Drifting For Miles - House 1, Part 2

 

Nalani; Hey, baby's crying, which seems like a you two problem.

Roxana: I gave birth two hours ago!

Miles: OK, I'll just eat this salad faster!


Nalani: You two use protection next time. You still don't have real floors around here.

Roxana: Shush, you!...So how's marriage going?

Nalani: It's been twelve hours, it's going like nothing.

Miles: That's not right.

Nalani: Oh, you would say that.


Roxana: So...wanna break in that new bath-shower?

Miles: Does that mean what I think it means?!

Roxana: Mmmmhm. You better not get me pregnant again.


Nalani: Well, somebody better do the dishes around here.

Boundaries, woman, do you know them?


Nalani: I'mma pray for your uterus to be empty, girl.

Miles:...I'm uncomfortable.

Roxana: I'm just gonna look at you.

Nalani: Am I wrong though?


Roxana: I'm also gonna pretend this isn't happening.

Ah, sweet denial. Typical Sutherland coping strategy.

Roxana:...Don't say that. Miles has told me about his family.


Roxana: You look like you're cold, little Free.

Freesia: I'm HUNGRY


I changed Roxana's hair because it was unfortunately giving her a bad case of shiny glitch. I'm not sure about this one so it might change at some point.

Some Sims suit basically every hairstyle you put on them, and Roxana isn't one of them.


Roxana:...Yeah, it was like being engulfed in shimmer! Interesting, but I wouldn't repeat.

Miles: Oh, that's a funny story.

Roxana: Don't patronise me, you tried to convince me you were descended from a vampire-alien!

Miles: Quarter-alien.


Awww, Roxana's watering Miles's garden. How sweet.

Roxana: There is absolute fuck all to do in this house, and I've read all the books twice.


Roxana: I'm helping!

Miles: Mmmprghghgh!

Freesia: Lol I'm being traumatised.


J: What was I thinking of....oh right. Nothing. As usual.

What's with the random visitors, seriously?


Miles: I know, right? I thought people gave all houses a wide berth, or maybe it was just us. The Sutherland rep and all.

Glad you figured it out.

Miles: I would have avoided that place if possible.


Nalani: Oh hey Miles, mind lettin' me in?

Miles:...Do you just live here now?

Nalani: Well, I like to check on my favourite disgustingly soppy couple.


Nalani: Hey sweetheart, I'm you're Auntie Lani! Aw, you're a strange looking kid, aren't you?

Freesia: Well you're basically a stalker. Dad mutters it when he cuddles me.

Nalani:...Right.


Nalani: You see, I don't think he's a fan of me-

Roxana: Don't be silly. You love Nalani, right babe?

Miles: Oh, sure I do.

Roxana: You're not looking me in the eye.


Roxana: I love you so - Nalani why are you looking at us like this?

Nalani: Gives me hope for my own love life.

Roxana: You're married.

Nalani: How well do you think that's going?


Nalani: Step away, Vlad.

Vlad: You have no right to-

Nalani: One siren song and you're cooked to a crisp. They won't find your ashes at the bottom of the Forgotten Hollow river. So stay away from my friends.

Vlad:...Fine. I don't appreciate this though!

Nalani: I don't care.

Maybe it's useful having a stalker sometimes.


...And I do feel bad for her. She can have a second home here if her husband is running around on her already.


Middle of the night quickie for these two.

Roxana: We've made a choice.

Miles: Yeah we have!

Roxana: He's a little more excited than me. It's that family trait. And I also have to carry the thing.

Spoiler: it didn't take.


Roxana: Well I'll just take care of the other babies then. Seriously, I'm well aware these are our biggest source of money.

Exactly, thank you for watering them. It's not like you do that much with the actual baby.

Roxana: Well, you ruined it. Leave me in peace now.


Roxana: I said I'm not coming in.

Miles: If that's how jobs work maybe having one wouldn't be so bad.

Roxana: Miles we just discussed how much we need that garden. No, not you, is your name Miles? I said I'm not coming in, find some cover.

That's not how jobs work, Miles.

