Drifting for Miles - House 1, Part 1


Miles: That's the worst name ever. It's not funny and it's not even accurate. This isn't for me, this is for your own amusement.

*types money 0*

You might be right about that.

Miles: I usually am.

Anyway, Miles here retains his traits of Loves Outdoors, Romantic and Family-Oriented. His aspiration is Freelance Botanist.


Miles: Well at least I can be in nature.

We're doing the typical Day 1 legacy routine of 'dig up every collectible, then fish'.


Hey look Miles, you have cute neighbours.

Roxana: Hey. Why did you suddenly move in?

Nalani: No reason at all! At least I have a house now.

Roxana: I suppose that's good.

One of these women is Nalani. The other is Roxana Belle from this Breed Out The Ugly challenge. She would have been the final heir had she not been a second-born twin.

Yes she is Miles' intended, how did you figure that one out?


Roxana:...So it's a bit of a fixer-upper, huh?

Nalani: I'm sure he's got some sort of plan, some money-

Miles: Yep, and nope!

Roxana: So what are you gonna...do?

Miles: I'll figure it out when I have more than $53 to my name. But there will be a house here one day, mark my words!


Nalani: Homeless or not, he seems pretty alright.

Roxana:...Maybe.

Johnny: Ha, my trailer isn't looking so bad now, huh ladies?

Roxana: At least this guy has ambition, Johnny.


Miles became flirty almost immediately. Atta boy.

Miles:...Well now I do not want to talk to her.

Roxana: Whatever, dude.

Miles: Um. Sorry. Ignore that. Let's start again?

Nalani: Can one come back from that?


A bit of chatting later...

Miles: Great to meet you guys, but I'm pretty busy, see you around.

Nalani: Aight, bye-

Miles, whispering: Do you wanna stay a bit longer, Roxana?

Roxana: That wasn't subtle.

Miles: Sorry, it's the Sutherland in me.

Roxana: The what? I'm going. I'm just gonna go.


Miles:...What a woman.

Who was right?

Miles: Shut up, you ruined it.


This is the fruit of Miles' labour so far.

Miles: This is it? How can toilets be so expensive? We had so many back at - right, we were spoiled trust fund kids with 2.5mil in the savings account.

At least you're self-aware about it.


Miles: This is still not ideal. I would have rather begun my gardening career with some proper seeds-

Mmm, yeah, but you need to get those off the computer, and we can't leave the home lot until you have £1k in the bank account.

Miles:...Sigh.

Look, it's not so bad. I opened your time capsules and you even have a bed back there now!


Miles: Hi Roxana, what brings you here?

Roxana: Oh, just walkin' by. Love what you've done with the place.

Miles: Very funny.


The next morning...

Miles: Nice, but I need a shower.

For now, this is your shower.

Miles: Maybe for a hobo.

Look around you, dude.


Miles:...Yup. This is some hobo shit. Guess this is my life now.

I knew you'd understand.


Miles: Now this is more like the gardening I was thinking...and it feels kinda good to gather it all from the earth.

I am so glad you're coming round.


Miles: Not really. That sink won't do it for long if I'm gonna be gardening in the hot sun all the time.

Oh, I managed to get you a shower.

Miles:...Ugh why am I suddenly so thankful for that?


Roxana: So where's hobo at? It's not like he's got bus fare lmao.

Running around the neighbourhood collecting rocks.

Roxana:...Why is he still cute tho?

Sutherlands. Good faces, garbage on the inside...except Miles, he's pretty alright.


Roxana: Hm, I made fun of him before but he's actually done a lot with the place, for someone who apparently had £53 yesterday.


Roxana: Well, you don't need money to have fun.

Miles: I'm gonna make a strawberry, maybe then my real strawberries will grow.

Roxana: Fine, I'll do a flower or something.


Miles: Speaking of flowers...

You smooth bastard.

Roxana: Oh Miles! Where did you get that though, they don't grow around here?

Miles: Less asking, more taking.

Roxana: Do you think I'll say no?


Miles: Glad you didn't, glad to know you.

These two needed little help from me. They're just drawn to each other - they became friends fast. 

After the rose, which only happened 'cos Miles got flirty, this was the first interaction they did afterwards. Milana is a go!


One more flirt and this is where we're at.

Roxana: Oh!


Miles: I just...can't believe you're interested.

Roxana: Why wouldn't I be, you're pretty cute.

Miles: I mean interested now. Look around. I was thinking you might be interested if there's a real house there.

Roxana: Eh, no matter what house you've got you'll still have that face.


Miles: I've got a working shower now...

Roxana: That should not sound so sexy.


Miles: I promise I'll call you, but you should actually go home and get some sleep.

Roxana: Oh why, got another girl comin' round?

Miles:...No, because I only have one incredibly uncomfortable camp bed and I kind of need to sleep if I'm gonna get my work done tomorrow.


Miles: I think last night might have been a dream, fruit...wait, that's not good.

According to traits you've avoided that classic Sutherland Erratic trait, but it does often show up where it's not written...

Miles: That's not good.


