Drifting for Miles - House 1, Part 5

Roxana: Woooow, that was almost worth the prospect of another baby.

Miles: *pant* Both is good.

Roxana: Ehhhh...


Roxana: We are so screwed.

Tbh probably.


Acorn: Freesia, what's pregnant?

Freesia: Ooooohhh no. Well, we're getting another sibling. Try bonding with Hyacinth over your shared status as middle child.

Acorn:...No thanks!

Freesia: Ah, that's what both of us said about you. You'll get used to it.


Roxana sits down for a breakfast with her children.

Roxana: So...your father and I are having another baby!

Hyacinth: Wut.

Freesia: Aky and I already know. He's been smacking that highchair table for five minutes.

Acorn: *slam* No THANKS!


I like these Sentiments, don't get me wrong, but they don't make sense sometimes. What do you mean you can't explain it? Maybe it's because you're happily married?


Obviously Miles does most of the childcare but Roxana's been a lot better with Acorn than the girls so far. 

Acorn: Tell me more!

Roxana: And the little girl flew into the air...

Acorn: Now that sounds like a good time.


Freesia: So. Yet another kid to be overshadowed by.

Hyacinth: Shut up.

Freesia: You'll be an even lower priority.

Hyacinth: You're the same!

Freesia: Meh, I've made my peace with it.

The girls spend most of their time like this. They're actually quite close.

Freesia: We're stronger together.


Acorn: Books are dumb! *rips*

If you carry on like that you won't be your mother's favourite anymore.

Acorn:...I am already?


Family dance party.!

Acorn: But what about Hyacinth?

Roxana: Well, the thing is...

Freesia: She still hates you for whatever reason. I mean, me? Pure indifference. But we can't all be this cool.

Acorn: And Dad?

Roxana: Now that is a notable absence.

Freesia:...That's a reason.


Roxana: God this kitchen is such a mess...it hurts my soul.

Freesia: Bitch where?

Hyacinth: Bitch right there.

Freesia: *snigger*

Roxana: Oh, aren't you girls soooo clever?


Miles: Goddammit, what'd I spent 3 grand on this thing for?

Stupid appliances.


Roxana there's toilets, you don't have to throw up into a bowl.

Roxana: Very funny, you know this is my best attempt at chips and salsa.

That's your best?

Roxana:...I know, right?


Freesia: Do you even lift bro?

Miles: Not...the time...Freesia! *grunt*

Freesia: Seriously, all that gardening and carting offspring everywhere and you can't even vibe on the lowest setting.

Miles: Well that's why you practice things, isn't it?

Freesia: Nah. When I grow up I'll be awesome at everything naturally.

Let her learn...


This picture of Miles and Roxana shows one thing - it's fully nighttime, past midnight, and Nalani was NOT HERE.

Maybe she's working things out with her husband. Maybe she got a fricking hobby.

Either way, I almost missed her.


Freesia: You're looking oddly happy. Why?

Hyacinth: Can't I enjoy cereal on a Monday morning?

Freesia: Sure, but it's odd.

Hyacinth: ...Fine, there's a reason. Wait for it.


Acorn: Cleeeaaaan me!

Miles: How did you get all that dirt in your bed?

Acorn: It wasn't ME.

Miles: Well who else would it be?


Roxana: This stuff is actually kinda easy...why didn't I do more before?

Miles: Yeah...not like I could have used the help.

Roxana: You did seem to have it down, even with the girls being as difficult as they were.

Acorn: Come on Mum even I know that's sarcasm.


Roxana: Dammit I knew I forgot the oil!


Why is he so far away?

Miles: For his manners. After how the girls ended up, this one needs to learn to listen.

Acorn: I want to listen, I just can't hear!


Miles: F L A S H C A R D S?

Hyacinth:...He's been rummaging in the bin for a solid minute now. You might wanna get him, Mum throws away lab stuff in there.


Freesia: I bet people wonder how it feels to be this awesome!

Our little Self-Assured heir right there.

