Drifting for Miles - House 1, Part 4

 Welcome back to...whatever this is now. Milana have just had their third kid Acorn-

Roxana: No, I had him.

And he, along with middle child Hyacinth are growing up this post.

Freesia is probably at school right now yelling 'Hey I'm the most important tho'

She is.


Fun new glitch: Acorn shows up pale in the bassinet even though he's bright blue when Miles holds him.

Miles: Now that's neither of our skin tones.

Dw Roxana hasn't been stepping out.

Miles: Of course not, she's been too busy sleeping on the floor. Right and I'm irresistible of course.

Sure.


Roxana: Lol this kid is literally Satan.

Hyacinth: You betcha. I'm not forgiving you for making me a middle child anytime soon.

Roxana: That's your father's problem, sweetie.


Roxana: I'm sure you two will get along swimmingly-

Hyacinth: Don't try, demon.

She was literally just trying to COMFORT the kid.

Miles: Yes, she was sad because she broke her own dollhouse.

Roxana: Why are we parents?

Miles: I dunno, wanna get married?


Freesia: It's not fair! I'm supposed to be important.

Hyacinth: Oooh, is that so?

Hyacinth: See Dad, Freesia agrees too. We nearly outnumber you.

Freesia: Why don't I get a birthday this post?

Miles: Please just learn these flashcards, I'm not raising idiots.


So. Sentiments update. This is my first sim to get one, and it's literally this Lucifer of a child holding a grudge against her mother for trying to COMFORT her.


Perhaps a sentiment will come of Milana finally tying the knot. I always seem to delay weddings, but no way could I be bothered to plan one. So...elopement.

Miles: Remember what I said about getting married?

Roxana: No time like the present.


Roxana: I'm glad I met you, hobo. Glad we built this life together. But seriously, we need to do something about that shitty unfinished exterior.

Miles:...I'm working on it!


She clearly doesn't really mind.


Miles: SHIT who's in here?

Freesia: Uh, me. Don't worry Dad, there's a curtain...just don't walk to where that toilet is.

Miles: OMG I'm so sorry and embarrassed-

Freesia: Then leave, jeez.


On cue...

Nalani: Hey, kid. Nice dance moves.

Freesia: Whoooo somebody noticed!

Nalani: Wow, only now? Damn Miles, don't ignore your little spitfire here just 'cos she's older-

Miles: We've been very busy, OK!

Freesia: Yeah. They went outside and 'did marriage' or something.

Nalani: Thanks for the invite.


Roxana: Miles what are you doing?

Miles: I really need to go...

Hyacinth: I'm just gonna stare into - where are my bubbles woman?

Roxana: *sigh* I hope this water's holy.


Miles: Shall we finally get started on the wedding night?

Roxana: I'd like nothing more than - oh, wait, Nal-

Nalani: It's cool I'll just look at the wall.

Miles:...No, leave!


The next morning, Miss Demon has her mother read her a story.

Roxana: She wouldn't let me unless she got to stand that far away.


Roxana: UGH, what's all that trash doing here?

Hyacinth: I'm right in front of you!

Roxana: No, that garbage pile on the floor.

Hyacinth: Dad just fixed the radio.

Roxana: And can't clean up after himself? Hmph!


Hyacinth has actually started listening to her dad.

Miles: Come on, you can do this.

Hyacinth: This is the third time. I'm bored.

Miles: Last time, I promise!

Hyacinth: You said this last time!


Freesia's very satisfied with life.

Freesia: Feels good to be this cool. Coolest of all my siblings in fact-

One of them is a hellspawn and the other is an average baby.

Freesia:...That still doesn't change that I'm the best!


Considering how slow I am at evolving this might be a problem.

Failing it doesn't mean I fail the house, but I still wanna get this done.

Miles: Yeah not like it's my life's goal or something.


Miles: Still, this is good progress.

My man Miles went to go fish for this Cowplant berry, and it was the first thing he caught.

Seriously, luckiest Sim I've played. It took Rivella 4 and a half fishing skills and many hours to get hers.


This means Freesia was left to hang out by herself.

Freesia: They just don't appreciate me. Oh, and they left me by myself with my baby siblings, so there's that as well.


Roxana got promoted.

Behold her beautiful promotion face.

Roxana: I know I'm *yawn* beautiful, I nearly Bred Out the Ugly. I'm tired!

Nothing new then.


Hyacinth: This. This is good.

Miles: Stop being vaguely threatening, you're five.

Hyacinth: Please, you've all called me devil since I was two.


She got a makeover...and she is Squeamish. That's the reason for the pout.

Hyacinth: Why is this place such a mess?

Might be nicer if you weren't such a little horror.

Hyacinth: Maybe the family should stop calling me names and face up to their mistakes.


...Why? You have a perfectly good bed inside.


Nalani: And the police came, there were soooo many sirens and officers-

Hyacinth: OK, Nalani, enough about your weekend. I'm going to bed.