Roxana: Not unless you're a boss like me. No, Jim, you're not the boss either, at best you're middle management.


Miles: Ugh...my ears are buzzing, my head is hurting...

Roxana: Oh lol yeah I had that yesterday.

Miles: Great, you got me sick!

Roxana: You got me sick too, and I just know you're gonna do it again.

Miles: What do you - ohhh. Oh right.


Look who's a spit of her father.

Freesia: Give me all your attention, dad!

Miles: Oh lord it's one of these ones.


While waiting for her makeover, little miss Freesia the Fussy plays with her dollhouse. y'know, as her parents make her a sibling.

Freesia: They're what now.


Here's a madeover Freesia. She basically got all of Miles' colouring which is a bit of a letdown as I love Roxana's bright green eyes and I was hoping the heir would have them.

She's...interesting-looking facially. Her parents do have distinctive face shapes - Miles has a sharp chin and jawline, and Roxana has a long, very oval-shaped face)

Anyway I'm sure she'll grow up cute enough.


Apparently we're cutting straight to the pregnancy test for the second baby.

Roxana: We did it, you're gonna be a father again!

Miles: Great, maybe it'll be twins this time!

Roxana: Slow your roll, Miles, I'm the one pushing them out.


Freesia: What's this I hear about a sibling?

Miles: We're all just watching me piss then? Cool.

Roxana: I'm the pregnant one, so you can explain this to her.

Freesia: Yes, I deserve all the attention, explain yourselves!


Miles: Tired?

Roxana: Not in the *zzz* slightest...

Miles: Seriously dear, go to bed.

Roxana: Don't tell me what to *zzzzz* do...


Seriously, go to bed.

Roxana: Everything's fine, I'm an adult and I can use a stove! Is that a unicorn over there...?


Nalani: Lemme in hoe, I don't have all day!

I'm...pretty sure you do. Considering you're here every evening without fail.


Roxana: Ugh. Pregnant again. The smell of cheese now sickens me and that's not OK.

Nalani: Bitch please, at least your husband knocked YOU up.


Nalani: You're a sweet kid.

Freesia: My parents are just pitying you, don't you dare sit on my bed.

Nalani:...Message received.


Freesia: I have not been fed. This is unacceptable. *immediately heads to wake up her parents*


Roxana: She's in my reading nook!

Freesia: What're youuuu gonna do about it?

Roxana: Dammit, that upholstery has a white background!


So far, Roxana's not too bad at watching Freesia when Miles is gardening.

Roxana: How about a bubble bath then?

Freesia: Acceptable.


Freesia: Now this is where it's at.

Roxana: Huh. Just junk food then. I guess parenting really is that easy.


Miles: Well...that's my next job.

Morning sickness really does hit poor Roxana hard.


Miles: I said I would do it!

Roxana: You took too long! I simply couldn't bear it anymore!

Miles: It's been five minutes, I just wanted to get this grime off me-

Neat freaks.


Aw, it's storytime for the little princess.

Miles: Once upon a time a beautiful baby was born to-

Freesia: And that's ME. Not sibling.

Miles: Sure dear.


Most of the day was spent skilling Freesia.

Freesia: I don't need this, I already know everything.

Miles: Just tell me what the picture is.

Freesia:...I don't need this!


Freesia: Wheeee...who's calling? No interrupting playtime, please!

Miles: It's Nalani. She can come later, the poor woman needs the company...

Side note: Miles might just be the Toddler Whisperer, because he and this little brat had a great day. She didn't throw a single fit.


Roxana: Uh...hi?

This picture has no real purpose other than me showing that YES she has other outfits.

Roxana: This is what I put in my work locker, who cares?


And of course Miles the Perfect comes right from tucking in his toddler to hold hands with his fiancee.

Miles: You look gorgeous as ever no matter what you wear, Roxana.

Roxana: Oh, you.


Now that Roxana's home Miles can go out for a quick collectibles run. I mean, we could do it before but it feels wrong to just leave Freesia alone for hours while Miles digs rocks.

Miles: If you make me neglect my child I'll reach through the screen and do this to your HEAD.


Roxana: This isn't good.