Miles is selling off stuff from the community garden.

Miles: And? You made me. Plus aren't I the community?

Got a point. Kinda.

Don't thieve from your neighbourhoods, kids.


Miles: I wonder if I can carve my face into this gnome as a surprise. Roxana likes my face after all.


Miles: That didn't go to plan.

It didn't, did it?

Miles: Well this is cursed as hell.


Miles: Oh well, time to hustle, this house isn't gonna build itself. If she walks by she'll have a lovely surprise.

Miles is doing odd jobs now that the collectibles well has kind of run dry.


Roxana: Race you home, I mean, to your home-

Miles: Don't live here. Not until I fix it up a little more. You're too good.


Miles: I wanna be with you, but not unless you can live the best life possible. But understand, I'm not putting it off for any other reason but that.

So Miles moves fast. I guess that's what you expect from a Family-Oriented Romantic.


Roxana: I can barely believe that I actually believe you. But I want the same. In it for the long haul.

Miles: Really?

Roxana: Uh, yeah, I kinda really like you if you didn't notice.

Miles: Oh no, I wasn't aware.

Roxana: Don't be an ass. Y'know, we can always work on this lot together. It's a good patch of land.


Absolutely adorable.

....is what I'd say if Miles' selfie face didn't look like a goddamn fish. Roxana's cute here though.


Roxana: Miles what are you-

Miles: Marry me!

He whimmed this. I was gonna wait. 

Miles: Why bother? Roxana's the perfect woman and needs to know it!

Roxana: Now that is so sweet.


Roxana: Let's see this ring...

Miles: A chip of a crystal on a bit of twine, I'm afraid...I can get a better one.

Roxana: It's lovely. Yes yes yes!


Roxana: Maybe I should stay Miles. Like...as a home.

Miles: Right, but it's still so rough around here...

Roxana: I'll help you out! It doesn't matter at all. It's not much but it can be ours, if you'll have me?

Miles: It's not like I just proposed, Roxana.

Roxana: I'll run home and get my bags.

Miles: It's midnight.

Roxana: Love don't wait, boo.

You two disgust me. I'm very happy for you though.


Roxana proved in the morning that she is in fact happy with her choices.

Roxana: I'm glad to be with him.

Ew.

I sent her to the toilet before I remembered that she's not controllable. Oops. I guess that's her free action for the lifestage, which is a bit crap. 


Miles, muttering: Oh dear...the hobo stink is back.

Roxana, not giving a single shit: Hey, so I got a job down at the science lab. I told you we're doing this together!

Miles: That's nice, dear. 

Roxana: Whoa, don't start with that on day 1 of engagement!


Roxana: Ah, it's good to be home.

She's so sweet. Anyway, Roxana Belle is Neat, a Bookworm and a Dog Lover. She has the Soulmate Aspiration which we could complete.

I mean have you seen these two? Nauseating.


Roxana: Oh, that does not feel good! It must be that nasty old fridge - I'll stick to cooked food from here, no more *gag* dairy-


Roxana: I think I've got food poisoning!

Miles: See, this is why I wanted to fix things up before you moved in...

Roxana: Bit late for that now! 


Roxana: I feel way better now...surely I'd still feel bad if I was actually sick. But then why else would I be nauseous? Unless - oh no.

Go on, take the test.


Roxana: Miles, I don't have food poisoning.

Miles: You don't need to try and make me feel better. I said I was sorry and I'm accepting responsibility.

Roxana: You better accept responsibility because you're about to be a father.

Miles:...Wait what.


Roxana: You got me pregnant. You're gonna be a father. That's what.

Miles: Oh well...better than food poisoning.

Roxana: Really?

Miles: Sorry, I just love kids, always wanted 'em...

Roxana: Oh, same here. I've always planned on kids. But this soon...?

Miles: Well. I guess I'll start working even harder! We're not raising a hobo child!

Roxana: I'd watch that show.

So Risky WooHoo gave us a very early Milana child. As per the Drifter challenge rules, this is the heir if I choose to do another house. Idk we'll see how I enjoy this one.


Roxana: I mean, I might not have food poisoning but I still don't know if I trust this fridge.


Roxana: Huh, you guys are kind of cute. I didn't know I'd like frogs.

This is all she does. Not really her fault considering how little there is to do around here rn.


Of course right after I put that Nalani came over.

Nalani: So...yesterday you're 'taking it slow' and then I hear you at 1am crashing out of our house?

Roxana: Yeah...night got away from us.

Nalani: Oh, I can tell. Are you happy though?

Roxana: How could I not be, I'm pregnant and engaged!

Nalani:...Wow, you really fell for that 'hobo' didn't you.


Roxana: Nice to have a stove...I still don't trust that fridge.

Miles: Funny how grateful you get to be for stuff like that.


Roxana: So are you gonna toss my salad later?

Miles: *splutter*

Roxana: What, I can't get more pregnant!


Roxana: Miles your baby is making me sick.

Miles: Hey, it's ours, just think about that wonderful life growing inside-

Roxana: When it's doing this shit, it's yours, Miles.


