimos: Self-Assured.

Deanna: Yeah now he's really confident in being a total asshole.


Phobos: Guess who's a genius?

Tethys: Not you? Anyone but you?

Deimos: Yeah it's hard to believe.

Phobos: Oh screw you guys I don't need you.

Deimos: And I don't need anyone.


Chase: ...Who's that?

Alberto: I'm Mercury's nephew. Aldebaran's kid.

Chase: Who's that?

Alberto: Yeah this family is definitely way too big.


Chase: Why are you two doing this in a bathroom?

Phobos: I'm just saying, I would be good at leading the family-

Felix: I really don't care, your dad says your taxi comes in an hour.


Here they are. They got some YA looks and a flash apartment in San Myshuno. Live your life well, boys!


Deanna also got a makeover.

Deanna:...This means you're keeping me in the house to raise Tethys' babies?

....Maybeeee.


Tethys: Sure I wanna go hang out with some random middle-aged man alone in his house!

Cooper: Really?

Tethys: No! *hangs up*


Kids are at a karaoke bar.

Averie: Ohmygosh, Tethys! There you are! I wanted to hang out with you again, you were soooo cool telling off Deimos like that last week-

Tethys: Uh, thanks. Hey, Rigel would like to sing a duet with-

Averie: I think you have a really good voice tho, we could do one!

Rigel: Thanks for trying, Teth.


The first of Gen 1 is dead. RIP Tucana.


The twins got their way, duet time!

Averie: This is actually really fun!

Rigel: Yeah and Teth actually really can't sing.

Averie: Really?


Mariko: Life may suck sometimes but you always have ME!

Tethys:...Vacation butler? But - this isn't Selvadorada. And this is also a bathroom!

Mariko: I shotgun married once of your cousins over the weekend. We are family now, I am here for you.

Tethys: Oh lord. 


Back at home Teth had someone over. It's, well...

Sloane: Bitch please I saw you making out with Janet in the music room, why are you flirting with me?

Tethys: Weeeeelll do I have a great explanation for you...yes, by tomorrow.

Sloane: Oh fuck this. Goodbye!


Deanna: Oh SOB how many of my children will I outlive?

Advaith: A majority of them, ma'am.

Not helping dude.


Mercury: Oh ancient knife, how mad you drive me! Voices of the gods swirl in your head!

I don't think the knife did it, Mr Erratic from Childhood.

Also he maxed archaeology here. All he has to do now is give a lecture without boring the recipient, and write one book, and that's his third aspiration down!


Also more grief is coming because Felix has 0 days left according to MCCC. He and Dede have wishes for each other, which is sweet.

Deanna: I will miss you, even if you work my last nerve.

Felix: How 'bout we work on something else, wink wink-

Deanna: You'll - oh, right. Yeah, what the hell, let's go.


Nylah: So you're dumping Janet, right?

Tethys: Yeah, for sure. But let's not talk about her!

Nylah: Yeah, alright Teth.

Pollux: Lol holy shit my niece has hoes.

Tethys: Go away or I'm shoving your glasses down your throat.


Nylah: Your clothes are SHIT! Your hair, shit! Your cat lover trait, a lie!

Tethys: Hey I'm gorgeous and we didn't have room for a cat before!

Nylah: Fie on you, sir, I say fie!

Tethys: Now you know I'm a lady!


Later, Chase's brother Channing died. Despite having barely met him the kids got sad.

Rigel: Aw I'm gonna beat you!

Averie: You may be grieving but I ain't letting you win!

Felix: It is Grim! I can feel his presence upon me!

Tethys: Grandpa save the dramatics for when you are actually dead, please.


Felilx: Aha, there's death! Suck it Tethys...wait, I'm actually dying. Shit. Almost forgot that part.


Chase: Yikes...Grim needs a manicure.

Deanna: Is this really what we're focusing on? Oh Rigel, don't cry he - you're not Rigel.

Elliott: *sniff* Poor Tethys' grandpa, 'tis so sad.

Deanna: Kid. Go home. This is a family affair.


Deimos was passing by and tried to join the party, but the room was too full.

Deimos: Eh, I just wanna be let in to grab some paints I forgot. I don't wanna see them, there'll be so many emotions.

So he's here, but Merc and Tethys decided to stay asleep. Guess they're busy dreaming about having more control of the legacy.


Chase:...I'm stuck.

Deanna: He lived two retirements and I'm still young...first my daughter and now him.

Chase: That's what happens when you're a vampire, Deanna.

Deanna: Don't sass me. Do you not want me to help unstick you?


Poor De.

Grim: So. You're a beautiful immortal lady, and I'm Death, what are you doing after this?

Deanna: Seriously? Have some sensitivity here, Grim, come on!


The next morning Merc's also feeling the loss.

Deanna: Now son, I know it's hard-

Mercury: No *sniff* just don't want to hand over the legacy.

Deanna: Merc I am a vampire and I can read your mind. I know you miss him.

Mercury: Well I'm sad about that too, but he was an - sorry, Mum.

Deanna: Oh no you're right, but I do miss the fool.


Mercury: Why are you so sad it's my dad that's dead!