Freesia: Would they rather I lack self-esteem? If I have to be a Sutherland I'm gonna accept that shit. Oooh, bet social media eats up dysfunctional family stories.


Hyacinth: Awwww, Nalani, we missed you sooo much last night.

Nalani: Well sorry about that! Your Auntie's husband threw her a party.

Acorn: Hmph that was sarcasm too you stalker!

Hyacinth: Yeah, about that...nice age lines.

Nalani: Thanks. That's what he said. He also threw the party on the wrong day. So....


Nalani: Why did I ever leave Sulani...

Freesia: What's Sulani?

Nalani: Oh, just paradise. Beautiful tropical weather, beaches for miles, a pristine ocean...houses built over water, dolphins...

Freesia: Yeah, you're an idiot.

Nalani: Well sometimes you have a quarter-life crisis and travel without savings, OK?

Freesia: Couldn't be me.

*cough*


Nalani: Thank you for letting me celebrate my birthday in my own way here.

Miles: You're an adult. Why I didn't notice a change!

Nalani: You flatter me, Miles. Your daughter, however, had a different opinion.

Miles: I'm so sorry for H - F - whichever one it was.


The next morning, Miles tends his garden while in the kitchen, Acorn sobs.

Acorn: I want a BAAAAATH!

Hyacinth: And what am I gonna do about it? Little frickin' idiot!


Meanwhile...

Miles: They were being so mature and responsible today, such good kids. I can definitely trust them by themselves while I plant these grapes.


Miles: Did either of our sisters give you - what am I saying, that's crazy. They don't even like you. Let's have breakfast now.

Acorn: They don't like me?

Miles: Eh...um...we can talk about this over some delicious puree.


Two minutes later...

Acorn: Oooh...applesauce, so fun and gloopy...what was I thinking about before the gloop? Ah, never mind.


Miles: So your sisters...

Acorn: What about them?

Miles: You don't remember?

Acorn: Remember what?

Miles: Never mind then, everything is peachy in your world then, Aky!

Acorn: I know that. Do you? Dad's weird...


Hyacinth: It's not that big a deal.

Freesia: She said my shirt and overalls were passe!

Hyacinth: Exactly. I know for a fact that twerp's in my class, so once you're a teenager you can beat her up easy.

Freesia: That's the problem. I've got no opportunity to get what's mine. What sort of honour comes in beating up a fifth-grader when you're fourteen?

Hyacinth: Honour's for suckers, sis.


Hyacinth: That's a great clothing haul...now whereabouts are those credit cards?


Freesia: Last go on the monkey bars...childhood hasn't been all bad. Now to help my parents raise the fourth kid they definitely can't handle.


Freesia: Hey Dad I'm about to be as big as you.

Miles: Wow...yeah. Where did the time go? I'm getting so old.

Freesia: I won't disagree. In about a day or so you and Mum will look it.

Miles: Has anybody told you to have a filter, Freesia?

Freesia: Shouldn't that be you?


Freesia: Eh, I already feel disaffected.

She's cute! But she needs a makeover.


It's done. She got Loves the Outdoors, so I gave her a casual-ish style, but with some girly features. Aspiration is Joke Star.

I think she's really pretty; she has Miles' colouring with his eye shape, but Roxana's nose and mouth. I was hoping for some of Roxana's colouring, but no dice.


Freesia: Well whaddya know maybe it was the outfit. I feel a lot better.

Glad to hear it.


This is Tania Fraley. She's really pretty. But I know for a fact we explicitly cannot pick the spouse for next generation this way.

Freesia: Plus she looks stuffy, and you can't make me say hi. I am OUT!

Tania: Whatever bitch, your house is trashy anyway.


Simzee the Cowplant: ROOOOAAAAAAAARRR!

Nalani: You sure that thing's safe, Freesia?

Freesia: Please, Auntie Nalani, it's a softie at heart! Plus, I'm a teenager now, you don't have to protect me.

Nalani; I'm just saying. Thing looks like it's gonna rip your head off.


Miles: Did you handle the cowplant? You know you're not supposed to-

Nalani: I knew you shouldn't be doing that.

