Drifting for Miles - House 1, Part 3

 


I know the interaction's just for toddlers in-game, but I like to think that Miles is reading to both his daughters.

Freesia: Noooo, storytimes are Freesia-only!


I am very, very glad this isn't an ISBI.


Tomax: Hey.

Do we know you?

Tomax: No, what does that matter. I wanna use some of those frogs in the yard for my potions, but-

Sigh. I swear, if an alien shows up we'd have got the full occult set.


And the mermaid's the only one who's invited!

Nalani: Oh Roxana, you can barely tell you had two babies, you look the same as ever.

Roxana: Aw, you don't have to flatter me to be welcome here, Nalani, you're my friend.

Nalani: Then as your friend...maybe go to bed? Miles seems concerned.


He has every right to be.


Nalani: Ugh, you stink. This was not in the Auntie Handbook. But..both your parents are a little useless right now.

Miles is on his way back, don't worry.

Nalani: Really? I'm out then!


As is obvious by the pyjamas, Roxana did in fact go to bed. For about an hour before Hyacinth's crying woke her up.

Nalani: You wanna go...back to bed?

Roxana: Nonsense, I'm completely rested!


The next morning (with Roxana in bed, finally), Freesia woke up rather displeased.

Freesia: I knew that baby would change things! Once I was fed in my chair, now I eat off the floor like a pet!

Just eat your taco, diva.


Roxana: Don't feel neglected1 How about a special bubble bath?

Freesia:...What if she falls down and lets me drown, Dad?

Miles: She won't. Just forget yesterday ever happened.


Freesia: YOU can be my new parents!

Black Cat:...I wasn't ready for this responsibility!


Freesia: And the neglect continues!

I mean, that's just the garden, it's not your sister.

Freesia: Don't say the S word! I don't like it, it's traumatising!


Freesia: This is more like it.

Miles: Yeah, I'll help you stack those blocks. Maybe one day you can help out your little sister.

Freesia: Fat chance.


Later...

Big surprise, Nalani's here. She called to ask Roxana to her house, which I said no to, and then half an hour later asks to come over. Stalker, I swear.

Nalani: Wooow kid, your parents really are useless today!

Hyacinth: I KNOW


Roxana's elusive second outfit makes an appearance once more!

Roxana: Not for long, I'm going to bed!

Good, we're in agreement.


4am...

Freesia: Wow. Floor tacos again. Aren't I a lucky kid?

Would you rather have nothing?

Freesia: Good point.

Roxana: Looks like you do know how to use your potty. 

Freesia: Wow you're behind. I've been able to do that for ages now, holy crap.

Roxana: Oh yeah? Hurry up and take one then.

Freesia: Dammit, that was kinda clever.


Freesia: Wow, if this is how she has to get fed maybe floor tacos aren't so bad!

Roxana: Oh hush, it's natural. You'll get it one day.

Freesia: I'd rather not.


Freesia: Dad! Thank Watcher you're here! Mum said it didn't happen, but I SAW her nearly fall down again!

Miles: Yeah...she's napping now. I need to tend the garden, can you watch yourself for a bit?

Freesia: Oh sure, I'm more competent than you two put together,

Miles: Thanks.

Freesia: Don't worry. Mum brings down the average.


Miles: Just one last skill, OK. Sit tight.

Freesia: But it's my birthday, the weird blue box said so!

Miles: You don't even have a cake yet. Sit tight and I'll help you.


Roxana: Oooh, she looks like me!

Roxana hasn't slept properly since her second trimester with Hyacinth. the baby who's about to be a toddler. So...I guess it makes sense for her to start losing it.


Roxana: Floooorrr...

Miles:...You alright there?

Freesia: What do you think, Dad?

Miles: I was hoping this wouldn't happen again. Don't let it ruin your birthday.

Freesia: Yeah...happy birthday to me. This is all her fault anyway.

Maybe a little bit.


Hyacinth: Attention please! Or I'll SCREAM!

Miles: Oh lord.


And here are the girls in their final (for now) forms! Hyacinth is Fussy - joy, let's hope Miles can handle her as easily as her sister. And Freesia is Self-Assured with the Scamp aspiration.


Uh, no.

Freesia: Zzzz....Mum used mine.

Ffs Roxana. 

Freesia: It's OK. Not like I want to be far away upstairs.


She may turn out to be one but so far...

Hyacinth: By my best estimates, this is in fact a block.


Maybe her sister was right, here is Hyacinth in fact being a horror.

Miles: So, shall we learn to use that potty by you? It'll be fun-

Hyacinth: Shove it up your ass, old man!

Miles:...First of all I'm thirty.


By the end of the night, Miles the baby whisperer prevailed.

Hyacinth: No I w - *zzzz*

Miles: Phew. Why do I feel like I just ran a marathon? That was only the first evening!


Freesia is awake at 2am doing random crap. Ah, this is a good successor to my ISBI.

Freesia: Don't worry, Catty, we'll keep watch over the evil brewing back there.

Hyacinth: *snore*


Freesia: Not into clowns then, Catty? That's OK. She's the clown.

Cat: Feel like you're reaching a little. Why do you even hate her?

Freesia: Existence, of course!

GOTOSLEEP


Roxana: Oh lord I've been in this bed so long! I'm so stiff and achy, I can never do this again!

I wish you would. That was what's called a 'proper amount of sleep'.


Miles: Seriously.

Seriously?

Hyacinth: Told you. I wanted ice-cream. Now cleanup on Aisle 4, old man.

Miles: I'm still thirty!


Freesia: Uh...sorry Mum. I'm pretty tired, didn't get a lot of sleep so I'm going back inside...

