Moving On Up With Steve - Part 2



We're back in San Myshuno with Steve, who is on the other side of the Fashion District, where he HASN'T gained a rep as guy-who-walked-out-in-underwear (refer to last chapter).

Julius: I'm literally just a vehicle for you to gain social need!

Steve: Works for me. Wanna laugh at this dumb tourist?

Moira: I'm a stereotype!


His social needs taken care of, Steve was packed off to the gallery once more.

Steve: I feel like I've painted this before.

Lol you definitely have.


Steve finishes his first masterpiece.

Doesn't he look good doing so?

Steve: This is not how I wanted to look in your picture!

Hahahaha.


Back at home, Steve smells a rat.

Steve: I SAW it! With my own two eyes.

Personally I thought you had three.

Steve: Get Darsh! Get Darsh!

No!


Steve: *whistling* I'm so awesome, who needs a landlord...?

He fixed the problem on his own, but still, Steve. You're a wimp.


Rita: *sigh* Today has been the worst.

She was stuck in labour forever because the stupid game made her a vendor. Thanks, game. So I cheated and added her to the household. Now I'll kick her back out and act like it never happened.

Steve: Rita's living-

No. She isn't. OK, let's get her out of here.


Today is just great for Steve isn't it?

Steve: I'm trying to sleep! It's midnight!

Anya: *imitates* I'm trying to sleep! It's midnight!

Steve: SERIOUSLY?


Poor Rita finally gave birth. To twins. That's fun.


Steve: Well today is also going great, right? *sigh*

Rat: Huehuehue you won't get rid of me this time!

He did in fact fail to get rid of the mouse hole.


Steve: Oh shit, not again.

Yeah this is on me. I should not have expected you to get changed on your own.

Darsh: So awkward.


Steve: What happened to the door?

Aanya: I opened it, dipshit.

Steve: Rita? Wanna hang out?

Aanya: She just had two babies, idiot.



Steve: *muttering* Screw you, Aanya, she really wants to hang out.

Rita: Huh?

Steve: I mean...this is fun, right?

Rita: Yeah, OK.


Steve: So...where are you from?

Rita: I 'unno. Some blue void, I think.

Steve: That's where my great-grandma came from!


Steve: Heheheheheyyyy Aanya...

Aanya: So she came out here anyway? Now I'm her chaperone.

Steve: I just want to get to know her!

Aanya: Hmmm...


Aanya: Watching you...

Rita: I'm not sure how many stories I wanna hear about your mum, Steve...

Steve: Voodoo dolls...so many voodoo dolls.



Steve: This is nice, right?

Rita: Sure, if you think that complete darkness and a creepy outline of a man is nice.

Steve:...Oh. Seriously Rita, you're really cute and I like you and your glow, but don't talk bad about my roommate.

Rita: OK!



Steve:...What are you doing?

Rita: You're so hot.

Steve: *nervous laugh* Uhhh...that's the tea talking, right? Because there's no way I actually have a shot.

Rita: Shhhhhshhh. Lemme do my thing.

Steve: *covers face* I'm scared and aroused at the same time.



Steve: You're like no-one I've ever met!

Rita: That's so nice!

Steve: Seriously. I've like, never known a blonde.

Rita:...Aight.



Rita: Hey! We have linked wrists!

Steve: So...do you like that, or should I do something else...?

Rita: Let's just keep talking.

She left at about 10.00pm, which was good because Steve needed to take care of his needs.



Steve: How am I supposed to bring Rita to live here when the neighbours are this obnoxious?

How sweet. But you assume she'll be moving into your place. (You'd be right, but still)

Steve: I grew up in a legacy...of sorts. I know how this stuff works.



The next morning, while Steve was getting his sandwich and TV in, I looked around the Fashion District...

And I wasn't disappointed.

Raj: #sandwichguy yeeee!

Eric: I love to be appreciated.

Arun: I wish you guys wouldn't do that in my chest.



Steve: What a beautiful volcano! I support the lava. Hey, maybe I should get lava and fling it on the next person who appears behind me!



Rita: I can be as crazy as Steve. I can do anything I set my mind to!

Arun: This is such a fucking weird day...



Just what you need Steve, a day-drinker.

Rita: It's Sunday Funday, yo!

It's Saturday, Rita.

Rita: Whatever, I'm only having one.



D-red-s: What's up there, Blondie, need a second?

Rita: You think I'm going to take stuff from you, weirdo?

Bartender: Please give me business...I don't know why I started an alcohol-based business in an art gallery. Or why I was allowed to.

Rita: No-one cares about your life mistakes, old lady woman.

D-red-s: Redundant words! Though I don't like you because of what you say.

Rita: Shut up!



Rita: ...Hey Steve.

Steve: *forgets everything he was about to say* Uhhhhh



Rita: Hey, I'm swooning, y'all!

D-red-s: I'm doing so well with this chick.

Steve: I think that was for me, dude.



Steve: Wanna...go somewhere...different... Huh. I guess we could go out here....not that we're not out, but-

Rita: Chill, man. San Myshuno Common?