Miles: Family matter, Nalani.

Freesia: Ooooh, are you saying she isn't family?

Miles: Don't try to change the subject Missy, I mean young lady. Be careful with that thing, it's got a bite like a crocodile.


Got more house stuff. House is almost fully finished. I mean, we passed the 30k mark a while ago but there's still a room or two to be lit and furnished properly.


Nalani: Now, Simzee...I wonder, do you have any particular tastes? Like, for cheating asshole nerds in a pretentious jacket?


Another part of the remodel is a larger table.

Hyacinth: Oh God does this mean they expect family dinners? I...I don't think I'm strong enough!


Roxana's up too.

Why are you making eggs at 1.30am Roxana?

Roxana: Because I'm having a baby and I'm hungry!

Say the line!

Roxana:...Because I've lost control of my life.

Good.


A reasonable time in the morning...

Freesia: Well this seems safe.

Simzee: *heavy panting and drooling*


Freesia:...Well fuck I've never been more wrong about anything in my life.


Instead of, I don't know, showering off the cowplant gunk, Freesia decided to grill some skewers on the new barbecue.

Freesia: What, don't you like it when we autonomously use new things? Plus I'm still hungry.


Hyacinth: So does all this make me the smartest sibling?

Miles: There's not a lot of competition considering your sister just did the one thing I told her not to, your youngest sibling isn't even born yet and your brother is a toddler-

Acorn: Hey, I'm plenty smart. Got all my skills to Level 3!

That he did, Acorn is best boi.


Speaking of the youngest sibling, they're on their way! Roxana actually went into labour like an hour ago ingame, I just let Miles finish his meal because she was sleeping happily through it.

But I got impatient so I sent him to wake her up.

Miles: Babe how are you sleeping through labour, didn't you say it was horrendously painful-

Roxana: I said that with Freesia. Now? Meh.


This is Daisy, the FINAL child of this generation. I said it about Acorn but I mean it this time. Four is usually my max after all. No more kowtowing to Miles' whims.

Anyway as we can see she has the pale skin that Miles and Freesia share. No normal-coloured babies for this family.


Acorn is the first to meet Baby Daisy, as the older girls are in school. He's not very happy.

Acorn: Am I not a good enough baby?

I mean you're a great kid, but today you'll grow out of being a baby...

This also made me realise that just for today, Milana have a child in each minor lifestage, which I don't think I've had before.


Hyacinth: I can't believe you spilled that cowplant gunk on me

Freesia: Whatever, I said I was sorry!

Hyacinth: Yeah, sure. Anyway, time to meet the latest dumb baby I guess?

Freesia: Bitch please, at least you aren't compelled to help out.

Hyacinth:...Aren't we free of control?

Freesia: Yes, but...I've heard something often makes teenagers want to help with their baby siblings.

Hyacinth: Ew, why.


Roxana came out to say hi.

Roxana: Yeah, so she was born six or so hours ago, she looks just like you...I mean all babies have the same face, but she's got you and your father's skintone.

Freesia: Awwww that sounds so cute, I need to hold - dammit!

Roxana: You can hold her.

Freesia: Sure - I mean, I don't want to!

Lol from this angle you can see where Freesia got her, ahem, body shape from lmao. Roxana is making my back hurt just looking at her.


It's Acorn's birthday.

Miles: Grow up well, my son!


Acorn is adorable. He got the Loves Outdoors trait like his dad and biggest sister, and the Social Butterfly Aspiration. A fitting goal for a Charmer toddler, even if it's never getting completed.


I knew the teens would get obsessed with the grill and...yeah, I put it in anyway and I regret it.

Roxana: What you got going there?

Freesia: Burgers...but the secret ingredient was not this much charcoal! *cough* Agh so much smoke!

Roxana: LMAO good luck.


Due to the Super Green Thumb trait Miles' garden needs tending way less often...that backfired because now he has nothing to skill on. Apart from the bonsai tree, but he has to level up to be able to regrow and trim it repeatedly. So, research.

Miles: I concur...that this is a grape. Probably used in wine or some shit.