Chase: Well1 First of all I saw more of it than you! Second of all, my brother just died, Merc, not everything is about you!


Deanna is the saddest but is handling this with the most grace. I'm also having her use the 'Help Out' interaction to, well, help the kids with their sad moods.


Aaaaaand Orion died. We just need to go through this one more time with the Al twins, and then we're in the clear for a while. I think.


Mercury: Sorry about earlier, darling. I've come to my senses and realised, my dad was a dick and I was always the better leader of the family.

Chase: Yeah, not like I was that close to Channing.


Mercury: You married me knowing just how detached I am from my conscience.

Chase: Yeah 'cos I am too, I just make more of an effort to hide it.

Mercury: And that's why we work, dear.


Averie's here AGAIN and I'm really gonna try to seal the deal. Deanna consoled Rigel properly and everything so he's in a great mood.

Averie: Right, so this is the university I'm looking at, and this is just a beautiful white formal gown.

Rigel: W-wedding dress?


Deimos: Well if it isn't-

Averie: I thought you moved out, asshole.

 Rigel: Yeah...isn't the city enough for you?

Tethys: Just don't finish that sentence and leave 'em alone.


Chase: Ayyy get it son.

Averie: I am so uncomfortable.

Rigel: At least they're trying to ruin mine and Teth's love lives equally.


Embarrassing fathers gone, Rigel and Averie shared their first kiss.

Averie: I always thought I'd do this somewhere romantic...

Sutherlands don't typically deal in romantic, my dear, sorry.


Averie: Oh whatever! You've always been so hot and so kind, Rigel!

Rigel: From the day my brother was an asshole to you for no reason, I knew I wanted this!

Averie: That' wasn't that long ago, but..

Rigel: Tbh I had no idea you existed before that, like you were not very memorable when we were in grade school together-

Averie: Just stop talking.    


Then they had sex in Rigel's embarrassing dads' bed. As you do.


Meanwhile Tethys is getting a cat.

Teth: It's nice to meet you little ones!

Bacon: *sniffff*

Grimm: Ugh I'm too good for this.


Grimm: Thooooo she's not the worst.

Tethys: Far from it bby, here's a treat.

Junior: You're so good with these cats...you can take them all!

Tethys:...I really don't have room for that, but OK.


Junior: Grimm! You do not scratch the buyers! How else am i gonna offload you suckers to them?!

Grimm": But...I was playing...

Tethys: Y'know what?! I'll take him and you can jog on, dude. To think I was considering sleeping with you once I become legal tomorrow!


Aiko: Let's get out of this dump, boss.

Junior: Sure, what do you say, girlie?

Tethys: Go, but I'm keeping Grimm.

Junior: Do it. Also, nice ass.


Tethys: It's just you and me now, we're gonna have so much fun!

Grimm:...This may have been an out of the frying pan, into the fire sort of situation.


Grimm: What did I DO?!

Averie: You! New pussy on the scene, you better not take my Rigel!

Grimm:...Great, I've gotta deal with her.

Don't worry she won't be around full-time.


Grimm: I'm making a break for it! Sorry Ms Teth, but I gotta be freeeeee!


I cannot photograph rooms for shit but I'm quite proud of what I built for Teth.


Grimm: Actually it is quite big and dark and scary out here I will hop back home! *jump jump jump*


Dipper and Lauren are having a third kid.


Mercury; Jeez...this thing has spirit! And sharp claws.

Grimm: *cute but aggressive mew* And teeth! Hisss!

Mercury: Please don't bite me with those!


Mercury: Awww you're so cute! Who's a good kitty, you're a good kitty - please do not bite me.

Grim: Mew!

He's doing this by himself, the big softie.

Mercury: Only cos nobody else's awake.


Mercury: I may be passing my legacy on to my darling daughter Tethys...but I look damn good doing it at least!


Tethys: This time is gonna be a lil different...in lieu of some husband, you'll be a great co-ruler by my side.

Grimm: Mew?


Deanna crying in Felix's bed...she really does miss him.

Deanna: It's also just *sniff* a really long time since I've been in a bed.


Tethys: It may be my last night as a teenager, so I'm just gonna...do something I've always wanted to.

Sloane: And that is...


Mariko is here.

Mariko: You disrespectful little shit I am not just 'vacation butler' and I WILL be greeted properly-

Rigel: Hey, I don't know your name!

Mariko: You're not helping your case!


This is what Tethys was doing when I went back over to her. I meant kiss her Teth, what the shit.

As you can see I cancelled out the action to do things the normal way.


They're a cute couple but Sloane's still a teen for a bit and Teth must make headway on her aspiration.


Anyway it's her birthday now. Her dads are out and Deanna is probably mourning again so...

Tethys: Growing up with only the weird butler, a joy.

Advaith: Ah, it's a shame your fathers can't be here, but I am so proud-

Tethys: No really I'd rather be alone.


I forgot to get anymore pictures of the birthdays because I suck. Oh well. Anyway here is Rigel helping out his sister a bit.

Rigel: Neither me nor my twin are technically single, but Teth sure acts like she is!

Lilith: I really wasn't asking.

Rigel: Whatever. Plasma pack?

Comments