She's lying, she spends alll her evenings here.

Hyacinth: LMAO that's sad.


One thing I love about this family is that they actually use things that aren't either necessities or computers. Freesia loves the toys and Roxana has her books.

Freesia: Now you tell me YOUR idea for a toddler-bed booby-trap!


WHY

Roxana: What am I doing wrong this time?

Nothing! Keep repairing. It's just the damn plumbing...


Lol Miles got beaten to the bathroom by his own daughter.

Miles: No I didn't1 Not cool, Hy, I got here first.

Hyacinth: Cry about it somewhere else.


Both sisters: I'm so glad I'm nothing like her.


Roxana: Piece of sh - are you kidding me?!


Hyacinth: Ugh, she's here.

Freesia: You're just mad you'll never be better than me.

Slow down Gina Linetti.

Anyway, Hyacinth is actually mad about her own mother being in the room. She's still holding that grudge.


Miles: Well. Another toddler. Life's about to get difficult.

Acorn: Why would I want that, Dad?

Miles: Huh.

Acorn's a Charmer, and he's looking pretty girly, given the sarong and the hair. Let's make him over.


The kids are home.

Freesia: I understand Mum now...I could sleep here, I'm so tired!

Hyacinth: Heh.

Freesia: Why are you so happy, you stink!

Hyacinth: I mean, you're being pretty pathetic. Which is fun!


He is absolutely ADORABLE.

Miles: Shall we skill?

Acorn: Yay! Doing things with Dad and listening to him!

Miles: I love you so much, kid.


Freesia: Thanks, I hate it.

Sorry kid, no other rooms.

Freesia: What about the rest of the floor?

...Under construction. Money is tight.


Second bathroom complete, thanks to Roxana's paycheque!

Freesia: Do you MIND?


The next morning...

Miles: Look, honey, he can almost use it by himself!

Acorn: Daaaad you're embarrassing me!


Hyacinth: YOU.

Roxana: You need to get over this.

Acorn: What happened?

Hyacinth: She can't keep her hands to herself!

Roxana: I tried to hug my crying toddler, is that a crime?

Also hi Roxana's third outfit, making its debut three weeks after she was put in the world.


Milana - still disgusting even after like fifteen years and three kids together.

Miles: Well how's my amazing wife doing this morning? Did you get new clothes?

Roxana: These? They were just lying around, darling. You look good.

Acorn: Really? Right in front of my sandwich?


Freesia: Quick. Miss Doll, here's your helicopter! Go! The Feds are closing in!


Roxana: Ah, boys will be boys. Just don't drop him on his head.

Being a Sutherland is like being dropped on the head.

Acorn:...Whaaa...?

Miles: Don't listen to her! Let's spin!!


Freesia: Mother.

Roxana: Kid.

Freesia: We don't talk a lot anymore do we?

Roxana: Did we ever? I work long hours, and you have a perfectly good father.

Freesia: All he cares about lately is my shitty little brother. Thanks for that.

Roxana: Not my idea!


Hyacinth: - so, the dolls come alive at night. And I don't think they like you. They can be pretty sick.

Acorn: Well what's a boy to do?

Hyacinth: You could start by listening to everything I say.

Acorn: I guess if it saves me!


Roxana: We can do it too, look here!

Acorn: Will it help me against the evil dolls, Mama?

Miles:...Hyacinth you shouldn't be telling your brother stories!

Hyacinth: Aw come on it was funny.


Roxana: How come HE can comfort a toddler, yet one of hte other ones still hates me doing the same?

Hyacinth and Acorn are different kids...

Plus Miles' Family-Oriented trait gives him 'Soothe' which is the same thing but I guess it's more effective? IDK.


Freesia: Screw this, time to hang out with the dolls.

Hyacinth: That's my evening ruined then...

Roxana:...Have I failed as a parent somewhere?

Freesia: Think of the conversation we had this morning, and then think about that statement again.


There's no lost love between Nalani and Hyacinth.

Nalani: You're still a little brat then, huh?

Hyacinth: Still rather have my life than yours.


Roxana: Don't worry about your childlessness. Motherhood isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Nalani:...That wasn't my dissatisfaction but thanks, friendo.

Hyacinth: She does realise I'm right here?


Miles is out for a nice jog.

Miles: Not so nice right now, I'm getting creeped on.

Gemma: I'd tap that ass.


Milana - STILL DISGUSTING.

Nalani: I concur! Hey guys.

Roxana: Oh, Miles, you-

Miles:...Do you mind?

Along with Nalani, their perpetual third wheel.


The next morning....

Hyacinth: I really wish you guys had come alive. I wanna be the youngest again.


This is a screenshot of what is probably a huge mistake. Miles whimmed Try for Baby, he was low on fun so...I made it happen.

We will see next time how this pans out.



















Comments