Acorn: Well damn Mum, aren't we lucky to have this beautiful outdoor area? I could sit out here forever enjoying the desert evening.

Roxana: Well, a sweet kid, who's a thunk it?


With all their kids asleep, Milana get to be their soppy selves. Normally I stop them because it makes things awkward lol

Also, no Nalani tonight.

Roxana: I love our children, but more than that I love you, Miles.

Miles: I'm...not sure if you should be explicitly ordering us, Rox. ...I love you to bits too tho.


And a kiss under the stairs!

Now to bed with you two, you're tired.


This isn't bed.

Roxana: Ooooh, Miles...

Seriously you two aren't teenagers anymore. You're having your adult birthday tomorrow.

Roxana: Well why not keep the magic alive? *giggle*


Hyacinth: Now why would I be scared of you, Simzee? You're twice my size and murderously carnivorous but...OK, I'm scared, Dad was right. Don't tell him!


Freesia's actually fine here, she's just still feeling the aftereffects of her tip inside the cowplant.

Freesia: Four washes later and my hair still smells like an intestine.


Birthday time for the adults! Roxana goes first because her notification came last night. But it's easier to do both together.


Miles: Erm...I'm not so sure about this...I don't really want to grow older. Surely I could wrangle something in the garden, as my father did.

Roxana: Miles I am not gonna be the only one with wrinkles, blow the frickin' candles out.


Now I normally like the multitasking system in this game, but...what the fuck is this? Are you eating with the clippers?

Miles: After gardening for so long you get bored of using the tools normally.

Surely that's not sanitary.


It was around then I remembered I wanted to give Milana adult makeovers. Roxana's still at work, but here's Miles!

Miles: Holy SHIT this sweater is comfortable. If Adults don't have to be cool, then I'm down.

You don't have a choice, but glad you're accepting your ageing.


Freesia: OW, neck cramp-

Hyacinth: Acorn your pyjamas offend me.

(No I don't know why they keep going in their pyjamas either)

Acorn: So? Too bad. Feast your eyes. Feast them. Behold me, the patterned banana boy.

Hyacinth: That doesn't make you seem cool y'know!

Freesia: Ugh, now I've got a headache from you two.


Look who's here!

Hyacinth: Oh...you again.

Nalani: Nice to see you too, Hyacinth.

Hyacinth: Pleasure ain't mine.

Acorn: Miss Nalani, do you not have a home?

Nalani: Well...it's complicated.

Hyacinth: Seriously, don't ask her about her shit life.


Freesia: And there she goes crying, with one of my parents around. I KNEW this would happen!

Nalani: Let your Auntie handle it, Freesia. You know, I've always wanted a baby of my own...

Freesia: WELL if you kidnap my sister I'm gonna get grounded, so no thanks!

Honestly my heart breaks for her.


So I took matters into my own hands.

Nalani: Why are you so smug, Miles?

Miles: Just you wait. The Watcher's sick of watching you suffer, so she's gonna throw you a bone.

Nalani: Now you say that...I feel like some force is overtaking me. Like...I have the courage to do what I've needed to for nearly twenty years...

Miles: You go girl.


Nalani: Hello Gavin.

Gavin: What do you want, woman?

Miles: Ooooh I'm so ready for her to stick it to this asshole.


Nalani: I want to tell you that I'm done. That I don't need you anymore. That you've treated me unacceptably and it's time for you to get out of my life, Gavin.


Gavin: Please, you're bluffing. So now you grow a spine? How are you gonna keep up payments on
this place with your fast-food job, huh? No way you're doing this.

Nalani: Ohhh, but I am. It's long overdue.


Miles: *satisfaction*

Gavin: Well what do I do now ? All my roommates split off years ago.

Nalani: Too bad, that's not my problem! You were so complacent you never put your name on this place. So get out!


Nalani: Goodbye, Gavin.

And with that, we move onto Part 6, where Daisy and Hyacinth will have their toddler and teen birthdays respectively. Also, Nalani will hopefully find happiness.

Comments