So. Miles broke the toilet and I didn't realise, so I sent him to sleep. This is after buying a computer, so we can't replace the thing. Roxana has just woken up desperate for the toilet.

Get ready to pee yourself girl, I am so sorry.

Drinking that water didn't help though.


Roxana: Well, this is undignified.

Miles: Better late than never?

Roxana: Not in this scenario.


Roxana got herself showered, poor thing, just in time to feed a hungry Freesia.

Freesia: Sibby made you fat, hm Mama?

Roxana: Good morning to you too.


She's really not having a good time with this pregnancy...

Roxana: Never again!


Roxana: Miles already has enough 'babies' out here.

Woman. Please. Get some sleep before your shift, you've been up all night and you work in two hours.


Miles: I know you're still pregnant, but what would you think about a third-

Roxana: Really. You bring this up now. What happened last night, Miles?

Miles: I know, I know. I'll get us an unbreakable toilet?

Roxana: Do that and we'll talk.


Freesia:...How did you convince me to do this?

Miles: Dunno. Kind of just happened.

Miles continues to be the baby whisperer. He's very good with Freesia. Her current whims indicate she's a total daddy's girl.


Miles: Come fly with me!

Freesia: Yep! Just me and you! No sibling!

Miles:...We're gonna have to talk about that, Freesia.


Freesia: You thought you were going outside without me?

Miles: I thought you were napping, missy. Wait, that's my moth-

Freesia: Anyway, let's have that talk. My demands first-

Miles: Your sibling is not negotiable, Freesia.


Miles: Who is this?

Katrina Caliente: Wouldn't you like to know, handsome?

Miles: I'd like to know why you're outside my house, yes.


Katrina: Ah, what a cheerful little place.

Nalani: Yeah, his fiancee loved him when he had fifty dollars and a toilet to his name. You're no competition.

Katrina: So why are you here then?

Nalani: I'm just her friend. Besides, their daughter loves her Auntie Nalani.


Freesia: Your marriage garbage! 

Nalani: Where'd you learn that?

Freesia: Dad said it!


And why are YOU here, Caleb? Which one are you after?

Caleb: Cool, multiple blood donors!


Roxana: Wow this book is so good!

Freesia: Really Mum.

Roxana: What? I just like to look at your darling face.

Freesia: Thanks, but could you dim the damn lights at least?


I still think it's sweet that Roxana comes to keep Miles company when he's gardening, but...

Miles: Need a nap before work, dear?

Roxana: I don't know why *yawn* you'd think that, darling.


This is why.

No point loss though. That's not how Drifting works.

Might keep Roxana off work today though. I know she's non-controllable, but I'm using the ISBI rules for uncontrollables to determine what I can make her do, and vacation days is one of those.


Freesia: FEEEED ME. This is not OK!

It isn't. But why would smashing your dollhouse help?

Freesia: *lip wobble*


Go to SLEEP. Miles can do that, he's had a full night's worth! 

Roxana: But he's eating and I just couldn't wait-


Miles: Potty on your own, huh? Aren't you growing up so fast?

Freesia: Are we ignoring that then?

Roxana: *snore**dribble*

Miles: Yeah. I'll help her later. I did warn her.


Freesia: Why did you take me off the potty?

Roxana: I'm *yawn* helping.

Freesia: Well you'll have to help me out of this nappy, thanks to that stunt.

Fucks SAKE Roxana, go to sleep!


Freesia: God I hope I don't end up like her.


Yeah, let's hope. This is Number 4.

Maybe this child will be the fussy brat demon, instead of Freesia, who despite being Fussy and a little demanding, is pretty chill most of the time.


Miles: Er...sorry, but we'll have to read that story another time. I need to take your mum to the hospital.

Freesia: Haha yeah, to fix her brain.

Miles: Hopefully that resolves itself. It's actually to have your sibling.

Freesia:...Oh. I won't forget this!


This is little Hyacinth. She's got that darker blue skin that shows up in the line every so often. Hope she turns out cute!


Freesia's not happy though.

Freesia: NOOOOO *sobs*


Comments