Miles:...Why're you looking at me like that, kid?

Pierce: Do you really live outside? Mum says you're a hobo, so I just gotta know! Are you a troll?

Miles: Oh come on!...I have a room now, the kitchen is still outside.

Pierce: Oh, like Dad's tent when they fight.

Miles: Is that normal...? Like should I expect this?

Pierce: I dunno, I'm only seven.

Miles: I wasn't asking YOU kid.

Pierce: Nobody else is here though.


Later....

Roxana: Stop JUMPING! Miles your child is a pain in the ass!


Nalani: Yo you don't have to spread your pain, you did this to yourself.

Roxana: But it huuuurts.


Miles:...Why are you prodding my ankles?

Nalani: Bold words for someone whose cleaning I'm doing.

Miles: I didn't ask you to!

Nalani:...Well, your fiancee just tried to slice off half my tit and I need a little bit of retribution.


Roxana: We need a separate bathroom. It's unseemly to have the toilet by the books.

Well, you two did the do and now you need baby things, so that comes first.

Roxana: How much can that stuff cost, a hundred? My mums never had these problems.

Ah, legacy kids.


Roxana is sick again.

Roxana: I'm not cleaning this up!

Miles: *snore* OK darling...


'I'm not cleaning this up, huh'

Roxana: Oh it just smelled so bad and the FLIES - I couldn't stand it! How could anyone?

Neat sims. My favourite type of uncontrollable.


Reality might have hit these two now that they've got a baby on the way and the whirlwind romance has died down a little.

Miles: I'm not saying I'm dreading it...but we are horrendously unprepared.


Something that is very sweet is Roxana talking to Miles every morning while he gardens.

Roxana: What are we going to do then?

Miles: I'll sell these plants and sort something out for the little goober. Then, we just cross our fingers.

Roxana: That's hardly rooted in reality - I'll just buy some parenting books.

Miles: With what money?


Don't look so happy about breaking the toilet.

Roxana: That's very eh. I'm just happy 'cos it's not my responsibility.


Why so pissy, Miles?

Miles: I want a break!

No can do. What happened to the positivity and determination to hustle?

Miles: Still there, but sometimes a man just needs to build a damn sandcastle for once!


Miles: Thank you.


How are we getting on?

Miles: Baby shark doo-doo-, doo-doo-doo-doo...I wasn't!

Yes. You were. That's OK, it's earwormy.


Back at home there is a random visitor.

Miles: Uh hi, nobody even knows you.

Wolfgang: You'll know me soon enough...in all manners, handsome.

Miles: Ooook, time to go home now.

Wolfgang: Was that not a good line? Do you have any constructive criticism?

Miles: OK kid, give me your phone, I'll call you an Uber.

Wolfgang: I'm an adult, I'm twenty-one!

Miles: Mmm, no.


Rpoxana: Who's this guy? Miles?

Miles: He's just on his way out, aren't you?

Wolfgang: Sure, sure, but you'll be begging for me to come back and I won't say no! Need a back rub?

Roxana: Well, that's creepy.


Nlani's just a fixture here at this point and I'm living for it.

Nalani: So those two are disgusting as ever, huh?

Roxana: Ooh Miles, you really make my heart flutter.


Oh and here's the state of the house. It's worth 8,000.


Nalani: These two need all the help they can get.

I think Roxana would have enjoyed doing this tbh, but thanks anyway.


Miles: What do you think, love? It's not pretty but it's got room for us and the baby now!

Roxana: Oh, it's beautiful, you've done so well. I'm sure we'll make this work!

Miles: Of course we will. It won't be easy, but we'll flipping do it.


Roxana:...I think this friendship might have run its course.

Nalani is hogging Roxana's side of the bed because she's reading a book. 


She actually left pretty soon. I guess because she was getting married or something.

Go make a readymade friend for this kid!


Roxana: DON'T LOOK AT ME 

Miles: Ugh I miss having multiple bathrooms!

Roxana: Ugh, just go. I'll deal with it...oh the indignity.


Roxana: *glub* Leave me to drown.

And take the heir with you, I think not.

Roxana: Thanks for the concern.


Roxana: Yeah, that wasn't just bathwater, that was like my water-water. MILES!


Mortimer: I simply must speak to the owners of this eyesore and blight on the neighbourhood - who's screaming in there? Are they keeping hostages?

Roxana: MILES TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL


Miles: *whistling* Hey Roxy can you get the door?


Roxana: I'm not a hostage, for reasons I can't fathom right now I chose to live here. Call me an Uber and get out please.

Mortimer: Well I never, the insolence-


Mortimer: Boy, stop freaking out and go help that young lady. Take some responsibility.

Miles: Thanks, ya snooty asshole, that's actually some good advice!


Roxana: I did it babe! We're parents!

Mortimer: You people should not be procreating.

Miles: OK, fuck off for real.


The blue skin lives on! This is Freesia, firstborn and expected heir for House 2. All kids born in this Drifter Challenge will be named after plants.

Next time, this little missy is going to grow up and probably get a sibling too.


































































































Comments