Steve: That works.

Bartender: No! Gimme more business!

Rita: Yeah, let's definitely leave.



Rita: Wait how many statues?

Steve: Eleventy!

Rita: Woooowwww.



Rita: There's a lot of things I can do with a paintbrush.

Steve: Do you know how to properly mix watercolours? I always end up with an ugly mess.

Rita: Right, right. Of course. That wasn't even an innuendo.

Steve: You're so funny, Rita.



Obligatory cloudgazing shot.

Rita: That one looks like your face.

Steve: But it's so blobby. And it has your hair.

Rita: Are you saying-?

Steve: Uh, no, no, it doesn't look like you. At all.



Steve: I'm gonna do something now...please don't freak out.

Rita: Laughing nervously with your hands behind your back. This isn't even in the Top 5 of weird things you've done.

Steve: OK, so you'll be fine with...



Steve: This?

Rita: Shut up and kiss me harder.



Steve: She really likes me...wait, where did she go?



Steve: Rita? You OK?

Rita: *sigh* I'm just nervous...but you won't ditch me like my baby daddy, right?

Steve: How could I ditch you? You're like...the only woman I have a shot with. Sorry. I mean...you're so awesome that you accept my weirdness. And you weren't even that rude about my roommate.

Rita:...I really do recommend getting rid of that drawing, though. It's creepy. And my roommate's driving me nuts so...maybe you won't need him as a roommate soon.



Steve: Wellll...I can't move you in with me until tomorrow. Challenge rules and that. But for now...can we be official?

Rita: I'll take that!

Steve: Yes!



Steve:...Remember what you said about kissing harder?

Rita: What's this now?

Steve: I'm sorry in advance if I drop you.

Rita: STEVE WHA-



<3 Sita forever.

I'm seriously loving this couple.



The next morning...

What is Steve so happy about?

Steve: Last morning spent alone like this! Woohoo!



After his job...

Steve: Hey, so I finally payed my first rent...

Rita: Congratulations, I'm listening...



Rita: Yeah, let's move in together. My roommate is so ANNOYING-

Steve: So you want to...

Rita: Oh, help me get my stuff NOW, and let's go!



After being moved in, I had Rita invite over her baby daddy to get rid of their romance bar.

Guillermo: Rita, babe, I-

Rita: Yeah...this ain't gonna work...seriously what was I thinking?

Guillermo: So you don't want to help me crowdfund my civet-coffee shop?

Rita:...Get out of my apartment.



Guillermo: This isn't your apartment...

Rita: So what, I found a new guy! You didn't call me after our one shitty hookup so that meant I could do what I liked! And I did something I liked, namely Steve! Get out of my life!



(For real, I love the nursery)

Rita: You didn't have to -

Steve: What kind of stepdad would I be if I didn't help you with the little ones?

Rita: I just...didn't expect all of this.

Steve: Do you like it?

Rita: Of course!

Steve: Then what's the problem?

Steve is family-oriented, so I can imagine him being a really great stepdad.

Also why do these babies have dark skin? Both Rita and Guillermo are pale AF. Sometimes their skin tone changes upon ageing...so maybe they'll be pale when they get older? IDK.



Rita: Dude...what the fuck?

Guillermo: Come on! I'm really broke!

Rita: How is this going to make me help you? Stop sitting on the girls' beds that Steve bought, by the way, and get out.



Steve: What the hell? What is going on in there?

I think it's pretty obvious, Stevie.

Steve: Shut the hell up, Mitchell Kalani!



Penny: Come on. You just moved your girlfriend in. You know we all have needs.

Steve: Can't you fulfil them more quietly?

Penny: Where's the fun in that?

Steve: In not pissing off your neighbours?! There are babies next door, you know-

Penny: Blah blah blah-



Steve: You listen here and you listen good!

Penny: Damn man, how freaking old are you? What the hell?

Steve: Yeah, mock all you like, but my stepdaughters and girlfriend - and truthfully, myself too - we all need our sleep! So shut up and roleplay quieter!



Guillermo WHAT.

Why the hell are you in here? It's 1am!

Guillermo: Well my sink is covered in civet droppings-

Well don't get that shit (literally) in ours. Go away!



Rita wakes up flirty the next morning.

Rita: Life is like a dream...and this fruit salad is gonna get Steve right into my arms.

He can make that recipe, it's literally a Level 1 recipe, and don't worry girl, you have him by the balls.

Rita: Shhhshshhh don't rain on my happy domestic parade.



They aged up last night but I only got pictures in the morning.

This is Gillian, who is silly.



And inquisitive Gracelyn.

Gracelyn: Call me Sherlock, dad!

Steve:...Nah.



We leave off here, with Steve and Rita's happy domestic bliss.

Rita: Now this is what I wanted for my babies.

Steve: You have to earn the title of Sherlock, little Grace.

Gracelyn: Won't listen to you!

Gillian: Self-aeroplane!






Comments