Roxanne: Ugh how is my kid so boring?


Hyacinth: Ice cream for breakfast pls!

Roxana: That's more like it!

Hyacinth: So can I?

Roxana:...We don't actually have any, can I interest you in chocolate-covered animal crackers?

Hyacinth: Ye.


Roxana: I have distracted her with peas, bathroom quickie before she throws everything?

Miles:...Yes pls.

Hyacinth: These are weird crackers.


Freesia: I should NOT have told you the truth.

Hyacinth: Too bad. Clean up on Aisle 4-

Freesia: No, I don't think I will.


Roxana: Well. Here we go again.

She seems to have regained her ability to care for herself so yeah. Third baby. This'll be the last I think.


Nalani, here once again.

Nalani: I've got all that old food off the floor - let me take it to the trash! 

Roxana: Oh, you are a dear. There'll always be a place here for you, Nalani.

Nalani: That's the plan.

Roxana: What?


Hyacinth: Don't trick me this time. I want TREATS.

Roxana: Why of course not dear.


Roxana: *gag* Why did I let this happen again?

Hyacinth: Not on my head!


Roxana: Miles, I can smell you from over here. And don't eat your greasy food on the nice white chairs!

Miles: It's not my fault, you try looking after kids and the garden!


What's Miss Freesia, the actual heiress, doing?

Freesia: High scoreeee....seriously leave, I'm trying to finish building this house. It needs to be worth 30k.

Haha meta.


Roxana: Take your awful sugary fruit slop, eat surrounded my all this filth, and leave me in peace.

Hyacinth: Good morning to you too, mother.,


Freesia: That was a nice Hyacinth-free day!

Uh...good for you. She's been terrible all day for Miles, unfortunately.

Freesia: I was right! I knew it! They should have stoped with me, I'm the best.

..Your mother's having a third.

Freesia: Waitwhat.


Freesia: Need some help, Dad?

Miles: Mmmm...taco.

Freesia: You need some help, Dad.

Bless you, kid.


Freesia: Seeeriously needs help.

Miles: No, that's enough. You will learn to use the potty or else!

Hyacinth: No!

Miles: Or else!

Hyacinth:...But-

Freesia: Huh, he's using my pointers.


Miles: Now what's the problem with books? Do you wanna turn out stupid?

Hyacinth: Couldn't be worse than you!

Miles: Why you - how about one of Mum's books?

Hyacinth: Mum's even worse!


Miles: There was once a sweet kitten...

Hyacinth: I can't HEAR YOU

Miles: Then sit closer!

Hyacinth: NO!


Nalani: Well this chair is a health hazard...good thing Auntie Nalani is here!

*sigh* Thanks, stalker.


Freesia: So Auntie...if you care so much about us, and love kids, just have a few of your home.

Nalani: Oh, silly, you don't get it, with my husband...

Freesia: So leav ehim? Mum and Dad are gross but they definitely love each other.

Nalani: Too true!

Freesia: You can find that, you're pretty. Now get out, I need to take a crap.


Freesia: And she threw the sauce all over Dad. Yet another reason why I should be your favourite.

Nalani: Now, aunties don't have favourites.

Freesia: Sure they can. I know Dad likes me best. She's a little terror. Even the Watcher agrees.


Hyacinth: On my way to ruin her night.

Miles: Now...come on, we don't have to do that. Get down here, I made your favourite sandwich!


Miles: Sorry about this, sweetie. I didn't know she'd climb all those stairs to get to you.

Freesia: Of course she would. It's not your fault actually. I was awake the second she got to the stairs. I could sense her evil aura.

Hyacinth: Sandwich...bend to me!


Freesia: I can't believe you. Another one?

Roxana: Shit, did I forget to tell you?

Freesia: Evidently. Isn't the second one bad enough?

Roxana: I'm kind of agreeing with you, but at this point we can't take this back.


Roxana: Piece of junk! This is not the water I wanted to break!

You're still in your 2nd trimester, that's not happening for a while.

Roxana: And it's my third pregnancy, I'm done with this shit, and a girl can dream!


The happy couple are working in the garden.

Roxana: So when's the wedding, Miles? It's been ages since you proposed.

Miles: O__O talk to the watcher *sprays more bug spray*


Freesia: So....hope everybody's still alive today. Who knows what she could do, the demon.

Miles, just offscreen: *whistling as he sells flowers*


Roxana: I am NOT IN THE MOOD. This woman is a Stage 5 clinger, it's like she's stalking us!

Bad news, Roxy.


...she's here anyway.

Nalani: *sigh*...I just met my affair-stepkid. It's been really hard-

Freesia: I'm seven, can you stop?

Hyacinth: I'll gnaw on her ankles for you.

Freesia: Maybe if the horror likes me, I can tolerate her...


The next morning...

The happy couple are, well...

Roxana: So we're doing this again.

Miles: Mhm isn't it great, honey-

Roxana: Read the room, Miles! Or just listen out for my TONE. I'm not sure I'm happy about this!

Miles: Don't worry, we'll do great.

Roxana; Sure, 'we' like I'm not the one who pushes it out.


Roxana: GodDAMMIT you couldn't even give a girl the time to finish her taco, hm?


Here he is.

Roxana: You look just like your sister...the second one. That's not good, is it?

Acorn: I 'unno 

He's been alive for like one second.


Miles: You do look like your sister. I love her but I hope to the Watcher you don't grow into her.

Acorn: Can I please just eat my lunch?

Poor kid.

Anyway, we will see you next time when both Hyacinth and Acorn grow up.




















































Comments